HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nazem Kadri Discussion #2 - 21st. in NHL Scoring, (77 point pace) Mod Warning #402

Old
03-31-2013, 07:26 PM
SidKadri*

vCash: 500
He draws the most penalties in the NHL... He leads the Leafs in penalties scored (5) and yet he is not even on the 1st penalty unit!!! I can't imagine how much more points he would have if he was playing 1st line

SidKadri* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:27 PM
MoeMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Never thought I would see this day, brings a tear to my eye
Me neither! Wow never thought I'de see the day, Kadri has made a believer out if his biggest critic ever.

Last edited by ULF_55: 03-31-2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: enough with the hater talk.
MoeMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Canada4Gold

Don't get this post wrong. I don't think it will happen, it's just an extremely optimistic thought that crossed my mind. Just curious if anyone else has thought about it.

Now that Crosby is probably out for the year has anyone thought that if Kadri goes on an insane scoring streak that he could win the Art Ross?

He's 17 points behind Crosby. It's possible that he scores at 1.5 PPG over 12 games to pass Crosby. Stamkos is currently at 2nd, 7 points ahead of Kadri with 2 games in hand. Chances are Kadri doesn't pass him, but Kunitz doesn't have Crosby anymore, if Tampa goes cold St. Louis and Stamkos don't score much. Kane is only 3 ahead of Kadri.

It's a very very long shot, but how incredibly insane would that be? Has anyone won the Art Ross their first full year in the league?

Canada4Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold View Post
Don't get this post wrong. I don't think it will happen, it's just an extremely optimistic thought that crossed my mind. Just curious if anyone else has thought about it.

Now that Crosby is probably out for the year has anyone thought that if Kadri goes on an insane scoring streak that he could win the Art Ross?

He's 17 points behind Crosby. It's possible that he scores at 1.5 PPG over 12 games to pass Crosby. Stamkos is currently at 2nd, 7 points ahead of Kadri with 2 games in hand. Chances are Kadri doesn't pass him, but Kunitz doesn't have Crosby anymore, if Tampa goes cold St. Louis and Stamkos don't score much. Kane is only 3 ahead of Kadri.

It's a very very long shot, but how incredibly insane would that be? Has anyone won the Art Ross their first full year in the league?
Just not possible. MSL and Stamkos are just too good to let that happen. It would be great to see that though.

I think Kadri is going to finish the season with a bang...Top 10 hart voting for sure.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:50 PM
Count Von Grabo*

Quote:

That never even entered my mind lol.

I would give him like a 5% chance. And that might even be too high.

Regardless if he does or not, I can't remember being this happy with a Leafs player. I basically expected Mats to put up ppg or over numbers. But this has been a total shock to me.

Count Von Grabo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:06 PM
SidKadri*

Why Naz is great

What makes Nazem Kadri so great?

I'll tell you what. It starts with defense. He literally sacrifices his body to prevent the other team's player from shooting it. It starts with plays like that. Pause the video at the 10 second mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0A1KWTJYJ0

That is Kadri diving for the puck. Then at the other end he earns a goal. Good offense starts with good defense, and I think Kadri has improved mostly in that area which now make him a complete player.

Keep the kid humble, but don't take away his confidence -- and you got yourself a very special player.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:14 PM
blueNwhite89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
And I thought he was born in London.

When did he immigrate to Canada?

Hopefully he pursues citizenship so that he can stay here and raise a good Canadian family.
Corny.

blueNwhite89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:16 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Quote:

I don't even think this thought has crossed through Nazem Kadri's mind. He is already 7 points behind one of the most consistent point producers and goal scorers in the league in Steven Stamkos who plays on the #3 offense in the league.

There is absolutely no way that Kadri passes Stamkos in points or goals this season.

Would be a ridiculous story though. I'd be impressed if he was even able to match Sidney Crosby's league leading 56pts after 48gp. That's a 95pt pace over that span of games.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:21 PM
leafstilldeath
#BlowItUp #PlayKids

I got two words...oops correction...I got two vids for ya...

and

leafstilldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:28 PM
Rude Dog

No denying Kadri has been great. But we're talking about 36 games. I have a hard time giving him 5 million based on that. I think a Subban type of contract for 2 - 3 years makes sense. Make him earn Lupul money. The Leafs still hold the cards. 12 million for 3 years is fair for both sides imo. At this point, it's hard to know what Kadri is for sure. Can he maintain this pace ? I hope so, but I worry that he is going to be injury prone given his fiesty style and size.

Edit: oops...thought this was the Kadri contract extension thread.

