Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Moncton Wildcats

Old
04-02-2013, 04:50 PM
chsb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
I can't see why he wouldn't keep busy while he awaits another pro gig.Rebuild year or not , it's a job. i.e John Torchetti...
Nothing is too big for the Wildcats and RKI!

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:09 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
I can't see why he wouldn't keep busy while he awaits another pro gig.Rebuild year or not , it's a job. i.e John Torchetti...
Torchetti didnt have a contract paying him over 500k. There are clauses in those contracts, if they find employement with another hockey organization, their contract is nul and void. Have you seen anyone with an NHL contract come back to Junior coaching?

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:01 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
Torchetti didnt have a contract paying him over 500k. There are clauses in those contracts, if they find employement with another hockey organization, their contract is nul and void. Have you seen anyone with an NHL contract come back to Junior coaching?
He was fired. He can coach wherever he pleases now. If you think he can't coach in Moncton next season , you're wrong. He's not resttricted. Toronto hired Randy Carlyle last season after he was dismissed from Anaheim. A team can't fire you then say you can't coach.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:06 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Boucher is not coming back to junior to coach a rebuilding team. Especially while still having a yr left on his deal....
He was fired...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:53 AM
ClemQ

Never once did I say the team wouldn't allow him.
If he coaches anywhere else, he forfeits his last years pay on his contract. Do you think irving will pay him his salary he's making on that contract? To come coach a team that will struggle to produce 30 wins... Really people!!!! I'll eat crow happily if I'm wrong.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:28 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Do you know the details of his contract ?

Old
04-03-2013, 09:38 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Do you know the details of his contract ?
his specifically, no. But coach contracts have generally all been the same in terms of clauses , etc.

as i said....if he comes to moncton, i will happily eat crow. Only moncton fans see any sense in his coming to moncton next year. Having said that, if he does come to moncton, it's great for the league and even better for the wildcats.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:52 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
his specifically, no. But coach contracts have generally all been the same in terms of clauses , etc.

as i said....if he comes to moncton, i will happily eat crow. Only moncton fans see any sense in his coming to moncton next year. Having said that, if he does come to moncton, it's great for the league and even better for the wildcats.
I'd be stunned. But anythings possible.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:25 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Never once did I say the team wouldn't allow him.
If he coaches anywhere else, he forfeits his last years pay on his contract. Do you think irving will pay him his salary he's making on that contract? To come coach a team that will struggle to produce 30 wins... Really people!!!! I'll eat crow happily if I'm wrong.
You've been misinformed on that. That is not the case.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:43 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
You've been misinformed on that. That is not the case.
you saw his contract did you?

Old
04-03-2013, 01:16 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
you saw his contract did you?
Apparently you did as well ??

Old
04-03-2013, 01:41 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Apparently you did as well ??
hehehe...yep. So you were the one standing next to me were you

ok - i'm contributing to this foolishness. I dont think there is a chance in that Guy boucher comes to moncton to coach a completely rebuilding major junior team. I can't believe for a minute that would be his best option.

And...i'm fully prepared to eat crow if that does happen

Old
04-03-2013, 02:29 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
hehehe...yep. So you were the one standing next to me were you

ok - i'm contributing to this foolishness. I dont think there is a chance in that Guy boucher comes to moncton to coach a completely rebuilding major junior team. I can't believe for a minute that would be his best option.

And...i'm fully prepared to eat crow if that does happen
And I totally agree with you that he is a long shot. I'll go as far as saying I highly doubt he does but my argument was that if he wanted to , he could without RKI eating his contract. LOL Let's move on ! Who do you think the Cats whill have as OA's. Emond seems to be a lock and unfortunately Melindy looks like he'll return. That leaves and open spot for a OA via trade or FA. One person I was thinking would be a cheap option is Olivier Archambeault from Chicoutimi. He's a solid , physical stay at home dman who plays a simple but effective game. He could probably be had to a late pick (i.e Werthner). Though I'd rather a forward given our other overs age dmen.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:34 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
And I totally agree with you that he is a long shot. I'll go as far as saying I highly doubt he does but my argument was that if he wanted to , he could without RKI eating his contract. LOL Let's move on ! Who do you think the Cats whill have as OA's. Emond seems to be a lock and unfortunately Melindy looks like he'll return. That leaves and open spot for a OA via trade or FA. One person I was thinking would be a cheap option is Olivier Archambeault from Chicoutimi. He's a solid , physical stay at home dman who plays a simple but effective game. He could probably be had to a late pick (i.e Werthner). Though I'd rather a forward given our other overs age dmen.
i wouldnt think they would go with 3 - 20's on defense, but who knows. In years like the one you will have next year, the most important thing from your 20's will not be production, but leadership and attitude. If your 20's arent your leaders, it will set back the rebuild a couple years. Its a big reason why BC took 5yrs to rebuild and not 3 like it usually does.
You will be bringing in 8-10 new faces again this year, and they need someone to show the kids how to prepare everyday, how to handle being on the road, being in the school books while on the road, eating well, etc..etc. It sounds like easy and obvious things to do, but we often forget they are kids. Having 20's that dont go to school and spend their days on video games won't cut it next year! I'm not saying any of them would do that. i'm just generalizing and using examples....you need character kids for your 20's next year. Production wont matter, fans dont need to worry about who scores next year and how many goals.

Old
04-09-2013, 08:37 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
i wouldnt think they would go with 3 - 20's on defense, but who knows. In years like the one you will have next year, the most important thing from your 20's will not be production, but leadership and attitude. If your 20's arent your leaders, it will set back the rebuild a couple years. Its a big reason why BC took 5yrs to rebuild and not 3 like it usually does.
You will be bringing in 8-10 new faces again this year, and they need someone to show the kids how to prepare everyday, how to handle being on the road, being in the school books while on the road, eating well, etc..etc. It sounds like easy and obvious things to do, but we often forget they are kids. Having 20's that dont go to school and spend their days on video games won't cut it next year! I'm not saying any of them would do that. i'm just generalizing and using examples....you need character kids for your 20's next year. Production wont matter, fans dont need to worry about who scores next year and how many goals.
This guy knows what he is talking about.

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote