HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Before Sunrise & Before Sunset - anyone?

Old
12-29-2012, 05:31 PM
kihei

vCash: 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
It's happening folks.

Before Midnight (2013): We meet Jesse and Celine nine years on in Greece. Almost two decades have passed since their first meeting on that train bound for Vienna.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2209418/
Kind of a risky move, but all things considered I'm glad that they went for it.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Shareefruck

vCash: 500
Strangely enough, it seems like the kind of movie that makes complete sense to keep revisiting every once in a while.

Shareefruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Something tells me they are going to be miserable together in this one.

Chairman Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:52 PM
kihei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
Something tells me they are going to be miserable together in this one.
I fear that a little, but I can't really see it happening. As a title Before Midnight in sequence with the others really suggests closer. I doubt they end one of the best screen romances in film history in a state of misery.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
I fear that a little, but I can't really see it happening. As a title Before Midnight in sequence with the others really suggests closer. I doubt they end one of the best screen romances in film history in a state of misery.
I read a quote by Hawke somewhere where he said he is afraid all the dedicated fans of the series are going to hate Midnight. Though I'm sure actors/writers are always afraid of fans hating their work so that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I may be reading too much into that comment

If they really want to be as authentic as possible, its entirely possible that two people that have spent a total of two days together at the end of Sunset will grow to hate each other once they really spend time/live together. Though the stupid hopeless romantic in me wants them to be together happy forever

Old
12-30-2012, 12:26 PM
kihei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
I read a quote by Hawke somewhere where he said he is afraid all the dedicated fans of the series are going to hate Midnight. Though I'm sure actors/writers are always afraid of fans hating their work so that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I may be reading too much into that comment

If they really want to be as authentic as possible, its entirely possible that two people that have spent a total of two days together at the end of Sunset will grow to hate each other once they really spend time/live together. Though the stupid hopeless romantic in me wants them to be together happy forever
Strange thing for Hawke to say, and it really makes me nervous. If the message of the new movie is, see, they were just another couple with problems in the end that couldn't make it, that will so incredibly piss me off. In that case, the smart thing would have been to not do the third movie at all, just to have left things the way they were at the end of the second film. Romantic relationships do occasionally work out, and if this one doesn't, it is a massive failure of three intelligent, creative artists' imagination.

Old
12-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Quote:
Strange thing for Hawke to say, and it really makes me nervous. If the message of the new movie is, see, they were just another couple with problems in the end that couldn't make it, that will so incredibly piss me off. In that case, the smart thing would have been to not do the third movie at all, just to have left things the way they were at the end of the second film. Romantic relationships do occasionally work out, and if this one doesn't, it is a massive failure of three intelligent, creative artists' imagination.
Here is the article I read. I found it.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index...._midnight_will

Old
01-21-2013, 01:14 AM
SB164

Before Midnight has premiered at the Sundance Film Festival.

Few interesting bits of trivia:

-The film was shot in three weeks in Greece.

-Speaking of Greece, the cinematographer will be Christos Voudouris, who shot Alps.

-The film will run an estimated 108 mins.

It's safe to say that this my most anticipated sequel for this upcoming year. Watching Celine and Jessie again is not unlike revisiting old friends.

http://www.examiner.com/article/befo...-film-festival

The film premiered tonight, so the reviews aren't up yet. But here are some reactions via Twitter:

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2013/0...arring-ethan-h

Last edited by SB164: 01-21-2013 at 01:46 AM.
SB164 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:50 AM
Jevo

From those reactions it seems that Kiheis fears where unfounded, luckily.

Personally I will have to revisit the two previous movies, since I haven't seen them since I was a kid and therefore dismissed them as being about stupid things like love and stuff, when I just wanted to watch Gone in 60 Seconds.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:58 AM
McDeepika

I honestly didn't care for Before Sunrise but it has been a while since I watched it.

I remember liking the premise and thought the dialogue was well written. I just remember something about Ethan Hawke's character really getting on my nerves.

McDeepika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:49 AM
kihei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
From those reactions it seems that Kiheis fears where unfounded, luckily.
It sounds wonderful. I don't know how those comments could have been any more reassuring. Those twitter comments make me want to see it, like, right now, this minute.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:54 AM
Madic

Really have to be in a mellow mood to watch these, but when you are, great movies. I re-watch them every few years, usually when I spot them on TV. Not surprised at all they're going back to the well, seems like a fun shoot.

Madic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Need to see now!

Old
01-21-2013, 06:10 PM
SB164

This is will be the perfect summer film. A screening of Before Midnight followed by dinner and drinks on a terrace in Montreal. I can already picture it.

