HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4/2/13 "The Deadline Approches" - Panthers VS Lightning

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2013, 09:24 PM
  #176
SouthFLFan79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 500
markstrom is amazing, but we need to sit him so we can lose

SouthFLFan79 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:24 PM
  #177
HockeyRulez
Let's Go Panthers!
 
HockeyRulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 2,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
Markstrom 3
Lightning 2
jelly Edmonton fan?


HockeyRulez is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:25 PM
  #178
Beezer
Trochek Was Tripped!
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post

Beezer is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:26 PM
  #179
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
I'm really excited about our future. I like that this season was shortened...kind of a mini-season real-life training camp for our kids. Can you imagine how awesome this team is going to be going into the season next fall?

Lola is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:27 PM
  #180
PanthersHockey1
South by Southeast
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Palm Trees
Country: United States
Posts: 8,226
vCash: 500
This team is going to be scary good regardless of draft pick. markstorm is a monster.

PanthersHockey1 is online now  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:28 PM
  #181
HockeyRulez
Let's Go Panthers!
 
HockeyRulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 2,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Markstrom has officially arrived, what a great game!!!

Three wins in a row? What is this madness!??

HockeyRulez is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:28 PM
  #182
PBPantherfan
1st place WTF?
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,427
vCash: 500

PBPantherfan is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:29 PM
  #183
Beezer
Trochek Was Tripped!
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,690
vCash: 500
great game everybody! Have a great night!

Beezer is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:31 PM
  #184
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreHere
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
I couldn't hope for the tank in this game. No part of me can possibly ever root for the Lightning and I love winning in their barn.

Markstrom deserved that win so badly. I don't know how we would have come close without him in net. Sure, you could think where we'd be if he had started all season, but we can't go back to the past. We can only get excited about him for next season.

Now with two points in the books, I am really hoping for an Avs win as they're tied 1-1 with the Preds.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:31 PM
  #185
Beezer
Trochek Was Tripped!
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post

Beezer is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:32 PM
  #186
smokes lets go
Registered User
 
smokes lets go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
jelly Edmonton fan?

With the way Hall's been playing, hardly. Didn't mean it as an insult, just a big marky fan, guy's gonna be a top 5 goalie in the league

smokes lets go is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:34 PM
  #187
FinlandPanther
Registered User
 
FinlandPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dania Florida
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,706
vCash: 500
Avs are losing with 1:14 left.

FinlandPanther is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:34 PM
  #188
HockeyRulez
Let's Go Panthers!
 
HockeyRulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 2,861
vCash: 500
just our luck...... avs make me-

HockeyRulez is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:35 PM
  #189
JP Mick
Real Good.
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 5,958
vCash: 403
I wouldn't be too concerned about finishing last this year, as long we finish in the bottom 3 I'll be happy.


Quote:
Finishing last isn't all it's cracked up to be this year.

The NHL draft lottery this year will make it possible for any non-playoff team (or a team that acquires the pick via trade) to land the top pick. As a result, the last-place finisher will have less of a chance to pick first.

The odds of the last-place team winning outright remain 25%, but in previous drafts, the lottery winner had a 48.2% chance. That's because teams could move up only four spots in the lottery, so if a team out of the bottom five won (as the New Jersey Devils did in 2011), the last-place team held on to the pick.


The Edmonton Oilers have drafted first overall the past three years: in 2010 as the 30th-place team and lottery winner (Taylor Hall), when New Jersey moved up from eighth to fourth (Edmonton took Ryan Nugent-Hopkins) and last year when they moved up one spot to beat out the Columbus Blue Jackets and take Nail Yakupov.

Defenseman Seth Jones and forward Jonathan Drouin are the favorites to be taken first overall at the June 30 draft in Newark, N.J.

No team can drop more than one spot in the draft order. The odds of winning:

30th place: 25.0%

29th place: 18.8%

28th place: 14.2%

27th place: 10.7%

26th place: 8.1%

25th place: 6.2%

24th place: 4.7%

23rd place: 3.6%

22nd place: 2.7%

21st place: 2.1%

20th place: 1.5%

19th place: 1.1%

18th place: 0.8%

17th place: 0.5%


JP Mick is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:36 PM
  #190
PanthersHockey1
South by Southeast
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Palm Trees
Country: United States
Posts: 8,226
vCash: 500
AG god were we stupid not starting markstrom from the beginning. He could have easily salvaged at least 5 points we would be right in the thick of the playoffs even with this injury plagued lineup.

Terrible and costly mistake. We'll make up for it next year.

Everyone get off the tank wagon and get on the markstrom bandwagon.

PanthersHockey1 is online now  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:37 PM
  #191
Beezer
Trochek Was Tripped!
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,690
vCash: 500
Preds just scored and are now up 2-1 with 1min left in regulation! ****

Beezer is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:41 PM
  #192
McClelland
Registered User
 
McClelland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,324
vCash: 50
Trade for Luongo!Markstrom needs a mentor a couple of years! He isnt nhl ready yet,needs a year more in the Ahl!

McClelland is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:41 PM
  #193
Beezer
Trochek Was Tripped!
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,690
vCash: 500
JP, It says no team can drop more than one spot so if we finish 28th does that mean we get a top 4 pick no matter what?

Beezer is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:47 PM
  #194
PBPantherfan
1st place WTF?
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,427
vCash: 500
So if Theo gets healthy does Markstrom get sent down?

PBPantherfan is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:49 PM
  #195
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.
 
Howboutthempanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brow. County, Fl.
Country: United States
Posts: 9,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
JP, It says no team can drop more than one spot so if we finish 28th does that mean we get a top 4 pick no matter what?
Exactly. If we finish 28th we cannot fall below fourth in the draft.

Howboutthempanthers is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:50 PM
  #196
angry_treefrog
#CatsAreComing
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 7,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
JP, It says no team can drop more than one spot so if we finish 28th does that mean we get a top 4 pick no matter what?
Yes.

One team wins draft and can move up, so worst you can do is drop back one.

So if you finish dead last, you have a 25% chance of picking #1 and a 75% chance of picking #2.

__________________




angry_treefrog is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:56 PM
  #197
HockeyRulez
Let's Go Panthers!
 
HockeyRulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 2,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
JP, It says no team can drop more than one spot so if we finish 28th does that mean we get a top 4 pick no matter what?
Yes, u can only drop 1 spot down. We all want the 1st pick. Realisticly if we finish in the 29th spot, it'll fine. Avs would take Jones most likely and we can take MacKinnon #2. If a team behind us wins the lottery, then we take Drouin at #3. Of course this is assuming Jones will go #1, Mac #2, and Drouin #3.

But unfortunately I don't see us finishing below the Flames either, we'll probably finish 28th.....

HockeyRulez is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:57 PM
  #198
angry_treefrog
#CatsAreComing
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 7,346
vCash: 500
If they finish last they have a 25% chance of drafting #1 and 75% chance of drafting #2.

If they finish #29, they have a 18.8% chance of drafting #1, 25% chance of drafting #2, 56.2% chance of drafting #3

If they finish #28, they have a 14.2% chance of drafting #1, 0% chance of drafting #2 , 43.8% chance of drafting #3, 42% chance of drafting #4

If they finish #27, they have a 10.7% chance of drafting #1, 0% chance of #2 or #3, 58% chance of drafting #4, 31.3% chance of #5.

angry_treefrog is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 10:02 PM
  #199
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 9,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
AG god were we stupid not starting markstrom from the beginning. He could have easily salvaged at least 5 points we would be right in the thick of the playoffs even with this injury plagued lineup.

Terrible and costly mistake. We'll make up for it next year.

Everyone get off the tank wagon and get on the markstrom bandwagon.
im glad Im on record before season for begging for Marky, he was the only one ready to hit ground running.

But your 100% right we will make up for it next yr.

But the kids are learning to win, Marky will only get better. The future is bright.

adam graves is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 10:03 PM
  #200
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 9,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
Trade for Luongo!Markstrom needs a mentor a couple of years! He isnt nhl ready yet,needs a year more in the Ahl!



And send down hubredeau, hes going to get hurt!!!!

adam graves is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.