HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXV

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
I thought he was injured...?
Yea. "Torso injury."

As in they bruised his chest when PL ripped the Avs logo and sweater off him after practice, and sent him packing.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Detroit is in the market for a Top 6 Forward...

Sherman needs to give Stevie Y another call up and figure out a way to get David Jones in a Wings jersey.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Detroit is in the market for a Top 6 Forward...

Sherman needs to give Stevie Y another call up and figure out a way to get David Jones in a Wings jersey.
You just know he would be the new ****ing Franzen if he went to Detroit.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
He probably would, but we would only have to face him twice a year, I could live with that if we got a good return for him like we did with Quincey.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
He probably would, but we would only have to face him twice a year, I could live with that if we got a good return for him like we did with Quincey.

04-02-2013, 07:23 PM
S3rkie

Gaunce traded
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...27509923250176

Old
04-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
THE AVS MADE A TRADE!!!!!

Oh well, Vincour can do spot duty on the 4th line. At least we got something for Gaunce.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Jimmy Carter
Avs/Leafs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
Easily replaced UFA who may be one of the few expendable pieces that other teams may want. Just because we want to shed the dead weight defense, does not mean we will be able to.
This is my thinking. My friend was telling me the other day that he thinks a bunch of our forwards will get traded. I disagreed, with the logic that: No one wants David Jones' contract, we will not move Hejduk and he will retire an Av, we won't trade Stastny as long as ROR is not locked up long term, McLeod has more worth to us than the 4th rounder we'd likely get for him in a trade, Bordeleau lets McLeod play in a way that makes him worth more than a 4th to us.

I don't think we'll trade Mitchell either, even though I don't really have a great reason for thinking that. The rest of our forwards are part of our core. So I figure Kobasew is about the only forward we can afford to move that will get us anything remotely valuable. Though if we did move Mitchell maybe we could push for a 2nd rounder... I mean, Toronto got that for him haha

Old
04-03-2013, 01:04 AM
GamingGiant

Going to bed not knowing what to expect in the next 14 hours.

Probably going to end up being nothing...

Old
04-03-2013, 09:30 AM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I just learned that Hamonic is better than EJ, all thanks to HFboards to make this possible.
But isn't he playing better? Or at the very least, just as well?

I suspect this will kick off the slew of righteous outrage "EJ is outstanding defensively" posts, but if you simply look at production and play, Hamonic is playing as well or better this season. Ultimate upside? Well, that's a different discussion, and one slanted largely in EJ's favor.

And BTW, can we please put the brakes on the "EJ plays outstanding defense!" stuff, until he actually does so consistently for awhile? Good period here and there, some good shifts here and there, and the odd good game here and there - sure. Overall, good defensively - sure. But outstanding/great/terrific/one of the NHL's best 1st pairing defensively, etc? More wishful thinking by Avs fans in a dismal season, IMO.

That guy needs the season to end asap, so he can go get a fresh start next year. Hoping his offense reappears and his defense does in actuality become outstanding on a consistent basis.

Last edited by ABasin: 04-03-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old
04-03-2013, 09:31 AM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Hamonic is better than EJ.
The argument is certainly at least plausible.

Suspect you're going to get hit with tomatoes for having the temerity to bring it up though.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:35 AM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
Meh. He wasn't going to get a shot here, and I wasn't terribly impressed with him when he did get some games with the Avs, nor when he played in camp/preseason games. Maybe a new venue will be good for him.

I know nothing about the player the Avs got. Anyone have some insight?

Old
04-03-2013, 09:49 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 900
Morning. Not a shocker to any of you, I know, but Ryan O'Byrne is expecting to get traded at some point today.

Last edited by TwoPadStack: 04-03-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Morning spelling fail.
Old
04-03-2013, 09:59 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Morning. Not a shocker to any of you, I know, but Ryan O'Byrne expecting is to get traded at some point today.
Well...he has gotten quite a bit of flak this year, but overall he was a solid player overall for the Avs. Best of luck to him in the future

Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies. I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife.
Old
04-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Morning. Not a shocker to any of you, I know, but Ryan O'Byrne is expecting to get traded at some point today.
I hope he does well on his new team. I really liked him last season and wanted to keep him around this year, but he's simply been exposed wayyyyy too much this season. For his size, he's not been using it enough to clear the crease or block shots like last year and he's been on the ice for the most goals against on our team this year.

