HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 10:01 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
I know this was just a "what if," but we are in no position to NOT accept that offer or lose Markstrom for picks, period.
Hardly an offer sheet we wouldn't be forced to match.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:04 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 6500
Quote:
I know this was just a "what if," but we are in no position to NOT accept that offer or lose Markstrom for picks, period.
The amount of years for a (yet) unproven goalie could scare the ownership away.

But it won't never happen, and Markstrom would have to accept that offer for it to happen. Markie just doesn't seem like a guy that just chases the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Kulikov isn't leaving unless Bobby Ryan is on the table. I'd give you Goc and Kuba for Cam Fowler and 4th round pick. That pick becomes a 3rd rounder if you make it to the Conference Finals.
Yeah, no. This is pretty brutal.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:04 AM
HockeyRulez
The moves like Jagr!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thr...36&forum_id=73

Old
04-03-2013, 10:09 AM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Well yeah, I do think he's ready to compete for a spot but that doesn't mean he's going to win the competition and earn a spot which is why it's silly to move guys like Kulikov.
Oh I'm not saying to move Kulikov because we have Petrovic. I'm just saying IF it happened, at least we have some cushion with having guys like Petrovic in the pipeline and near ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yes, it would have to be an overpayment. But you are suggesting Kulikov should be moved because of Campbell and Matheson. I'd love to have the problem of too many puck-moving D's. That's the ideal situation. Plus, by the time Matheson comes into his own, Campbell's career will be on the decline.

I'd rather trade Robak than lose him to waivers...I'm just saying, I'm not going to be any more interested in trading Kulikov just because Robak is waiver eligible.
See I feel like we have too many puck moving D's right now and not enough physical defenders who can clear the crease. Kulikov can hit at times and play physical but he's not really a "clear the crease" type. Plus, I dont feel like he's an elite puck mover either like Campbell is. On the squad now, we really just have Gudbranson who could be that crease-clearer and he's been tentative in doing stuff like that this season due to the shoulder injury. So if we get an overpayment for Kulikov, I'm not worried about replacing him really because I dont feel as though he's as critical for our future as some of you guys do. When Campbell's career is winding down, Matheson can learn from him and develop into a replacement. But I always feel like puck movers can be found.

Again, this goes back to what I said above, I'm not saying trade Kulikov because we have Robak. I'm just saying if we do trade Kulikov, at least I'm not as stressed about it because we have depth in young players who are ready to compete for ice time. I would like to see us improve though on some of those players for sure so hopefully we are using our picks in this draft to address the defense more.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:10 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
(Eklund)

I think it's going to be a pretty quiet day for us. Assuming everyone is back and healthy next year (minus Weiss who Tallon finds a replacement for) if Markstrom can be Markstrom, we should be a playoff team. No need for Tallon to do too much.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Then we are unanimous; it would be ridiculous to move kuli. The Edmonton journal just explained it best minutes ago:

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...mitry-kulikov/

Kulikov was the 14th overall selection in 2009. He’s in his fourth professional season; the left-side defender has played north of 20:00 per game in each of the last two seasons. He has decent size (6’1”, 205 pounds), an offensive touch, and skates like the wind. He’s a legitimate top-four defenceman in the here-and-now; he’s likely to be a top-pairing defenceman in his prime and at 22 years of age there is a lot of that ahead. He has one year left on his contract after this one (with a $2.5 million cap hit) after which he’ll be an unrestricted free agent.

Kulikov is exactly the kind of player that could explode and be entirely untouchable a year from now; he has a little bit of chaos to his game right now but he can hold his own physically and has superb offensive skills.

Doubtless, he would be a costly acquisition for any interested NHL team. But he’s also the kind of player who could be a major part of a contending club for the next decade or longer

What right mind would trade him, absent ridiculous overpayment.
That is incorrect information. According to both capgeek and nhlnumbers, his expiry status will still be RFA. Source: http://capgeek.com/player/1587

Old
04-03-2013, 10:13 AM
CanadianPanther
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
That would only end in a goalie controversy, which is the last thing we need. We need a veteran that can push Markstrom, not a up-and-coming kid that could push him around and possibly make him unhappy.
They could push each other alot like the tandem of Reimer and Scrivens. Clemmensen isn't that veteran you speak of, Theodore COULD be but he's a UFA.

Bishop is still young and can be a servicable back up - a good fit for 3-5 years time
Bernier is looking for a #1 job. - wouldn't be opposed for 3-5 years time as well.
Kipper is on his way out and wouldn't be a good fit. - Rather keep Theodore

I don't see any other options, I'd be happy buying out/waiving/trading Clemmensen, trading for Bishop and possibly have Theodore back if need be.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:20 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
(Eklund)

I think it's going to be a pretty quiet day for us. Assuming everyone is back and healthy next year (minus Weiss who Tallon finds a replacement for) if Markstrom can be Markstrom, we should be a playoff team. No need for Tallon to do too much.
Agree 100%.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
See I feel like we have too many puck moving D's right now and not enough physical defenders who can clear the crease. Kulikov can hit at times and play physical but he's not really a "clear the crease" type. Plus, I dont feel like he's an elite puck mover either like Campbell is. On the squad now, we really just have Gudbranson who could be that crease-clearer and he's been tentative in doing stuff like that this season due to the shoulder injury. So if we get an overpayment for Kulikov, I'm not worried about replacing him really because I dont feel as though he's as critical for our future as some of you guys do. When Campbell's career is winding down, Matheson can learn from him and develop into a replacement. But I always feel like puck movers can be found.