Rude Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:38 AM
MoeMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafstilldeath View Post
I got two words...oops correction...I got two vids for ya...

and

Kadris the best player in the world and his pecker can get tended to by any girl in the city

MoeMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Raging Bull

Here's a great Kadri stat, look what he does to divisional opponents in his career:

VS Boston 7 pts in 8 games, +4
VS Buffalo 8 pts in 9 games, +3
VS Ottawa 7 points in 6 games, +4
VS Montreal 2 points in 8 games, -2

Really steps in up, obviously except Montreal so far.

Stats might be a little skewed because we play mostly divisional games this season, and it's the first real season for Kadri.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:14 AM
headwire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidKadri View Post
What makes Nazem Kadri so great?

I'll tell you what. It starts with defense. He literally sacrifices his body to prevent the other team's player from shooting it. It starts with plays like that. Pause the video at the 10 second mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0A1KWTJYJ0

That is Kadri diving for the puck. Then at the other end he earns a goal. Good offense starts with good defense, and I think Kadri has improved mostly in that area which now make him a complete player.

Keep the kid humble, but don't take away his confidence -- and you got yourself a very special player.
While it's great to see two Leafs players sacrificing their bodies to block shots in that video. What still stands out the most to me in that sequence is the play of Kulemin. That is one hell of a shift.

"Along for the ride" indeed.

headwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:17 PM
bleedingblue1

I said 3 years ago Kadri will be Leafs leader soon and people wanted me banned. How sweet it is when you are right.

Last edited by bleedingblue1: 04-01-2013 at 12:25 PM.
bleedingblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:54 PM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingblue1 View Post
I said 3 years ago Kadri will be Leafs leader soon and people wanted me banned. How sweet it is when you are right.
lmao somehow this doesn't ring true. Also, 3 years = soon?

Congrats.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Koolboss

NHL.com's Three Stars
2012-2013 Regular Season

Team Player Stats Points # 1st Stars

Nazem Kadri G: 17 A: 22 P: 39 80 2
Chris Kunitz G: 20 A: 24 P: 44 80 2
Kari Lehtonen W: 12 SO: 1 S%: .919 80 2
Thomas Vanek G: 16 A: 17 P: 33 80 2
Pekka Rinne W: 13 SO: 5 S%: .910 80 1
Jiri Tlusty G: 14 A: 9 P: 23 70 1
Sidney Crosby G: 15 A: 41 P: 56 70 0

Koolboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:54 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

@markhmasters: Nonis on Cherry's Kadri kiss: 'As long as Don doesn't kiss me, he can do whatever he wants'

haha, nonis is a classic

mikebel111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:58 PM
leafstilldeath
#BlowItUp #PlayKids

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
@markhmasters: Nonis on Cherry's Kadri kiss: 'As long as Don doesn't kiss me, he can do whatever he wants'

haha, nonis is a classic

Thats a beauty

leafstilldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:37 PM
SidKadri*

Ryan Nugent Hopkins vs Nazem Kadri

I think this is a better discussion than the Subban one.

I've seen threads before comparing RNH to Kadri and there were people saying that Kadri isn't even close to this guy and there shouldn't be comparisons made. They said in a few years RHN will be the next great center? I don't see it that way, but is this true?

Also, would RHN been better off playing in the minors before given NHL responsibilities or is it better to learn from his mistakes in the NHL (*ahem* how Kadri was not treated at 19)...

Just some thoughts.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:38 PM
Optimus Reim
Leafs and Bolts fan

vCash: 850
You can't fairly compare a 22 yo to a 19 yo.

Optimus Reim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:55 PM
HeroNtF

Hahaha that sense fan was losing his **** at kadri.... Should have know it was wilson !

HeroNtF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Borjes Baumingdyk
OurFanbaseIsTheEnemy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxvK4g11Bpw

Borjes Baumingdyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:26 PM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmythesMinions View Post
lol that's not bad. Even better that it was made by a Sens fan.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:05 AM
Kesselology
License to Phil

based on from what I've seen this season I'm pretty sure Kadri is the greatest hockey player of all time

Kesselology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 03:07 AM
SidKadri*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo2626 View Post
based on from what I've seen this season I'm pretty sure Kadri is the greatest hockey player of all time
I hope you're being sarcastic.

The kid has got a lot to prove. I think he can play better. I hope he gets the opportunity to play 1st line Centre. I think he can be more productive.

12 games remaining in the season. If he can get 2 more hatricks; lets nominate him for the Hart.