HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan DeKeyser Signs with Detroit 2 years 1.35m cap hit

Old
04-01-2013, 11:32 AM
ChadS

vCash: 500
Once they gain experience at the NHL level, Smith and DeKeyser could be a very good D pair because their skill sets complement each other quite well. Both have good size and skating, and together they bring skill at both ends of the ice.

ChadS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:22 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
I think Pronman thought he's our 2nd best D prospect. I'd say around #5 in the entire pool, depending on who counts as a prospect.
Yah, I'd say top5 mostly for his readiness. He's in the second tier of our prospect pool with the likes of Sheahan imo.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:40 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

So they might not even play him? I feel bad for the Kid

Quote:
He said it's possible DeKeyser won't play in any of the remaining 12 games.
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....k_zette_1.html

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:45 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post

I think he could get a game only if we are out of the playoff race, or secured a playoff spot. We need a "needless" game to give him a shot.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:26 AM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:

No. No. No. Don't even start this BS. The kid hasn't even been in the system for an effing week. You aren't allowed to feel sorry for him.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:44 AM
Lark Ness Monster
D-Boss

vCash: 2000
I'm sorry if it's already been posted. When asked if Quincey was playing tomorrow :

Quote:
"Is that what he said?" coach Mike Babcock said. "It'll be a battle. I think (Danny) DeKeyser thinks he's playing Thursday, too, so that's good. I like having too many."

Lark Ness Monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:55 AM
TCNorthstars

Quote:

Why feel bad for him? If he isn't ready, he isn't ready. The Wings are battling for a playoff spot. Do you really think they should throw a fresh rookie on the ice on the back end if they don't have to?

TCNorthstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:30 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

it makes no sense to throw him out there at this point in the season

if at game 48 we have 100% secured a spot or are 100% out of the playoff race then yah throw him out there simply to burn a year off his ELC which I believe was part of the getting him to sign here process anyhow.

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:50 AM
SoupGuru

Geez, the first year the Wings become a middle of the pack team, everyone loses their ****. Sell the team! Everyone over 30 must go! Make an all rookie team! We have to do something!

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Hendricks433

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
Geez, the first year the Wings become a middle of the pack team, everyone loses their ****. Sell the team! Everyone over 30 must go! Make an all rookie team! We have to do something!
I dont think we want them to just sell everybody but we have way too many mediocre bottom 6 guys that are really 4th liners. We've been slowing declining for a few years now and holding on to mediocre players and if we continue to do that then we will be in real trouble. Some of our guys are over ripe as is. We talk about not wanting to get guys who are 30 because theyre on the decline but we are bringing guys up when theyre 25. While our Top 6 guys kind of suck outside of Dats and Z.

Cleary, Sammy, Eaves, Miller, Emmerton, Abdelkader, Tootoo

We only need 3 or 4 of those guys while our Top 6 kinda sucks with an underperforming and lazy Franzen, Flip is redundant and had one good year, Bert is old and hurt, Brunner is young and appears to be a decent 2nd line winger but hit a rookie wall. Z is hurt and getting older.

Ship off all of these depth guys that are pretty easily replaceable. Bring up Tatar and let Tatar, Nyquist, Smith, Kindl, Andersson, Emmerton get some playoff experience. We are going to go out in the first or second round regardless.

So I guess maybe we do need to "blow it up". I'd really prefer we make a big trade for a top young talent with potential and gamble a little bit. Maybe not now but in the offseason maybe.

Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Cyborg Yzerberg
Sitting on a Cloud

vCash: 50
I'd like to see him play at least a game this season. As others have said, Game 48 would be good. Kind of like what we did with Sheahan last year.

Cyborg Yzerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:12 AM
GoAwayDanCleary
DRW Country Club

Quote:
Better than being mediocre.

Hope DD plays this Thursday, I'm excited to see him play.

GoAwayDanCleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Sameheda

All the remaining games are way too important to throw a guy without any NHL experience out on the ice. Last thing we need are more goals into our own net or brain fart turnovers that lead to goals - we get enough of that already.

That being said, I'd like to see him play in game 48.

Sameheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:20 AM
SirloinUB

Unless a promise was made, I dont want to see him playing. If he is not playing, he might as well be in A.

SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:53 PM
Detroit Sports*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirloinUB View Post
Unless a promise was made, I dont want to see him playing. If he is not playing, he might as well be in A.
why you dont want him to play?

Detroit Sports* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:22 AM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Sports View Post
why you dont want him to play?
We're fighting for a playoff spot still and can't let our guard down from someone who hasn't suited up for a professional game yet. The idea that we 'promised' him playing time that isn't earned is scary.

That said, if he is turning heads in practice and Babcock says he's ready then I'm not worried.

kuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Flowah

Quote:
Wat. This is the first year we were middle of the pack? We finished fourth last year, third the year before. Pretty middle of the pack.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:32 AM
obey86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Wat. This is the first year we were middle of the pack? We finished fourth last year, third the year before. Pretty middle of the pack.
2012 - 8th in the NHL in points.
2011 - 6th in the NHL in points.

Middle of the pack? Wouldn't that be somewhere around 15th?

obey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Flowah

Quote:
Originally Posted by obey86 View Post

I guess.

I suppose my measuring stick is different. I really only consider playoff teams. They're the only teams that are of any importance, frankly. Every team every year plays wants to win the Cup, even if they "know" they don't have the pieces.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:18 AM
14ari13

I do not think it's a big deal if DD plays or not. It depends on the situation.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Jax81

Would be surprised if he didn't play. Edmonton was offering him minutes now, likely Detroit did the same.

Jax81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Hendricks433

Quote:
Originally Posted by obey86 View Post

3rd, 4th and now 7th-9th with no signings to improve the team or deadline moves. With no signs of changes for next year. That's a bad decline.

Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:39 AM
cupforwings09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks433 View Post
3rd, 4th and now 7th-9th with no signings to improve the team or deadline moves. With no signs of changes for next year. That's a bad decline.
Thats just not true. Unless you have a source saying this?

cupforwings09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:41 AM
loLZokAY
str8 gonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax81 View Post
Would be surprised if he didn't play. Edmonton was offering him minutes now, likely Detroit did the same.
Detroit didn't have to offer him minutes. Holland simply handed the phone to Danny and Lidstrom was on the other line. Nick sat there and told him how the franchise was committed to their players and winning. He didn't need promised time, he needed his idol to tell him about long-term success rather than immediate ice-time. I would venture to say that they didn't indeed tell him that he had minutes waiting for him. They most likely stated that he had an opportunity to play within Detroit and he would have to earn it. Lidstrom then followed by telling him to develop the right way, let Fischer and Chelios guide you through the light and let you become a better defensive player.

loLZokAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:50 AM
loLZokAY
str8 gonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks433 View Post
Well that's just wrong. Holland himself even stated that the real trades will be happening during the draft, not the trade deadline. I don't get all the Holland hate right now. The guy said that he didn't feel that anything he could've gotten (without selling our future) anything that was better than Helmer or Bert coming back to the lineup. Is there any truth to that? Absolutely. Some fans just want a trade or change for the sake of a trade or change.

Holland WANTS to improve this team, but he's not going to sell off continued-success for the price of 12 game success. Would you rather have a cup right now, or have a shot at getting 10 cups over the next 10 years? Ian White and Filp were not going to get us big impact players, not without top prospects and picks following. They are simply rentals; one being a healthy scratch for numerous games this season and the other never breaking out and coming off of two injuries within 1 season. We didn't want rentals, because we aren't 1 piece away from stanley cup contention. It just wasn't our time, especially in a transition year to be giving out picks in a deep draft class. None the less, but we also can't be just throwing away our centers.

If we don't re-sign filp we lose one top 6 center, and if we lose Pasha next season we lose another top 6 center. Right now the only projected real top 6 center we have is Calle Jarnkrok and he's still 1+ seasons away from even coming within the sysytem. He sure isn't stepping within the top 6 immediately also, so i'll venture to say we don't have a top 6 center in the system for another easy 2-3 years. Riley Sheahan is most likely closer, but he's a projected bottom 6 center with no real hopes of becoming a top 6 center. There's just a lot of things to be considered when looking at this trade deadline and i'm very happy we didn't give up what was being given up. The one person I would've liked was Pominville but his asking price was unreal. It would've equaled out to Mrazek, Jarnkrok, a 1st and 2nd. That's insane, and this board would've flipped a lid if it had happened.

loLZokAY is offline   Reply With Quote