HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 07:31 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
I'm curious to see where you guys see Clapperton go, if he actually gets drafted. I personally can't see teams sniff on him for a second year.

I think some teams might like him enough to snag him in the 3rd round, but he will more likely go in the later rounds. I'd definitely look at him with our 4th pick and beyond.
I wouldn't take Clapperton until the last round or 2.

If we draft a 2nd year eligible it should be Dea, pure sniper.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I wouldn't take Clapperton until the last round or 2.

If we draft a 2nd year eligible it should be Dea, pure sniper.
I'm with you on that one...
I think there could be much better players available.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:24 AM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Look for a steady D in the 3rd round.. Murphy from the Mooseheads?

Old
04-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Look for a steady D in the 3rd round.. Murphy from the Mooseheads?
Kostalek would be my pick. I think he has some offensive potential too.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:33 AM
That

I really like Matt Murphy, especially in the mid-late third, but I'd prefer Chris Bigras. I doubt Bigras makes it out of the second round, though.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:45 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Heatherton

Old
04-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Heatherton
You want to draft a Victoria's Secret model?

Old
04-03-2013, 11:09 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
You want to draft a Victoria's Secret model?
Yes.. For.. Moral...

Old
04-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Ok i'm officially on the Zykov bandwagon I think his game would fit perfectly with what we are trying to build.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Scotianhab

Matt Murphy would be a good 3rd rd pick. Plus I could watch his development.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:02 PM
JeromeHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Kostalek would be my pick. I think he has some offensive potential too.
Kostalek is a 2nd rounder in my book, best eligible defensemen from the QMJHL. some offensive potential with good shutdown ability. Also can play a physical game.

Old
04-03-2013, 04:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

So glad that MD didn't trade the Flames 2nd rounder, have been keeping a close eye on them all season rooting for our 2nd round pick to win. Granted he could still move it in a draft day trade but hopefully he doesn't as it should be in the low 30's.

I haven't been paying too much attention to the rankings but where is Quentin Shore slated to go? I know the Habs like to draft teammates of draft picks, might be someone of interest as he had a good Freshman year at Denver.

Old
04-03-2013, 04:37 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Heatherton
You mean heatherington lol

Old
04-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Fozz

The news keeps getting better with Nashville trading Erat for Forsberg. Both 2nd round picks added should be good ones.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

I haven't been paying too much attention to the rankings but where is Quentin Shore slated to go? I know the Habs like to draft teammates of draft picks, might be someone of interest as he had a good Freshman year at Denver.
Shore is listed as the 186th NA skater in the CSS midterm ranking.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Ginu

Time to focus on the draft with the trade deadline coming and going

Old
04-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

Hey folks. Just checking back in to talk a bit about the draft.

I have to reconsider some thoughts I had earlier in the year in regards to some prospects. As per usual there have been some changes. It happens every year..players who look good early fall off, and guys who didn't look great early on come on.

For one, Gauthier isn't a candidate to be a top ten pick any more..he really disappointed down the stretch. There were concerns with his creativity early, but when he lost his competitiveness too he really dropped in value. Just saw him three times versus Gatineau, and I don't think he went past the faceoff dot in the offensive zone until Game 6 when they were scrambling for their playoff lives. Looks like a third-line NHL candidate all the way.

I don't know that he's a first rounder any more. Someone will likely take him in the first, but I would have reservations.

Earlier in the year I said I'd take Zykov over Nichushkin in large part because he was already in NA, and Nich had some question marks in regards to his vision and creativity. Well - things have changed.

Nichushkin completely dominated everyone at the last major U-18 tournament. He pretty much solidified a spot in the draft's top 6 even if there may be worries about him being in Russia still, and when he will come over.

Zykov is still a good prospect, but Nichushkin is bigger and faster, simply said.

Biggest late riser would be Morin. Interesting that the top riser and faller would be from the same team, but it's likely the case, in part because a boatload of scouts were at the Gatineau games and saw it for themselves. Morin's skating, puckhandling and confidence has grown as the season went on. Ended the season being Rimouski's go-to dman on the PP and the PK. He may end up going in the top 20...lots of upside even if he's still a project.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:24 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post

I have to reconsider some thoughts I had earlier in the year in regards to some prospects. As per usual there have been some changes. It happens every year..players who look good early fall off, and guys who didn't look great early on come on.

For one, Gauthier isn't a candidate to be a top ten pick any more..he really disappointed down the stretch. There were concerns with his creativity early, but when he lost his competitiveness too he really dropped in value. Just saw him three times versus Gatineau, and I don't think he went past the faceoff dot in the offensive zone until Game 6 when they were scrambling for their playoff lives. Looks like a third-line NHL candidate all the way.

I don't know that he's a first rounder any more. Someone will likely take him in the first, but I would have reservations.

Earlier in the year I said I'd take Zykov over Nichushkin in large part because he was already in NA, and Nich had some question marks in regards to his vision and creativity. Well - things have changed.

Nichushkin completely dominated everyone at the last major U-18 tournament. He pretty much solidified a spot in the draft's top 6 even if there may be worries about him being in Russia still, and when he will come over.

Zykov is still a good prospect, but Nichushkin is bigger and faster, simply said.

Biggest late riser would be Morin. Interesting that the top riser and faller would be from the same team, but it's likely the case, in part because a boatload of scouts were at the Gatineau games and saw it for themselves. Morin's skating, puckhandling and confidence has grown as the season went on. Ended the season being Rimouski's go-to dman on the PP and the PK. He may end up going in the top 20...lots of upside even if he's still a project.
If you're still around..

what about some other Q players such as Carrier, Poirier, Mantha, and Murphy?

Old
04-03-2013, 10:40 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:

Wow! Morin going in top 20, so much for getting him in the 2nd rd...

Old
04-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:

I was right with Gauthier after all!!!!
Thanks for coming in Grant! Always nice to hear some pro do their work.

If you ever come back, Do you think Lazar is a riser ? And what about Sorensen ? Can't see these guys going lower than 20 and 50.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

I didn't say he WOULD go top 20, I said he MAY. The buzz is that he's going in the first. If he goes to the U-18 and has a great tourney who knows where he'll go.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

Lazar never should have fallen. May well be a top ten guy..brings so much to the table. Sorenson is probably a mid second rounder.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:21 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
I didn't say he WOULD go top 20, I said he MAY. The buzz is that he's going in the first. If he goes to the U-18 and has a great tourney who knows where he'll go.
I got that. lol

Just thought he'd be there for our last 2nd rd pick. It sounds like that might not be the case now.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:23 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
What are your thoughts on PK's brother Jordan Subban and where do you see him likely going in the draft?

Old
04-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
What are your thoughts on PK's brother Jordan Subban and where do you see him likely going in the draft?
Early third.

Closed Thread