HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Chris Neil vs Frazer McLaren fight Mar 30 2013

Old
04-01-2013, 09:41 AM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renner View Post
The guy dove...checked a guy from behind then mouthed off. Pretty sure we shouldnt ever use kaleta as an example of anything.

It actually does not happen. When a guy already has a fight...the other enforcer asks if he wants to go..they dont just start throwing them out of nowhere.

If Orr has done this...then its ridiculous..if Engelland has done it..its BS. etc etc

My main problem with Neil is watching him avoid guys look Orr and Brown on a shift sometimes and when they go off ..he goes after Luke Schenn...a guy is probably one of the worst fighters in the league.

Then I catch the game last night and he starts throwing bombs at McLaren pretty much out of no where.

I keep seeing sens fans saying Neil chased him all over the ice and Mclaren was running away every single time. Can someone provide a video to this? I watched it and I only saw them chatting a couple times but please feel free to prove me wrong.

I didnt think Mclaren ran from guys but since sens fans are saying it..Id like to see some proof
On the breakout Neil is shadowing McLaren the wholetime,even bumps him a few times. McLaren knows what that means and he knows what Neil is gonna do when he goes to the front of the net. Stop predtending McLaren was oblivious to the whole situation.

The Latvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:32 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Neil will fight anyone. But, he also has no problem picking his fights too. Going after a kid like Luke Schenn, who was clearly overmatched isn't the most respectable move, for example.
Schenn isnt a little kitten. Hes a rough player whose had his fair share of fights and actually initiated that fight with Neil in front of the bench. Leaf fans always bring that up as him picking his spots when first he didnt even pick that spot really and secondly Schenn was the one who intentionally got in his way. Neil's what, 6 feet tall? Its not OK for him to fight Orr or McLaren every challenge he gets basically (what it seems like some are saying, not necessarily you) but thats going up a weight class for him big time. But for some reason it isnt a respectable move to fight Schenn. Why shouldnt Schenn have to step up a weight class for the way he plays every now and then? (And Schenn is a lot bigger than Neil)

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Renner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Latvian View Post
On the breakout Neil is shadowing McLaren the wholetime,even bumps him a few times. McLaren knows what that means and he knows what Neil is gonna do when he goes to the front of the net. Stop predtending McLaren was oblivious to the whole situation.
so no video then?

shocking

Renner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Renner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaSenators11 View Post
You can say that about every fighter though.. When Ottawa faced BOS last week Kassian challenged Lucic right off the faceoff, and guess what Lucic said no thanks! Does that make Lucic afraid of him?

Not all the time is a fighter going to accept a challenge.

Stop singling out one fighter because you don't like him.
Was this on PP or when Lucic might have been told not to fight. I dont see Lucic turning down a fight with kaleta unless there was good reason not to. Kaleta is an idiot

Old
04-01-2013, 03:55 PM
H2ODP

vCash: 177
Quote:
so no video then?

shocking
Go load up gamecenter and watch the shift leading to the scrum, it's there and everyone saw Neil chasing McLaren that entire shift.

Quote:
Was this on PP or when Lucic might have been told not to fight. I dont see Lucic turning down a fight with kaleta unless there was good reason not to. Kaleta is an idiot
What are you talking about? Kassian was being discussed not Kaleta..

H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:38 PM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Neil will fight anyone. But, he also has no problem picking his fights too. Going after a kid like Luke Schenn, who was clearly overmatched isn't the most respectable move, for example.
He also had no problem dropping the gloves with grabo last year

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Erik Alfredsson
Beast Mode Cowboy!

Nice McLaren the dink punches Neil when there are two refs in between them, he had plenty of time to drop em before that, and then turtles when Neil got a hold of him.

Erik Alfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:41 PM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
He also had no problem dropping the gloves with grabo last year
i will add grabo did kind of initiate it but still most tough guys would just face wash or push the guy really hard saying ill kill you beat it.

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:04 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Alfredsson View Post
Nice McLaren the dink punches Neil when there are two refs in between them, he had plenty of time to drop em before that, and then turtles when Neil got a hold of him.

He turtled for Neil, but didn't when he dominated "The best fighter to ever lace up the skates!"

failed logic. Moving on.

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:42 AM
Magnifique

vCash: 50
Quote:
I havent been a member here for very long and I love fighting in hockey. Since ive been here I see sens fans acting very off. I notice them making things up and trying to make things better than they seem. Maybe its because they hate getting beat by the leafs because all those playoff defeats or maybe just because its a rivalry. I dont really care either way its just something I notice. its very silly anyways.

There is a difference between what Neil did and what McL did. McL asked Kassian for a fight and Kassian said yes.

Neil did not ask for a fight...he threw his gloves off and threw punches over a ref.

I fully expect 100% Neil to innitiate a fight with McLaren next time they play. Im really hoping McLaren doesnt have to go after him...since Neil seemed so pissed and angry with McLaren while refs were around...that should be carried over to the next game.

With Kassian joining the Sens its going to be a lot of fun games to watch. I think Orr and Kassian will be the next Orr and Carkner fights where there was at least one fight every game
Wrong. Neil was trying to fight him that entire shift from one end to the other. Were you watching the same game as the rest of us?

