HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2013, 10:22 PM
  #751
bazaaa*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,664
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
ANOTHER shutout for Hellebuyck. First time the riverhawks have made the frozen four.

Hellebuyck looks great. Tons of poise and very economical in his movements. Still needs work on his rebound control, but the system U-Mass Lowell plays compliments him perfectly. Great game.
About how far away would he be from playing here? Two seasons?

bazaaa* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:33 PM
  #752
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,158
vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazaaa View Post
About how far away would he be from playing here? Two seasons?
At least 4. Give him the Corey Schneider treatment.

DespoticNewt is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:55 PM
  #753
bazaaa*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,664
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
At least 4. Give him the Corey Schneider treatment.
Wow, that long huh.
Would be a pretty interesting situation to have a top prospect goalie knocking on the doorstep.

bazaaa* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 11:06 PM
  #754
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,511
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazaaa View Post
Wow, that long huh.
Would be a pretty interesting situation to have a top prospect goalie knocking on the doorstep.
It will most likely be a long time before he's knocking on the doorstep.
He is still very very very raw prospect and goalies can take a while at times, much like defensemen.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he suffers a bit of sophomore fall back with how amazing he's done despite how raw he seems when I see him (and the scout notes written).

garret9 is online now  
Old
03-30-2013, 11:10 PM
  #755
bazaaa*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,664
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
It will most likely be a long time before he's knocking on the doorstep.
He is still very very very raw prospect and goalies can take a while at times, much like defensemen.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he suffers a bit of sophomore fall back with how amazing he's done despite how raw he seems when I see him (and the scout notes written).
Thanks. Can't wait to follow him next year and coming years.
I guess a good estimate would be two years is when people here will be screaming for him because Pavs has a bad game, than? lol

bazaaa* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 11:15 PM
  #756
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,511
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazaaa View Post
Thanks. Can't wait to follow him next year and coming years.
I guess a good estimate would be two years is when people here will be screaming for him because Pavs has a bad game, than? lol
Lol I'm really interested and excited to see him too.

Reasonable estimation would be:
2-4 years college, followed by 1-3 years of AHL depending on how far he progresses and if he progresses.

Goalies are weird and their development can be quite crazy. Either way, having a chance for a great one is awesome.

garret9 is online now  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:48 PM
  #757
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go
 
Cory Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brockton
Country: United States
Posts: 7,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Lol I'm really interested and excited to see him too.

Reasonable estimation would be:
2-4 years college, followed by 1-3 years of AHL depending on how far he progresses and if he progresses.

Goalies are weird and their development can be quite crazy. Either way, having a chance for a great one is awesome.
Honestly, I've watched this kid all season. UML does a great job shot blocking but this kid has been absolute beast in the net. I wouldn't bother rushing him. Alot of raw talent there for sure. After this year, I'd think he comes out at the end of next season, shouldn't stay more than that IMO. After this year, 3 year plan is my opinion. 1 more year in college, maybe two, followed by a year in the A assuming he plays well and has continued his development.

Hellebuyck has the size of an NHL goalie and has a good shot at carrying this team to the national championship. Personally you might have gotten a steal here boys. I know some picked him as a sleeper due to his size and coming out of nowhere, but I'm very impressed as he just blanked my UNH Wildcats.

Cory Trevor is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 07:04 PM
  #758
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 7,291
vCash: 1250
Quinnipiac rolling again tonight and with a 5-0 lead in the second period appear poised to make the Frozen Four. JST with another goal so far today after scoring once on Saturday as well.

http://www.ncaa.com/game/icehockey-m...ipiac#boxscore

It looks as if the Jets will have two prospects playing the final grouping of four teams.

Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 07:07 PM
  #759
jetkarma
Registered User
 
jetkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
Honestly, I've watched this kid all season. UML does a great job shot blocking but this kid has been absolute beast in the net. I wouldn't bother rushing him. Alot of raw talent there for sure. After this year, I'd think he comes out at the end of next season, shouldn't stay more than that IMO. After this year, 3 year plan is my opinion. 1 more year in college, maybe two, followed by a year in the A assuming he plays well and has continued his development.

Hellebuyck has the size of an NHL goalie and has a good shot at carrying this team to the national championship. Personally you might have gotten a steal here boys. I know some picked him as a sleeper due to his size and coming out of nowhere, but I'm very impressed as he just blanked my UNH Wildcats.
Thanks for the post and sharing what you see and foresee for his development.

jetkarma is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 07:14 PM
  #760
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,511
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
Honestly, I've watched this kid all season. UML does a great job shot blocking but this kid has been absolute beast in the net. I wouldn't bother rushing him. Alot of raw talent there for sure. After this year, I'd think he comes out at the end of next season, shouldn't stay more than that IMO. After this year, 3 year plan is my opinion. 1 more year in college, maybe two, followed by a year in the A assuming he plays well and has continued his development.

Hellebuyck has the size of an NHL goalie and has a good shot at carrying this team to the national championship. Personally you might have gotten a steal here boys. I know some picked him as a sleeper due to his size and coming out of nowhere, but I'm very impressed as he just blanked my UNH Wildcats.
Sweet!
About the same of what I thought as that about averages just one less.
I find his movement isn't quite there but man his size is great AND he knows how to use it.
Thanks

garret9 is online now  
Old
04-01-2013, 07:51 PM
  #761
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,701
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I'm back from my Calgary trip, so I'll start the prospect updates up again.

Belleville Bulls 3 - Mississauga Steelheads 1
Game 6 - Bulls win series 4-2
Last Updated: Final


PlayerGoalsAssistsPoints+/-PIM
Austen Brassard011+16

2. BELV D. Zharkov, (1) (T. Graovac, A. Brassard), 4:55
1 - BELV A. Brassard, 18:50 - Roughing, 2 min
2 - BELV A. Brassard, 2:32 - Check from Behind, 2 min (PP)
3 - BELV A. Brassard, 2:08 - Holding, 2 min (PP)



Upcoming Games

April 2nd

Kelowna Rockets vs. Seattle Thunderbirds
Game 6 - Thunderbirds lead 3-2



April 3rd

Barrie Colts @ Oshawa Generals
ECSF Game 1 - Tied 0-0


Kelowna Rockets vs. Seattle Thunderbirds
Game 7 - if needed

__________________

Last edited by Hammer Slammer: 04-01-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:14 PM
  #762
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,323
vCash: 50
Looks like Barrie will play Oshawa in the second round. Oshawa was the three seed and third place in the East.

JetsHomer is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 02:04 PM
  #763
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,701
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Looks like Barrie will play Oshawa in the second round. Oshawa was the three seed and third place in the East.
Yep, that should be a good one.

If Kelowna can win the next 2 games against the T-birds (could happen), they would play the Blazers.

The Bulls have matched up with the Sudbury Wolves for the 2nd round and will start playing Friday.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 08:39 PM
  #764
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,701
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Kelowna Rockets 4 - Seattle Thunderbirds 3
Game 6 - Series tied 3-3
Last Updated: Final OT

PlayerGoalsAssistsPoints+/-PIM
Ryan Olsen000-12

3 - KEL R. Olsen, 5:25 - Slashing, 2 min (PP)


Upcoming Games



April 3

Kelowna Rockets vs. Seattle Thunderbirds
Round 1 Game 7 - Series tied 3-3
9:05 CST

Barrie Colts vs. Oshawa Generals
Round 2 Game 1 - Series tied 0-0
6:30 CST

April 5

Belleville Bulls @ Sudbury Wolves
Round 2 Game 1 - Series tied 0-0
7:00 CST


Last edited by Hammer Slammer: 04-03-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:41 PM
  #765
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,701
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
This game is nuts. A combined 6 goals and 31 shots in the 1st alone.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 12:01 AM
  #766
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,701
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Rockets win in OT and force Game 7! Came back to tie the series after falling 3-0 to start.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 12:02 AM
  #767
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 7,291
vCash: 1250
Wow! The Rockets won in OT and are one game away from the comeback.

Rockets PBP announcer Regan Bartel just lost his **** on the goal call.

Myles Bell does it again.

Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 12:04 AM
  #768
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,701
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Wow! The Rockets won in OT and are one game away from the comeback.

Rockets PBP announcer Regan Bartel just lost his **** on the goal call.

Myles Bell does it again.
I was listening to the Seattle guys and they were pissed. Bartel kicks ass.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 12:27 AM
  #769
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 7,291
vCash: 1250
Fantastic interview with Lowry right here....
http://shawnmullin.files.wordpress.c.../lowryapr1.mp3

Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 12:28 AM
  #770
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,158
vCash: 234
Please please please upload Bartel losing his ****.

DespoticNewt is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 07:50 AM
  #771
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!
 
Stej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Kirk
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Fantastic interview with Lowry right here....
http://shawnmullin.files.wordpress.c.../lowryapr1.mp3
Why the hell is he not signed and in St. John's??? At the end he says that he's still had no contact with anyone!! Hopefully Chevy gets to it the minute after the deadline expires.

Stej is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 07:56 AM
  #772
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*
 
GermanJetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Darmstadt, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,967
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
Why the hell is he not signed and in St. John's??? At the end he says that he's still had no contact with anyone!! Hopefully Chevy gets to it the minute after the deadline expires.
Good question. He has to get a couple of games on the rock!

GermanJetsFan is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 08:36 AM
  #773
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,293
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
Why the hell is he not signed and in St. John's??? At the end he says that he's still had no contact with anyone!! Hopefully Chevy gets to it the minute after the deadline expires.
Agreed. Hopefully Chevy gets it done right after the TD. What's the date we need to get him signed by, June 1?

The worst thing is him saying that he hasn't had contact with anyone. How is that possible? On that Road to the Memorial Cup show it shows the Montreal player development guy (forget his name, former player), getting some time on the ice with the Habs prospects. Do we not do the same thing with our guys?

Huffer is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 08:46 AM
  #774
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,701
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I only listened to part of the interview before going to bed, but he seems very smart and well-spoken.

I really hope he gets a shot in St. John's after the trade deadline. There's literally no reason not to sign him that I can think of.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:19 AM
  #775
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,754
vCash: 50
Lowry also stated he hasn't spoken to his agent in a few weeks. In all likelihood the Jets are trying to sign him while Chevy and the agent work a suitable ELC out.

Sweech is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.