HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brooklyn/Barclay Center Visitor Info

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-13-2013, 06:14 PM
  #1
Pilatus
Registered User
 
Pilatus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 269
vCash: 500
Brooklyn/Barclay Center Visitor Info

Owners are from Chicago so they are die hard hawks fans but still, its a hockey bar first. They play all the games and 24 tap lines. And not just like bud light, its almost all really good craft beer
Foods good too

Check em out
Windy City Ale House
7915 3rd avenue
Brooklyn, NY
11209
Twitter @windycityalebk

Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:16 PM
  #2
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 15,586
vCash: 500
Brooklyn/Barclay Center Visitor Info

Let's start accumulating Brooklyn info since that will be our new home before we know it.

__________________
Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:52 PM
  #3
DktrFaustus
Registered User
 
DktrFaustus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: brooklyn
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
had someone ask me if they knew any islanders bars in the city last week, but i didn't know of any. will spread the word about this place (even if it isn't strictly an isles bar.) sounds right up my alley!

DktrFaustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:04 PM
  #4
DanNYI2191
Registered User
 
DanNYI2191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Suffolk County
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Any chance they do a preseason game next year at Barclays?

DanNYI2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:47 PM
  #5
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 15,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanNYI2191 View Post
Any chance they do a preseason game next year at Barclays?
Probably won't know till this summer.







ADVISORY: This thread is more for train, food, and other arena information. Kind of like of Nassau FAQ's in the Sticky section.

Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:13 PM
  #6
Bert Marshall days
Registered User
 
Bert Marshall days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,820
vCash: 500
Where to Eat and Drink Around the Barclays Center (With a Map!)



http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2012/0...=twitter_nymag

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:33 PM
  #7
Strummergas
Registered User
 
Strummergas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilatus View Post
Owners are from Chicago so they are die hard hawks fans but still, its a hockey bar first. They play all the games and 24 tap lines. And not just like bud light, its almost all really good craft beer
Foods good too

Check em out
Windy City Ale House
7915 3rd avenue
Brooklyn, NY
11209
Twitter @windycityalebk
Seems like a cool place, but it should be noted that this really isn't close to Barclays.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:34 PM
  #8
Strummergas
Registered User
 
Strummergas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanNYI2191 View Post
Any chance they do a preseason game next year at Barclays?
I'm guessing it's almost a guarantee.

EDIT: And here you go:

https://twitter.com/ChrisBottaNHL/st...70322820276225

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:22 PM
  #9
Pilatus
Registered User
 
Pilatus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
I'm guessing it's almost a guarantee.

EDIT: And here you go:

https://twitter.com/ChrisBottaNHL/st...70322820276225
Its about a fifteen minute train ride and the bar is two blocks from the subway I did it for a nets grizzlies game not bad

Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:43 PM
  #10
Dan-o16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilatus View Post
Its about a fifteen minute train ride and the bar is two blocks from the subway I did it for a nets grizzlies game not bad
That's like going to a bar up at the end of the N/Q in Astoria before going to a Mets game.

Sounds like a possibility for road games. But it's *far* from central.

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:26 AM
  #11
Pilatus
Registered User
 
Pilatus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
That's like going to a bar up at the end of the N/Q in Astoria before going to a Mets game.

Sounds like a possibility for road games. But it's *far* from central.

oh it's definitely not a finish your pint and get in the stadium as the puck drops spot. but come playoffs there will be no other bar in brooklyn that has all 4 games on the tv's at the same time. I guarantee that.

Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:47 AM
  #12
Strummergas
Registered User
 
Strummergas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilatus View Post
oh it's definitely not a finish your pint and get in the stadium as the puck drops spot. but come playoffs there will be no other bar in brooklyn that has all 4 games on the tv's at the same time. I guarantee that.
I can think of at least 3 in my neighborhood alone.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:45 AM
  #13
The Korean*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,635
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
BTW if having a cup holder is important to you you are out of luck for next 25 years. No cup holders, at least in the nose bleed section anyway.

The Korean* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:50 AM
  #14
Strummergas
Registered User
 
Strummergas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy1009 View Post
BTW if having a cup holder is important to you you are out of luck for next 25 years. No cup holders, at least in the nose bleed section anyway.
If cupholders turn out to be a dealbreaker for people to not go to games, we truly do have the worst fanbase in the league.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:59 AM
  #15
The Korean*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,635
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
^haha fair enough, but just a little warning. Its gonna be the same deal as NVMC in that regard.

The Korean* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:59 AM
  #16
Strummergas
Registered User
 
Strummergas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy1009 View Post
^haha fair enough, but just a little warning. Its gonna be the same deal as NVMC in that regard.
As long as the on-ice results improve, I can handle just about anything.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:01 PM
  #17
The Korean*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,635
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
Either that or a new owner. Of course they aren't mutually exclusive.

The Korean* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:53 PM
  #18
edmontonislesfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
Probably won't know till this summer.







ADVISORY: This thread is more for train, food, and other arena information. Kind of like of Nassau FAQ's in the Sticky section.
I'm curious. For those of you who live in or around Uniondale or points east, will it be more convenient/cheaper to drive or take the train to Brooklyn? Perhaps you are doing so now for basketball. Are there monthly train passes available for those working in NYC? Thanks.


Last edited by edmontonislesfan: 04-05-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: two "you"s together in the second sentence of the reply
edmontonislesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:32 AM
  #19
MJF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmontonislesfan View Post
I'm curious. For those of you who live in or around Uniondale or points east, will it be more convenient/cheaper to drive or take the train to Brooklyn? Perhaps you are doing so now for basketball. Are there monthly train passes available for those working in NYC? Thanks.
It should be more convenient (don't know about cheaper) for most to take the train. Driving is not recommended as parking around Barclays is limited.

The Long Island Railroad sells monthly tickets. There are monthly unlimited ride Metrocards available for the subway.

MJF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:29 PM
  #20
edmontonislesfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post
It should be more convenient (don't know about cheaper) for most to take the train. Driving is not recommended as parking around Barclays is limited.

The Long Island Railroad sells monthly tickets. There are monthly unlimited ride Metrocards available for the subway.
Thanks a lot.

edmontonislesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 02:33 AM
  #21
tonytanti18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Just a couple of questions for anyone who is familiar with the area. I will be visiting NY in October to catch an Isles and a Devils game and would like to find accommodation in Williamsburg or close by as I have some friends staying there. Or if there's somewhere else you would recommend I'm all ears!

All recommendations would be greatly appreciated, I've been checking on airbnb and vrbo, as well as the hotels already mentioned here.

Also your favorite hockey hangouts.

TT

tonytanti18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 04:06 AM
  #22
SouthShore91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bay Shore, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmontonislesfan View Post
I'm curious. For those of you who live in or around Uniondale or points east, will it be more convenient/cheaper to drive or take the train to Brooklyn? Perhaps you are doing so now for basketball. Are there monthly train passes available for those working in NYC? Thanks.
Coming from Western Suffolk it will definitely NOT be more convenient or cheaper. 20 bucks for a round trip plus another 30-40 minutes to get to the games will not make anything better. Personally I'll be going to less games for sure.

SouthShore91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 08:50 AM
  #23
Strummergas
Registered User
 
Strummergas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytanti18 View Post
Just a couple of questions for anyone who is familiar with the area. I will be visiting NY in October to catch an Isles and a Devils game and would like to find accommodation in Williamsburg or close by as I have some friends staying there. Or if there's somewhere else you would recommend I'm all ears!

All recommendations would be greatly appreciated, I've been checking on airbnb and vrbo, as well as the hotels already mentioned here.

Also your favorite hockey hangouts.

TT
Will you be renting or have use of a car while you are here? If so, I would recommend either the Holiday Inn or the Comfort Inn in Maspeth, Queens. About a 10 minute drive into Williamsburg and probably cheaper than any of the other places in Williamsburg proper.

Be advised that there are no subways near these locations and I don't think the buses that operate in this area go into Brooklyn. But again, if you're getting a car, they'd be a good option.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 03:38 PM
  #24
tonytanti18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
Will you be renting or have use of a car while you are here? If so, I would recommend either the Holiday Inn or the Comfort Inn in Maspeth, Queens. About a 10 minute drive into Williamsburg and probably cheaper than any of the other places in Williamsburg proper.

Be advised that there are no subways near these locations and I don't think the buses that operate in this area go into Brooklyn. But again, if you're getting a car, they'd be a good option.

Thanks for the advice I'll check that area out. I'd prefer no car as my plans include excessive binge drinking.

Any good hockey hangouts/favourite restaurants in the Williamsburg area. I've been to Grimaldi's before and def wanna hit it up again.


Last edited by tonytanti18: 08-06-2013 at 04:11 PM.
tonytanti18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 03:43 PM
  #25
Strummergas
Registered User
 
Strummergas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytanti18 View Post
Thanks for the advice I'll check that area out. I'd prefer no car as my plans include excessive binge drinking.

Any good hockey hangouts or just favourite/restaurants in the williamsburg area. I've been to Grimaldi's before and def wanna hit it up again.
There's not much in terms of a pure hockey hangout in Williamsburg, but there are some decent places to catch a game. I really like Redd's Tavern on Grand Street. No frills type of joint with a bunch of TV's always tuned to sports.

Supposedly the Red Star on Greenpoint Ave in Greenpoint (next section of Brooklyn over from Williamsburg) is touted as a good hockey bar, but I've never been there.

Keg and Lantern on Nassau Ave (also Greenpoint) is pretty good for sports and especially good for beer if you're looking for more than just the usual cheap **** domestics.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.