SB164 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Habsfan22100

I admit I hadn't heard much about these, but I'm intrigued. Will definitely be checking them out soon.

Habsfan22100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Knighthammer

Watched both of them for the first time a few days ago when they aired on the Sony Channel. Love both, but enjoyed Sunrise a bit more.

One thing I really liked was that at the end of Sunrise when they leave each other, we see the places they visited throughout the movie and at the beginning of Sunset we see where they'll be going to. Thought that was a nice touch.

Knighthammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:40 PM
kihei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighthammer View Post
One thing I really liked was that at the end of Sunrise when they leave each other, we see the places they visited throughout the movie and at the beginning of Sunset we see where they'll be going to. Thought that was a nice touch.
God, I loved that move. Because we weren't looking just at the pictures of those places anymore, we were looking at those places filtered through our memory of the characters in those places. Somehow that seemed very rich to me, almost like the associations we generate looking at our own travel photographs.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

Lost Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:07 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

No way, I'm not going to watch any trailers or read anything. This movie's too special for to ruin.

edit: Gotta give Richard Linklater all the credit in the world, the man knows how to craft real humanity out of celluloid.

WhiskeySeven* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Dado

vCash:
I didn't realize there was a third chapter to this story...will hunt this down for sure, absolutely LOVED the first one...possibly the best chick flick of all time...

Old
04-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Jevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
I didn't realize there was a third chapter to this story...will hunt this down for sure, absolutely LOVED the first one...possibly the best chick flick of all time...
I guess we have a different definition of chick flick. But I would define it as a film that portraits a very childish and unrealistic version of love. On the contrary these films seem to show a very mature and some times scarily realistic, although pessimistic version of love.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Philly85
Raps'

She's got (delpy) another series of movies called 2 Days In... first one is Paris, second one is New York. She's a great actress in these types of roles. Looking forward to this movie [Before Midnight] though. These two have awesome chemistry together and for myself, well I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff but I think lots of people secretly - maybe not even - are.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:18 PM
MtlPenFan

I was actually looking for a forum just to talk about the two movies, and when I saw "HF" in the link I nearly fell off my couch. Too bad there's not a bit more discussion about the films, but it's good to know some fellow mouth breathers aren't afraid to admit that they loved those two movies.

I was pretty much the same age as the characters were supposed to be in the movies, so they had an even more profound effect on me, and have had a lot to do with how I look at relationships. I'm not that good at expressing myself, but if those two films are able to do anything, it's express my feelings and beliefs for me.

I'd watched the two so often that I had a lot of the dialogue down pat. My last viewing was in '07 and I've never watched any of them since. Never even really spoke out loud about them just to avoid getting ribbed by friends of mine.

I found out by accident that the third one was coming out soon, so I re-watched them again knowing it would probably be a mistake, because I'm even older now and it kind of reminds me of things I've lost, and even worse, really never had. Kind of a gut punch really, and I hear the third one packs a wallop.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 06:14 PM
kihei

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
I was actually looking for a forum just to talk about the two movies, and when I saw "HF" in the link I nearly fell off my couch. Too bad there's not a bit more discussion about the films, but it's good to know some fellow mouth breathers aren't afraid to admit that they loved those two movies.

I was pretty much the same age as the characters were supposed to be in the movies, so they had an even more profound effect on me, and have had a lot to do with how I look at relationships. I'm not that good at expressing myself, but if those two films are able to do anything, it's express my feelings and beliefs for me.

I'd watched the two so often that I had a lot of the dialogue down pat. My last viewing was in '07 and I've never watched any of them since. Never even really spoke out loud about them just to avoid getting ribbed by friends of mine.

I found out by accident that the third one was coming out soon, so I re-watched them again knowing it would probably be a mistake, because I'm even older now and it kind of reminds me of things I've lost, and even worse, really never had. Kind of a gut punch really, and I hear the third one packs a wallop.
The third one does pack a wallop. But as I said at the close of my review on the movie page, in the end, it feels just as right as the first two. Hope other people get to see it soon and we can discuss thoughts and reactions on this thread.

Old
06-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Jevo

Quote:
The third one does pack a wallop. But as I said at the close of my review on the movie page, in the end, it feels just as right as the first two. Hope other people get to see it soon and we can discuss thoughts and reactions on this thread.
I hope to see it next week, if I am able to find a theatre in Victoria that shows the movie. But that is a big if, as far as I can tell it's not being shown anywhere in that area, sadly.