HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 09:28 AM
RainingRats

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Has he sunken that far? I think he has an upside of a 2nd pairing smooth puck mover. Solid but unspectacular in his own zone but a solid transition game. TJ Brennan and Robak -- one or the other is redundant imo.
He's so physically weak in his own zone. It's a personality type of thing, imo. He's shies away from contact and he's pretty below average defensively. And he is easily knocked off the puck. I think Brennan is what Robak could turn into. So yeah, he's redundant.

Old
pantherbot

I'm hoping tallon doesn't make too many moves and keeps most of the team together. On my list of tradeables I would put Goc (love him, but he's not necessary with Matthias and Shore), Smithson, Kuba, Clemmer, Parros, Upshall and that's about it. Maybe Strachan.

We need a decent core to bring the kids up through the system. I do not want to see Bjugstad, Trocheck or Matheson (think he is available for pros) starting with our team next year. Robak and Petrovic may be ok next year, but I'm not willing to gamble on that.

Old
Panthersfan1989

Damn that much hate for Roback... I think he still has some pretty good upside.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:29 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Has he sunken that far? I think he has an upside of a 2nd pairing smooth puck mover. Solid but unspectacular in his own zone but a solid transition game. TJ Brennan and Robak -- one or the other is redundant imo.
From what ive seen been much more impressed with brennan than with robak.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:33 AM
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Kulikov would be on my untouchable list if Mueller and Matthias are. Kulikov>>>>>>Matthias, and it's not even close. Matthias has had one great month. I like Mueller but he's available. And if Kulikov is available, I'd certainly believe Gudbranson is available.
Agree with Kuli on the untoucahble list, he's 22 and still a RFA in two years. Unless it was a trade somehow for a #1 Center I don't see the point letting him go. Matthias, Mueller and Markstrom need new contracts. I really hope Tallon stays put unless he can unload Kuba or Clemmensen.

I'd be surprised if some teams would be interested in an injured Versteeg and a big contract with Flash. Goc and Kopecky would be my trade bait and I'd only move them if it was a high 2nd round pick or a decent defensive prospect.

I'd be really interested to know what Theodore's plans are for next season. I'd love if we could get Ben Bishop if Theo isn't coming back. Clemmensen doesn't fit into the plan anymore, If he has to play 10-15 games next year and be traded or bought out this year, pull the trigger.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:34 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
It's not a knock on Robak as much as a confirmation of Kulikov. Right now, Kulikov>>>>>>>>Robak. I'd much rather keep Brennan than Robak, Brennan has already shown he can add a lot of offense and he's OK defensively. But either one, I'd let go on waivers after camp rather than ship off Kulikov because we need to make room for a #6 d-man.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:36 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Pominville has been rumored to be on the block would you guys trade him for kulikov?

Old
04-03-2013, 09:36 AM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
He's so physically weak in his own zone. It's a personality type of thing, imo. He's shies away from contact and he's pretty below average defensively. And he is easily knocked off the puck. I think Brennan is what Robak could turn into. So yeah, he's redundant.
I agree. I still think he has value, but perhaps not valuable to this team. A team in need of a puck mover would probably find him fairly useful.

as an aside, I am not sold on Brennan yet. It's a very small sample size. He looks decent enough, but I doubt there is real room for improvement in his game.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Panthersfan1989

I agree that Markstrom needs a new contract are we worried he wont be back??

Old
04-03-2013, 09:37 AM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
It's not a knock on Robak as much as a confirmation of Kulikov. Right now, Kulikov>>>>>>>>Robak. I'd much rather keep Brennan than Robak, Brennan has already shown he can add a lot of offense and he's OK defensively. But either one, I'd let go on waivers after camp rather than ship off Kulikov because we need to make room for a #6 d-man.
I would just try to deal him at the draft or something or as part of a package. Tired of losing assets to waivers.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:38 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Pominville has been rumored to be on the block would you guys trade him for kulikov?
Never.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:38 AM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Never.
Agreed, bad idea.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:39 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthersfan1989 View Post
he'll be back. there should be no concern.

Old
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Agree with Kuli on the untoucahble list, he's 22 and still a RFA in two years. Unless it was a trade somehow for a #1 Center I don't see the point letting him go. Matthias, Mueller and Markstrom need new contracts. I really hope Tallon stays put unless he can unload Kuba or Clemmensen.

I'd be surprised if some teams would be interested in an injured Versteeg and a big contract with Flash. Goc and Kopecky would be my trade bait and I'd only move them if it was a high 2nd round pick or a decent defensive prospect.

I'd be really interested to know what Theodore's plans are for next season. I'd love if we could get Ben Bishop if Theo isn't coming back. Clemmensen doesn't fit into the plan anymore, If he has to play 10-15 games next year and be traded or bought out this year, pull the trigger.
Pass on Bishop, LeBrun says Ottawa wants a 2nd plus a prospect/player.

Old
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Never.
Motion carried.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:41 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Im also against trading kulikov, just curious as to the quality of forward we should expect as a hypothetical return.

Flyers fans threw around couturier id rather have pominville imo.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Petrovic hasn't played at the NHL level and Robak isn't good in his own zone. We should trade Robak instead of losing him via waivers because I don't think he's NHL ready.
Just because Petrovic hasnt played at the NHL level yet doesnt mean he's not ready to compete for a spot. The guy has had a yr of pro experience now in the minors, has the size/physicality to play in the NHL, and by most reports should be ready by next season to compete for an NHL spot. Think of him like it was Gudbranson from last yr.

Yes I could see us trading Robak...maybe similar to a deal that went down yesterday for a forward (Gaunce for Vincour). I wouldnt be surprised to see Tallon trade him today or in the offseason if he could get a deal like that.
Quote:
Robak can go bye bye AFAIC, if someone wants to pick him up on waivers. AG is right, idk why people think young puckmoving D the caliber of Kulikov come along every day. Tallon has also repeatedly mentioned him as part of the future and listed him as an untouchable.
I think he's more valuable to us in a trade then just letting him go on waivers. We could at least get a draft pick for him if we traded him at the draft. Guys like Kulikov dont come along everyday but we kinda do have a young prospect puckmoving D that had an outstanding season in college (Matheson). With Campbell handling most of the puck moving load, I feel like Kulikov's role needs to change some or he's available if a team overpays. I think thats what we're talking about though, unless a team overpays for him, he's still gonna be a Panther come tonight.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:45 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Just because Petrovic hasnt played at the NHL level yet doesnt mean he's not ready to compete for a spot. The guy has had a yr of pro experience now in the minors, has the size/physicality to play in the NHL, and by most reports should be ready by next season to compete for an NHL spot. Think of him like it was Gudbranson from last yr.

Yes I could see us trading Robak...maybe similar to a deal that went down yesterday for a forward (Gaunce for Vincour). I wouldnt be surprised to see Tallon trade him today or in the offseason if he could get a deal like that.
I think he's more valuable to us in a trade then just letting him go on waivers. We could at least get a draft pick for him if we traded him at the draft. Guys like Kulikov dont come along everyday but we kinda do have a young prospect puckmoving D that had an outstanding season in college (Matheson). With Campbell handling most of the puck moving load, I feel like Kulikov's role needs to change some or he's available if a team overpays. I think thats what we're talking about though, unless a team overpays for him, he's still gonna be a Panther come tonight.
Well yeah, I do think he's ready to compete for a spot but that doesn't mean he's going to win the competition and earn a spot which is why it's silly to move guys like Kulikov.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:48 AM
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther

Quote:
Pass on Bishop, LeBrun says Ottawa wants a 2nd plus a prospect/player.
I'm sure Goc and a pick would draw some interest from Bryan Murray, the Sens need some depth at Center for playoffs until Speeza is back.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:48 AM
bootsgaudet

Ducks here,

What would you think be suitable for

Goc + Kulikov from the ducks ?

Doesn''t have to be a package, will take either of them individually

Old
04-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post

Yes, it would have to be an overpayment. But you are suggesting Kulikov should be moved because of Campbell and Matheson. I'd love to have the problem of too many puck-moving D's. That's the ideal situation. Plus, by the time Matheson comes into his own, Campbell's career will be on the decline.

I'd rather trade Robak than lose him to waivers...I'm just saying, I'm not going to be any more interested in trading Kulikov just because Robak is waiver eligible.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:55 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthersfan1989 View Post
If someone offers him something like over 4 million per for 7 years, then maybe.

IMO it will never ever reach that point, and wouldn't be surprised to see an extension done before the regular season ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Im also against trading kulikov, just curious as to the quality of forward we should expect as a hypothetical return.

Flyers fans threw around couturier id rather have pominville imo.
It would have to be Kulikov++, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
I'm sure Goc and a pick would draw some interest from Bryan Murray, the Sens need some depth at Center for playoffs until Speeza is back.
That would only end in a goalie controversy, which is the last thing we need. We need a veteran that can push Markstrom, not a up-and-coming kid that could push him around and possibly make him unhappy.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:57 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Yes, it would have to be an overpayment. But you are suggesting Kulikov should be moved because of Campbell and Matheson. I'd love to have the problem of too many puck-moving D's. That's the ideal situation. Plus, by the time Matheson comes into his own, Campbell's career will be on the decline.

I'd rather trade Robak than lose him to waivers...I'm just saying, I'm not going to be any more interested in trading Kulikov just because Robak is waiver eligible.
Then we are unanimous; it would be ridiculous to move kuli. The Edmonton journal just explained it best minutes ago:

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...mitry-kulikov/

Kulikov was the 14th overall selection in 2009. He’s in his fourth professional season; the left-side defender has played north of 20:00 per game in each of the last two seasons. He has decent size (6’1”, 205 pounds), an offensive touch, and skates like the wind. He’s a legitimate top-four defenceman in the here-and-now; he’s likely to be a top-pairing defenceman in his prime and at 22 years of age there is a lot of that ahead. He has one year left on his contract after this one (with a $2.5 million cap hit) after which he’ll be an unrestricted free agent.

Kulikov is exactly the kind of player that could explode and be entirely untouchable a year from now; he has a little bit of chaos to his game right now but he can hold his own physically and has superb offensive skills.

Doubtless, he would be a costly acquisition for any interested NHL team. But he’s also the kind of player who could be a major part of a contending club for the next decade or longer

What right mind would trade him, absent ridiculous overpayment.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:59 AM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
If someone offers him something like over 4 million per for 7 years, then maybe.

IMO it will never ever reach that point, and wouldn't be surprised to see an extension done before the regular season ends.

It would have to be Kulikov++, no thanks.
I know this was just a "what if," but we are in no position to NOT accept that offer or lose Markstrom for picks, period.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:00 AM
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsgaudet View Post
Ducks here,

What would you think be suitable for

Goc + Kulikov from the ducks ?

Doesn''t have to be a package, will take either of them individually
Kulikov isn't leaving unless Bobby Ryan is on the table. I'd give you Goc and Kuba for Cam Fowler and 4th round pick. That pick becomes a 3rd rounder if you make it to the Conference Finals.

Closed Thread