As bad as Zanon is, O'Byrne has been worse. But he has the ability to play like a #4 when used right and when he tries imo.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:45 AM
AslanRH
#RespectTheCliche

vCash: 140
Was really no room for him next year anyway, so I hope ROB goes to a contender. I'll definitely root for him elsewhere.

04-03-2013, 10:49 AM
foppagirl21

Quote:
Well there you go. Wish him the best from us Avs fans on where ever he lands (if he is, in fact, traded).

There are D men I would prefer to see shipped out before him, but what can you do.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 1200
I would say that I wish him good luck wherever he goes, but Detroit is a rumored destination for him. I have a hard time wishing any Redwing good luck.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:10 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Well, many Wings fans want to move Franzen or buy him out.

Old
04-03-2013, 04:20 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Well...at least he knew it was coming. I hope he likes playing for free because it looks like he'll be doing it this playoffs.

Now that I think about it, maybe that's why the AVs aren't good. Their highest paid players don't want to play for free during the playoffs. If the NHL would restructure deals so players are compensated for the playoffs ROR would bring us the Cup for the next 10 years. Just kidding TPS...I love ROR and hope he sticks long term with the AVs...just frustrating to be a fan of this team some days (today more than most.) I'm sure it's even more so for you since you actually know some of these guys and have personal bonds with them. Hope you (and more importantly they) can laugh as well when all is said and done.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Foppa2118

Gillis is such a POS. I never liked Luongo before but he's handled this situation about as best as anyone can ask. Now he takes advantage of Luongo not making a public spectacle by demanding a trade, and basically says Luongo is wrong about his "my contract sucks" comment, by saying his contract wasn't the problem, where Lou wants to go, and the return and players being offered.

Yea, teams don't want to give you the players you want, because his contract sucks. Idiot. Just trade the guy, you didn't really lose much when you traded for him yourself.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:37 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Gillis is such a POS. I never liked Luongo before but he's handled this situation about as best as anyone can ask. Now he takes advantage of Luongo not making a public spectacle by demanding a trade, and basically says Luongo is wrong about his "my contract sucks" comment, by saying his contract wasn't the problem, where Lou wants to go, and the return and players being offered.

Yea, teams don't want to give you the players you want, because his contract sucks. Idiot. Just trade the guy, you didn't really lose much when you traded for him yourself.
What did Gillis say?

Old
04-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
What did Gillis say?
Nothing all that bad, I just mean in general. He was reportedly not happy with Luongo's comments about his contract, and then tried to act once again that wasn't a problem when everyone knows it is. Even throwing into the mix Luongo's limited choice of teams being a problem, but not the contract.

I just think he's taking advantage of Luongo being a class act and not publicly demanding a trade, and making it a distraction. You bring in a guy and then all but say the young guy is the #1. Then publicly flirt with the idea of trading Luongo for like two years. Just move him already. It's not like they gave up much assets to get him, take whatever is available and let him be a #1 somewhere else.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

I think Gillis is a brilliant GM, but he's made a lot of mistakes of late, and he's completely overplayed his hand with Luongo. He needs to lower his demands--if he thinks he's getting a ton of quality assets for a netminder with a ridiculous contract on the wrong side of 30, no matter how good he may be, he's deluding himself. He needs to divest himself of the contract--anything he gets in return for that is just gravy.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Well, time to look ahead to some exciting times for the Avs. Next big hockey aquistion period is the draft!

Didn't add any picks in the draft, so as it is now we have the 1st, and 31st picks. Basically 2 1st rounders.

Cant wait for it. Jones will look lovely in an Avs jersey. Wonder if we'll see us move anyone at the draft?

Closed Thread