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
He turtled for Neil, but didn't when he dominated "The best fighter to ever lace up the skates!"

failed logic. Moving on.
I don't know why MacLaren turtles with Neil. He had no problems throwing the punches when the ref was in the way, but as soon as Neil got by him and threw a punch MacLaren turtled.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:16 PM
CookieCrumbs*
Heads Up!

Sweet fight..

CookieCrumbs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Phaneuffan3
Beleafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender2.0 View Post
Are you kidding? Neil was chasing McLaren around the ice the entire shift prior to this scrum.
Mclaren also had two open cuts on his face and had already fought kassian. Congrats for chasing him around for the final shift of the game...

Phaneuffan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
I don't know why MacLaren turtles with Neil. He had no problems throwing the punches when the ref was in the way, but as soon as Neil got by him and threw a punch MacLaren turtled.
You think he turtled? It was pretty clear Neil grabbed his jersey with 2 hands and began yanking him down.

Also this was not a fight, because if it was, it is the worst fight of the year. It was a scrum that slightly escalated.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:44 PM
H2ODP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Trollmarov View Post
You think he turtled? It was pretty clear Neil grabbed his jersey with 2 hands and began yanking him down.

Also this was not a fight, because if it was, it is the worst fight of the year. It was a scrum that slightly escalated.
Pretty much agree as a Sens fan..

Old
04-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Renner*

Quote:
lol are you suggesting McLaren is scared to fight Neil unless refs are between them? You do know he has beat Scott and Kassian this year right but now hes scared of Neil? And you do notice from that clip at the whistle Neil throws him into the boards and throws a punch when the refs are there and then McLaren throws over the top of the refs.

Really..can we stop with this insane type of posting? its really outrageous. Not a single person on this plant will ever believe McLaren is scared of Neil.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:26 PM
H2ODP

None of McLaren/Orr/Neil/Kassian is afraid of the other, fans of both sides need to quit claiming the contrary.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Erik Alfredsson
Beast Mode Cowboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Trollmarov View Post

Well McLaren is 6'5 so he should be able to handle Neil pulling on him. And then after Neil pulls him away from the scrum when McLaren gets up first, and he has a ref in between them, that's when he starts yanking on Neils helmet.

Erik Alfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:49 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Well McLaren is 6'5 so he should be able to handle Neil pulling on him. And then after Neil pulls him away from the scrum when McLaren gets up first, and he has a ref in between them, that's when he starts yanking on Neils helmet.
You had Neil and the ref pulling McLaren... To suggest a guy that fought the far tougher fighter on ott, Scott twice this year, westgarth twice this year etc. was scared to fight Neil is ridiculous

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:42 PM
bud12

the rivalry is coming back.......good for the battle of Ontario

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:
In order to avoid infractions I will just say you are out to lunch and have no clue what you are talking about.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
None of McLaren/Orr/Neil/Kassian is afraid of the other, fans of both sides need to quit claiming the contrary.
This!

None of those guys are afraid to be hit or lose a fight.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:43 AM
Renner*

Quote:
This is really nutty posting lol.

First of all...just because he is 6"5 means nothing at all. Second Neil isnt some wimp. Third McLaren has never even thought about being intimidated by anyone. Fourth...It was a scrum..he didnt wait for refs...it just happened that way.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Schenn isnt a little kitten. Hes a rough player whose had his fair share of fights and actually initiated that fight with Neil in front of the bench. Leaf fans always bring that up as him picking his spots when first he didnt even pick that spot really and secondly Schenn was the one who intentionally got in his way. Neil's what, 6 feet tall? Its not OK for him to fight Orr or McLaren every challenge he gets basically (what it seems like some are saying, not necessarily you) but thats going up a weight class for him big time. But for some reason it isnt a respectable move to fight Schenn. Why shouldnt Schenn have to step up a weight class for the way he plays every now and then? (And Schenn is a lot bigger than Neil)
Luke is clearly not a fighter. Neil went after him constantly when there were other legit guys on the Leafs he could have gone after. If Orr went after a 20 year old Senator who's not really a fighter I'd say the same thing about Orr. Neil is also much bigger than people, usually Sens fans, give him credit for. Some make it seem like this guy is stepping up 2 weigh classes when in reality, a guy like Orr is is 6'3 220lbs and Neil is 6'1 215 lbs. So I don't buy that one bit. If a guy like Schenn goes after Neil, which IIRC, he did once, thats on Schenn. The problem I have is when Neil goes after guys, kids, like Schenn. I think you know there's a big difference between being big and being big AND tough. Schenn throws hits, not fists.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:54 AM
H2ODP

Quote:
Luke is clearly not a fighter. Neil went after him constantly when there were other legit guys on the Leafs he could have gone after. If Orr went after a 20 year old Senator who's not really a fighter I'd say the same thing about Orr. Neil is also much bigger than people, usually Sens fans, give him credit for. Some make it seem like this guy is stepping up 2 weigh classes when in reality, a guy like Orr is is 6'3 220lbs and Neil is 6'1 215 lbs. So I don't buy that one bit. If a guy like Schenn goes after Neil, which IIRC, he did once, thats on Schenn. The problem I have is when Neil goes after guys, kids, like Schenn. I think you know there's a big difference between being big and being big AND tough. Schenn throws hits, not fists.
It's no different than McLaren asking David Dziurzynski to fight, which I don't mind at all. Schenn isn't soft he can handle a fight..