HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Clowe to NYR for Picks - 2nd, 3rd and Conditional 2014 2nd (Could Turn to 5th)

Old
04-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Arkansas Shark
Rebuild lol

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
According to Capgeek we are at $65.4M and the cap is $70.2M. So we have $4.8M left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
This season? Maybe 1 million at the very most. The players have maybe 2 or 3 pay cheques left in the season.
Good deal.

Arkansas Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:50 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

PollakOnSharks 6:49pm via Web Just talked w/Clowe. Was geography important? "Yeah, it had a little bit to do with it. I wouldn’t say it factored into it too much....(1/2)

PollakOnSharks 6:49pm via Web
"... It was just the opportunity to play in the East and see what happens there. it’ll be a change and probably what I needed." (2/2)

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:51 PM
SFtoBoston
Left-Heart-In-SF

Some of you are acting like Clowe had more value. I disagree. His prime is over. I don't think he will ever be a 20 goal/season player again. We got a good return.

Clowe's last play as a Shark...a terrible penalty in OT against the Coyote's. Fitting for his season this year.

We have a ton of picks now and we have dumped all our pending UFA's with salaries in the millions.

Good move.

SFtoBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:52 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

PollakOnSharks 6:51pm via Web Clowe on leaving #SJSharks: "Expectations are high for the team and me as a player. When that doesn’t happen . . .(1/2)

PollakOnSharks 6:51pm via Web
"...It’s 'what have you done for me lately?' That’s just how it is." (2/2)

Old
04-02-2013, 09:56 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!

Can't blame Clowe if that's what he felt (and he's right). That's the problem with athletes on twitter and checking the news. He should take the Jumbo approach to those things.

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
slocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Rickety Cricket

Oh god, he's going to ****ing package some of the picks for ovechkin.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

I've got to say that I'm glad this is all over. I spent too much time refreshing the page and twitter today.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Linkster
Rebuildt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffSydes View Post

Gotta help DW translate these 2 sentences into German: "Listen, 10th place in the East of the OHL is like 1st in the South of the AHL. It's where I got Pickles, damn it!"

Linkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Linkster
Rebuildt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
Oh god, he's going to ****ing package some of the picks for ovechkin.
Does he play for the 67's?

Linkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Jumpavleau

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Thornton C and A
Then he wears both at the same time, AC, because he's so cool.

Jumpavleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Iron Chef

Apparently Clowe will play tomorrow. That means he's facing Murray and the Penguins. Oh and its nationally televised.

!!!

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:30 PM
rangerssharks414

Liking what Doug Wilson is up to in SJ. Trading guys that don't fit into future, stockpiling picks, SJS still have enough to make playoffs.

https://twitter.com/drosennhl/status/319275117861535745

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

At first I was disappointed because expectations were raised due to rumors. I also would have preferred a younger prospect that could step in this season.

After some time to digest, I'm ok with it. I'm glad Clowe went out east and hopefully stays out east. If some picks are traded tomorrow for the younger NHL ready prospect, fantastic. If they are held on to and used to either move up at the draft or used to actually draft players, fantastic. Either way, the cupboard is going to be filled a lot sooner. The team gets faster by subtraction (all players traded) and gets value for players that don't fit in long term.

Hopefully, the team stays on its roll and we see what happens in the playoffs. After that, we'll have plenty to discuss with all the draft picks.

Splitbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:51 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

PollakOnSharks 8:41pm via Web Clowe heading to NYC on red-eye, says he's not sure if he's playing Wednesday night. If he does, he'll be facing PIT & Douglas Murray.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:00 AM
rangerssharks414

Tomorrow's PIT/NYR game is on NBCSN for those who didn't know. Who knows if Clowe will play or not.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
Apparently Clowe will play tomorrow. That means he's facing Murray and the Penguins. Oh and its nationally televised.

!!!
will be fun. Rags need the points. Pens probably want to make up for tonight.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:17 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/...cks-in-return/
Immediate post-trade blog

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/...er-as-a-shark/
Evening blog

Old
04-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

Come on Clowe. You got Fleury tomorrow. Great opportunity to pot some goals and get Sather to re-sign you so we get a 2nd.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:00 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Rangers fan here..I come in peace (I've actually posted here before as the Sharks are my West Coast team I root for and have in some ways been a Rangers Embassy since 1991-92. Got to go to a game at the Shark Tank...marvelous building).

Clowe's been one of my favorite players in the NHL the last few years. Even though he's a tier two power forward I'm a little worried because he's at the age that those guys tend to start declining (Clark Gillies, Tim Kerr, Adam Graves, John LeClair, etc.) I think y'all got a nice return even a little too much for him but enjoy the picks and use them well.

I hope Clowe can do some good board work and knock a couple in off rebounds, plus set up some guys. Hopefully he takes care of anyone messing with Henrik. I'm happy we got a Shark on the squad and even if he doesn't score 20 or hit 40 points for the Rangers if they resign him, as long as he can control the puck and stick up for his teammates, it's a solid deal.

And can't wait for Nieto to turn pro for you gang. He looks like he's gonna be a fun player and fan favorite.

Update; wow I just saw you signed him. I'll look for him when I see the Whale play Worcester next season.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:06 AM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Rangers fan here..I come in peace (I've actually posted here before as the Sharks are my West Coast team I root for and have in some ways been a Rangers Embassy since 1991-92. Got to go to a game at the Shark Tank...marvelous building).

Clowe's been one of my favorite players in the NHL the last few years. Even though he's a tier two power forward I'm a little worried because he's at the age that those guys tend to start declining (Clark Gillies, Tim Kerr, Adam Graves, John LeClair, etc.) I think y'all got a nice return even a little too much for him but enjoy the picks and use them well.

I hope Clowe can do some good board work and knock a couple in off rebounds, plus set up some guys. Hopefully he takes care of anyone messing with Henrik. I'm happy we got a Shark on the squad and even if he doesn't score 20 or hit 40 points for the Rangers if they resign him, as long as he can control the puck and stick up for his teammates, it's a solid deal.

And can't wait for Nieto to turn pro for you gang. He looks like he's gonna be a fun player and fan favorite.

Update; wow I just saw you signed him. I'll look for him when I see the Whale play Worcester next season.
There's no way he doesn't hit forty points if he's healthy, which he probably will be. Twenty goals I'm not so sure on but if I had to bet, I'd bet on him hitting 20. He'll certainly hit fourty points. He'd be on a 23 goal pace this year if he was shooting at his normal shooting percentage. Keep that in mind.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:07 AM
ChubbChubby
My life is a gym

If all you expect out of Clowe is for him to win board plays and play physical and for his teammates, then you'll get that and more. He was injured to start the season and I was worried about his long-term productivity too, but he was finally healthy for the last few games and looked as good as ever.

ChubbChubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:21 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Thanks for the input everyone. I don't doubt Clowe will contribute and be effective it's just how effective. I know he's been injured this year but sometimes those power forwards begin to break down in their early 30s from the physical game.

One instance that might bring some nostalgia to Sharks fans was in the 1991 Expansion Draft when San Jose selected Tim Kerr and the Rangers traded Brian Mullen for him. Kerr was 31 going on 32 at the time and was basically finished.

I also remember watching Graves here have a decline that kind of just happen overnight and then he was traded to San Jose.

Hopefully he can keep it going and be vintage Clowe. He's gonna get right into it battling Murray and Orpik tomorrow night and then Phaneuf in a few games.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:29 AM
ChubbChubby
My life is a gym

He'd have a longer career if he stopped fighting 4th liners and third pairing defensemen, that's for sure. He'd always fight them at the worst times too and I always hated how selfish it was.

ChubbChubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:29 AM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post

!!!
If Clowe checks Murray hard into the boards and they get in a fight, who would you guys root for?

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
If Clowe checks Murray hard into the boards and they get in a fight, who would you guys root for?
I root for them both to laugh and hug it out then do a double clothesline on Cooke WWE style.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote