HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XVII - Baseball has returned!

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 09:58 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
I've never been a fan of Leinie's. You can actually mix the different types/flavors of beer at the stand?
Yeah. They have 4 or 5 beers and then they have a menu of different drinks you can make combining them.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:59 AM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
You reselling season tix or something?
Mostly managing them with people who want them, but I'll have to resell some.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:00 AM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

http://www.bleachernation.com/2013/0...comment-265874

I'm giddy!

Old
04-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
It's only 20 years too late. That place is a dump and has needed to be fixed for forever, that fact it took this long is ridiculous.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Illinihockey

"I like Appel, but at this point, Gray would be (first) on my board," an AL scout said. "I'll take the triple-digit fastball and the wipeout slider any day of the week. There have been times that I've heard Mark was just a little too fastball heavy without elite command. I don't hear that about Gray very often, I think he's going to be a star."

Old
04-03-2013, 10:37 AM
KyleJRM

Either way, having two college pitchers take big step forwards this year to become strong top-of-draft candidates is pretty much the dream scenario for the Cubs.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
It's only 20 years too late. That place is a dump and has needed to be fixed for forever, that fact it took this long is ridiculous.
They will come to an agreement over the weekend so they can make a big show of it prior to the home opener on Monday.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:01 AM
RayP

Quote:
Eh, hasn't bothered me one bit. As long as the beer is cold, that's about all I need. I don't need a jumbotron to see a replay of every single play that happens. I hope they don't modernize it too much, I love the throwback feel it has and don't care for most of the new ballparks.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Right. He's gonna suck for a while, so he needs to just get that out of the way now. There is no point in putting it off. The guy seems like he's so concerned with his brand that he can't stand having people see him play like crap for awhile, but it's what you have to do.
No, the guy seems that he's concerned with getting his mental game back to where it needs to be, and has his own opinion of what route he should take to do that. It's his mind. He knows what he's doing.

Rose is anything but egotistical. He's one of the very last players in the NBA I'd ever use that word to characterize (I know you didn't say it directly, but I think you'd agree that was the implication).

Old
04-03-2013, 11:19 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Eh, hasn't bothered me one bit. As long as the beer is cold, that's about all I need. I don't need a jumbotron to see a replay of every single play that happens. I hope they don't modernize it too much, I love the throwback feel it has and don't care for most of the new ballparks.
Budweiser/MGD for me. To be fair I like Miller High Life

Old
04-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

I think he is more worried about hurting his team then his brand. This is a man who cried when thanking his fans and the team for the support they showed during his rehab, not a move of an egotistical person.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
I am not talking about jumbo trons and that stuff. I am talking about plumbing that isn't from WWII and things not falling off walls and that kind of stuff. They can keep the ballpark just as is for the most part and just renovate the spine and core of it.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Blue Liner

Quote:
I am not talking about jumbo trons and that stuff. I am talking about plumbing that isn't from WWII and things not falling off walls and that kind of stuff. They can keep the ballpark just as is for the most part and just renovate the spine and core of it.
Agreed. The underbelly of the park needs to be completely redone, from the plumbing, restrooms, concourse, clubhouses, everything. I'm not against a jumbotron of sorts if for no other reason than the money it'll generate for the club in advertising. There are ways to modernize and upgrade the park immensely while maintaining it's classic look. The last couple bleacher renovations are evidence of that, as well as the adding of seats behind the plate between the dugouts. One big piece of evidence is Fenway Park, period. New-ballpark amenities and feel sure would be nice.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
I think he is more worried about hurting his team then his brand. This is a man who cried when thanking his fans and the team for the support they showed during his rehab, not a move of an egotistical person.
Yep. And if this is the route to a return he thinks will be most beneficial for his team as well as him individually (which he quite obviously does), then fans need to trust him. Because Rose knows his game much better than any of us do.
And yes, better than a very out-of-place doctor does as well.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:37 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Budweiser/MGD for me. To be fair I like Miller High Life
Hell, when I'm at Wrigley I'm fine with any beer that is cold, as long as it's not a cider.

Quote:
Gotcha... I've never really seen anything fall off the wall personally, and as long as I don't have to walk thru a puddle of piss to take a piss, which I've neer had to do... I'm fine.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:46 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Agreed. The underbelly of the park needs to be completely redone, from the plumbing, restrooms, concourse, clubhouses, everything. I'm not against a jumbotron of sorts if for no other reason than the money it'll generate for the club in advertising. There are ways to modernize and upgrade the park immensely while maintaining it's classic look. The last couple bleacher renovations are evidence of that, as well as the adding of seats behind the plate between the dugouts. One big piece of evidence is Fenway Park, period. New-ballpark amenities and feel sure would be nice.
Exactly. I was at a game 2 seasons ago: a rainy night in late September so the place was rather empty and the concourses felt so spacious and open. I go to Cubs/Sox last year with a normal large crowd and you can't move on the concourse. It took us 45 minutes to get down the ramps just to leave! It was unreal.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Blue Liner

For the record, I wouldn't lose much sleep if Wrigley got completely leveled and a brand new version of it was built on the same site. I'm not against an entirely brand new park. Wrigley's got charm and history and that's great, but if even Yankee Stadium can come down, Wrigley Field can. With that said, a lot can be done within the current walls to upgrade and renew the park without doing that and that's the plan and I'm cool with it. But I'm not one of these people that will tie themselves to the front gate of the park as a wrecking ball is coming through.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
For the record, I wouldn't lose much sleep if Wrigley got completely leveled and a brand new version of it was built on the same site. I'm not against an entirely brand new park. Wrigley's got charm and history and that's great, but if even Yankee Stadium can come down, Wrigley Field can. With that said, a lot can be done within the current walls to upgrade and renew the park without doing that and that's the plan and I'm cool with it. But I'm not one of these people that will tie themselves to the front gate of the park as a wrecking ball is coming through.
The actual grandstand at Wrigley isn't really much to write home about. The balcony is probably the best balcony in baseball since it is so close to the field but a large number of the 200 level seats blow, you either have a pole in your face or you can't see anything hit into the air. From the outside, save the scoreboard, the place looks like a dump.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:08 PM
coldsteelonice84

I'm not against building a new one but replicating the field and using the same bricks to retain authenticity. Keep the scoreboard, keep the sign outside, all of that stuff. The rest should be state of the art.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:16 PM
RayP

Eh, I'd prefer they keep it simple and true to it's roots. I don't need granite countertops in the pisser, or marble hallways. Doesn't really matter to me, though, I won't be seeing many games anytime soon up there aside from the typical summer visit. Just hope it doesn't turn into your typical generic ballpark.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Blue Liner

Keep the bleachers...they're all new anyway after initially being remodeled back in '05 or whenever that was, and then again last year. Those were actually done very well between becoming more modern, functional, and adding seats all while looking classic and seamless in relation to the rest of the park.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:40 PM
coldsteelonice84

The seats are an issue and that is only going to get fixed by building a new park IMO. They need more space.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:12 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

I have no problem with the seats...

Old
04-03-2013, 02:13 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Salvador Perez is reallly, really good.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:28 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I have no problem with the seats...
You ever sat at the back of the 200 level? Miserable experience. Upper level is awesome, though.

SOX now with 5 runs on the year, all via the homer

Closed Thread