HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[DAL/COL] Tomas Vincour for Cameron Gaunce

Old
04-02-2013, 10:04 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Gaunce was mishandled with the Avs.

IMO Floor will be a 6th/7th defenseman, ceiling is 2nd pairing in a complimentary role. Most likely will become a solid bottom pairing.
Disagree. Gaunce didn't earn a spot with the Avs.

CB Joe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

vCash: 500
I kind of like Vincour. Thought he showed some potential in his time in Dallas. Maybe just a case of Dallas losing patience with him or a change of scenery? Hope he does well in Colorado.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
Vincour's waiver exemption just ended, right? Maybe Dallas didn't have room for him on the roster but didn't want to lose him for nothing via waivers.
That'd be my guess. Plus the Stars probably feel they have something to offer Gaunce in the coaching and philosophy dept that Colorado didnt. He has the skill set. Just needs to grow and work hard.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:33 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Vincour was sent straight to Lake Erie, so he must still be ineligible for waivers.

Capgeek says he's still exempt.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:42 PM
SuperSaiyanSTARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by morry83 View Post
i completely agree with this. Sounds like connauton and/or gaunce could slide onto our nhl roster and hold their own. at this point, we're going for a top pick in the draft, so who cares if they're bad...
yesss
death for seth

SuperSaiyanSTARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:56 PM
SuperSaiyanSTARS

Hopefully this is a good trade for the Stars as it was for the Blues [last time they traded w/ COL.] They got Shattenkirk and he's become a Top-4 D.

C'mon Hockey Gods work your magic.

SuperSaiyanSTARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:58 PM
skip2mybordeleau
Sign O'Reilly

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanSTARS View Post
Hopefully this is a good trade for the Stars as it was for the Blues [last time they traded w/ COL.] They got Shattenkirk and he's become a Top-4 D.

gaunce's ceiling is bottom pairing. he needs to improve his foot speed to become an nhler first.

skip2mybordeleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:59 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip2mybordeleau View Post
gaunce's ceiling is bottom pairing. he needs to improve his foot speed to become an nhler first.
No it's not. Gaunce can absolutely be a strong stay at home second pairing guy. He's tough, positions himself well, clears the crease and can get the puck out of the zone with his outlet passing.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:04 PM
skip2mybordeleau
Sign O'Reilly

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
No it's not. Gaunce can absolutely be a strong stay at home second pairing guy. He's tough, positions himself well, clears the crease and can get the puck out of the zone with his outlet passing.
i have to disagree, until he becomes a better skater he will be beat from the corner to the net every time, and in the nhl playing top 6 forwards his toughness and strength will not nearly as effective as it is in the ahl.

skip2mybordeleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

vCash: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanSTARS View Post

Shattenkirk was well, well on his way to being a top-4 NHL defenseman and probably could have been called one at that point in his career. Gaunce was lucky to be getting AHL time recently. Gaunce has a lot of work to get to where Shattenkirk was when he got dealt.

Holyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 03:52 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Eh, seems like a change of scenery type of trade to me so I think it's okay for both.

Gaunce was once a pretty good prospect but fell down the pipeline in Colorado with guys like Elliott, Barrie, and Siemens ahead of him. Still could be something but wasn't going to be in Colorado.

On the other hand, I thought Vincour was really making the permanent jump this year and that he has what it takes to play in this league but he's not been able to impress as much as expected. I still think he can be an alright NHL'er if given the opportunity. From what I've seen of him he has a skill set. Question is, where is his ideal place in the lineup? Seems to be more of a top-six'er but has the body size and strength plus the willingness to go into the corners that a bottom-six'er has. Was on Dallas' third line a lot IIRC.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote