HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[EDIT] Bob Murray needs to do something.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
...and no one ever noticed that bootsbidet and enok were never in the same room together.

Murray HAS done something. He built the league's 3rd best team, which was the second best team before it lost 4 in a row and Pittsburgh won FIFTEEN.

I don't think they're a contender this year because I don't like their response to physical shutdown teams, which makes pretty much every bottom seed a landmine for us. But I don't think they're that way because Murray didn't do anything.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:09 PM
DaDucks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
This is either the most awesome troll thread in Ducks board history, or the largest embarrassment thread in Ducks board history. I honestly don't know which.
Either give us some names the ducks can acquire or get the hell out lol.
I don't care if u make up a player..

Speaking of making up players: back in 1995-96 the first NHL video game u could create player, I once created center Cody Starburst. He had it all, fantastic hands, could take the body, and snipe from just about everywhere in the offensive zone.. Too bad he isn't real, the ducks could really use him. Finished his career in Florida and I hear he still resides in the Orlando area with his wife and two kids...

DaDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:21 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
...and no one ever noticed that bootsbidet and enok were never in the same room together.

Murray HAS done something. He built the league's 3rd best team, which was the second best team before it lost 4 in a row and Pittsburgh won FIFTEEN.
Finally, another person with common sense around here.

Quote:
I don't think they're a contender this year because I don't like their response to physical shutdown teams, which makes pretty much every bottom seed a landmine for us. But I don't think they're that way because Murray didn't do anything.
There's definitely room to upgrade, but at the same time, we don't know what people are asking for regarding any inquiries we've made. People, you can't just assume that the Stars wanted a 2nd and a mediocre prospect from us for Roy. Same goes for anyone that you really wanted but we didn't/don't end up with.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Title of this thread should not have been changed.

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:13 AM
IDuck

i think BM makes a minor deal tomorrow, nothing crazy though..

IDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
This is either the most awesome troll thread in Ducks board history, or the largest embarrassment thread in Ducks board history. I honestly don't know which.
Well, at least we're making history either way. Maybe Hazy will have time to talk about us during the next game?

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:55 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksTalk View Post
You're the only homer. You think Goc is a #2 center. You'd trade Sbisa for a rental. Want me to keep going?

Do you remember our deadline additions when we won the cup?

Murray wants to improve the team, but he's not going to overpay.
That team had far fewer flaws than this one. that team had 3 excellent lines, 2 excellent D pairs, 2 outstanding goalies, it's only weaknesses were the bottom D pair, and to a lesser extent the 4th line.

this team has weaknesses at center, and defense. let's put it this way, this roster is not getting to the SCF unless RPG plays out of their minds AND we get sensational goaltending. the secondary scoring lately has dried up and i'd much prefer not to break up the 3rd line anymore.

The price on Derek Roy was cheap, Murray flatout missed the boat. a 2nd and a B/C level prospect, Vancouver got him for relatively little, heck Jagr went for relatively little. Bob loves to dumpster dive in trades usually, if we don't get a top 2 line center, or a top 4 D this team is going nowhere in the playoffs, 2nd round at best

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:00 AM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
That team had far fewer flaws than this one. that team had 3 excellent lines, 2 excellent D pairs, 2 outstanding goalies, it's only weaknesses were the bottom D pair, and to a lesser extent the 4th line.

this team has weaknesses at center, and defense. let's put it this way, this roster is not getting to the SCF unless RPG plays out of their minds AND we get sensational goaltending. the secondary scoring lately has dried up and i'd much prefer not to break up the 3rd line anymore.

The price on Derek Roy was cheap, Murray flatout missed the boat. a 2nd and a B/C level prospect, Vancouver got him for relatively little, heck Jagr went for relatively little. Bob loves to dumpster dive in trades usually, if we don't get a top 2 line center, or a top 4 D this team is going nowhere in the playoffs, 2nd round at best
meh. don't really want one unless they're young and established. we aren't a cup contender yet so I'd rather not go out and get a rental

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:04 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
meh. don't really want one unless they're young and established. we aren't a cup contender yet so I'd rather not go out and get a rental
but if one of the holes was addressed this team could be a cup contender, anyone who makes it has a chance, an 8 seed played a 6 seed last SCF

Old
04-03-2013, 02:07 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:

So? Maybe we're not a contender at the moment. Chasing after rentals doesn't necessarily make us one if we aren't. We have a ton of young players. I see this playoff run as the one where we break them in. A rental trade has to make sense for us, and robbing those players of opportunities doesn't do that.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:16 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:

Your credibility goes right out the window when you say something like the bolded. You act as if Bob could of made whatever deal you deem acceptable and he just chose not to. You have no idea why we did not get Roy. None whatsoever.

Why do people continue to insist that if their favorite trade doesn't happen that BM sucks because he could have made it happen????

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:23 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Your credibility goes right out the window when you say something like the bolded. You act as if Bob could of made whatever deal you deem acceptable and he just chose not to. You have no idea why we did not get Roy. None whatsoever.

Why do people continue to insist that if their favorite trade doesn't happen that BM sucks because he could have made it happen????
How does that discredit me?
Vancouver got Roy for very little, that is a fact, the Ducks have the assets to beat a deal like this, that is another fact. With the Stars pretty much throwing in the towel why would it matter if the teams are in the same division at that point?

If Murray can address the center situation by tomorrow I will gladly eat crow but we are not going to win anything without any production from the 2nd line

Old
04-03-2013, 02:24 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
So? Maybe we're not a contender at the moment. Chasing after rentals doesn't necessarily make us one if we aren't. We have a ton of young players. I see this playoff run as the one where we break them in. A rental trade has to make sense for us, and robbing those players of opportunities doesn't do that.
Addressing a massive hole on the roster could be the difference between a 1st round exit, and winning the West, the teams in this conference are that close, regardless of records

Old
04-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart View Post
Title of this thread should not have been changed.
People are drinking and Harlem shakin. This thread has been to a BM issue to a roster / trade discussion. Merge it please. Thanks mods

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:31 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:

This is the harsh truth of our situation. Nice post

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:45 AM
bootsgaudet

Quote:
Addressing a massive hole on the roster could be the difference between a 1st round exit, and winning the West, the teams in this conference are that close, regardless of records
This point exactly, there is no way why we wouldn't put our selves in a position to have a long and deep playoff run, rather then just to give players experience. Selanne doesn't choose to keep playing to have a great season then not expect to win the playoff's. We have achieved success this year, we are in a bit of funk, its clear there are some holes, sure we could let them go, but they need to be filled at the very least by cheap stop gap type players if we cant get what truly would work.

Push deep in the playoffs, we wont look like flukes, we'll attract top market players and retain them. A WCF final, ryan would be more tempted to sign an extention when he can in a season or two. With Getz and perry at 8.7 contracts, we need players to ask for modest contracts, we have that dynamic already but everyone is thinking anyone we get would be a rental.

Anaheim is a smaller market, but one full of great prospects, top tier talented forwards, warm climate, and the perfect media outlet. BM is a bad trader (steckel was all burke and Bruce B.) He's lost almost every trade he made by himself, or he just flat out misses the boat on the usual. BM and the ducks have a great scouting staff it seems, as they have drafted well. Regardless, the teams in playoff and stanley cup contention, all relevant ones have in the last week made additions enhancing there depth and top 6's. We cant not do nothing, we need to keep in line with these other teams. Its not a trade to make a trade, its a trade to keep competitive with other quality teams.

bootsgaudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:48 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
There's no guarantee of that.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:49 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
How does that discredit me?
Vancouver got Roy for very little, that is a fact, the Ducks have the assets to beat a deal like this, that is another fact. With the Stars pretty much throwing in the towel why would it matter if the teams are in the same division at that point?

If Murray can address the center situation by tomorrow I will gladly eat crow but we are not going to win anything without any production from the 2nd line
Which asset is that?

Old
04-03-2013, 02:51 AM
AngelDuck

At some point, Murray has to try to make the team better. He's good at doing that through the draft, but I think it's time to trade for an impact player that can help an already good core.

Having said that, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I see what gets done tomorrow.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:55 AM
bootsgaudet

Quote:
Which asset is that?
Smith pelly... we can shed him for him a 2c any time... he's a nice piece to a lot of teams. and in a cancuk deal better than the dman they gave up .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
At some point, Murray has to try to make the team better. He's good at doing that through the draft, but I think it's time to trade for an impact player that can help an already good core.

Having said that, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I see what gets done tomorrow.

I agree all this is pre mature since he has time to do somthing, but he misses the boat usually, and i'm anticipating the same thing again from him.

The boys playing great this year , which i attribute more to the coaching style and how its changed the players.

BM needs to do somthing modest or significant, he cant let this slip away.

bootsgaudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:56 AM
Exit Dose

Bob Murray, all you did this year was sign our two franchise players long term, signed some great free agents, had past acquisitions like Cogs and Koivu pay off, and had some of your draft picks pay off. When are you finally going to do something to help this team?

Old
04-03-2013, 02:57 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Bob Murray, all you did this year was sign our two franchise players long term, signed some great free agents, had past acquisitions like Cogs and Koivu pay off, and had some of your draft picks pay off. When are you finally going to do something to help this team?
Having the same need for 5 years is soooo much fun bro

Old
04-03-2013, 02:57 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsgaudet View Post
Smith pelly... we can shed him for him a 2c any time... he's a nice piece to a lot of teams.
Yes he is a nice piece to a lot of teams...like ours.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:59 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Having the same need for 5 years is soooo much fun bro
And we have multiple solutions to that problem. Though you may have to wait till next year to enjoy that fully. It's just going to require a shred of patience.

Old
04-03-2013, 03:04 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
There's no guarantee of that.
Of course not anything *can* happen but the teams in the west are to good, they will put everything into slowing down the RPG line, then it will come down to can we get enough secondary scoring? lately it hasn't been happening often