Again, this goes back to what I said above, I'm not saying trade Kulikov because we have Robak. I'm just saying if we do trade Kulikov, at least I'm not as stressed about it because we have depth in young players who are ready to compete for ice time. I would like to see us improve though on some of those players for sure so hopefully we are using our picks in this draft to address the defense more.
Kulikov is not the problem in that regard. He is our best defenseman in our zone. Gud is a crease-clearer and Petrovic will probably be one too. And I think crease clearing d-men are more easily found than puckmovers.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:28 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

http://www.sportsnet.ca/events/nhl-trade-deadline-2013/

link to watch; enjoy.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:30 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

Quote:
Clemmensen isn't that veteran you speak of, Theodore COULD be but he's a UFA.
Which is why I said "need".

Quote:
Bishop is still young and can be a servicable back up - a good fit for 3-5 years time
Bishop is a UFA in 2014. Not worth losing a 2nd and a prospect for.

Quote:
Bernier is looking for a #1 job. - wouldn't be opposed for 3-5 years time as well.
You said it yourself, makes no sense.

Quote:
Kipper is on his way out and wouldn't be a good fit. - Rather keep Theodore
Kipper is probably the worst mentor in the whole league, greedy number 1 that only thinks about himself. Don't get why everyone is saying "oh, I'd so love to have him as a mentor". He's a good goalie, but he's also a dick, alright.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:33 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post

Kipper is probably the worst mentor in the whole league, greedy number 1 that only thinks about himself. Don't get why everyone is saying "oh, I'd so love to have him as a mentor". He's a good goalie, but he's also a dick, alright.
he just said he refuses to move and will likely retire at yrs end.

Id love Vokoun for this role but I know most people here are opposed to him returning.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:37 AM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Kulikov is not the problem in that regard. He is our best defenseman in our zone. Gud is a crease-clearer and Petrovic will probably be one too. And I think crease clearing d-men are more easily found than puckmovers.
He's not a problem per se but I dont feel like he's some superstar like some people are insinuating he is here. If a team gives us a good offer for Kulikov, I wouldnt be that sad TBH. I guess we disagree about which is more easily found. I think its easier to find puck movers because they dont need to have the size & strength needed to be a crease clearer.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:40 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

Way to help your team rebuild Kipper.

Quote:
Id love Vokoun for this role but I know most people here are opposed to him returning.
I think I've told you this about 5 times already lol, he's signed through next year too and why would Pens trade a goalie that can step up when Fleury isn't in it, which happens fairly often.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:46 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
He's not a problem per se but I dont feel like he's some superstar like some people are insinuating he is here. If a team gives us a good offer for Kulikov, I wouldnt be that sad TBH. I guess we disagree about which is more easily found. I think its easier to find puck movers because they dont need to have the size & strength needed to be a crease clearer.
This is was my thinking why I didnt have Kuli in my untouchable list. If Kulikov could be packaged to get us a return like a Ryan for example, you have to seriously consider it. This team needs scoring forwards, and Kulikov would be the best chip to use as bait. I do like Kulikov, and still see him as a future all-star Dman, but you sometimes have to give to get.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Max Quackenbush

Luongo Staying in Canada

NHL Rumour Mill ‏@NHL_Rumour_Mill 12h

"Talks between VAN & NJ have started. NJ wants Schneider, Gillis considering for the right price.

Larsson is the bargaining chip. Might be the right fit for VAN. Time will tell."

Old
04-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
And it takes skill to be a good puckmover, which not everyone has. Kulikov is not only a good puckmover, he is great in his own zone. He's a very well rounded d-man at only the age of 22. IMO he's definitely a vital piece of the team's future.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:54 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Goc kopecky and Kuba not skating...let rumor mill begin...

Old
04-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
This is was my thinking why I didnt have Kuli in my untouchable list. If Kulikov could be packaged to get us a return like a Ryan for example, you have to seriously consider it. This team needs scoring forwards, and Kulikov would be the best chip to use as bait. I do like Kulikov, and still see him as a future all-star Dman, but you sometimes have to give to get.
I would move Kuli in that type of deal, but the chances of that kind of trade happening are pretty small.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Goc kopecky and Kuba not skating...let rumor mill begin...
I seriously would want a 1st for Kopecky. I don't want to see him moved at all.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:00 AM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
I seriously would want a 1st for Kopecky. I don't want to see him moved at all.
BIG RUMBLINGS of a Kopecky trade coming... Some even say he will be the first-one traded today, Tallon is getting A LOT of interest !

Don't want to lose him, just like you !

Old
04-03-2013, 11:03 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
kuli is on track for many all star years.

Puck movers are much more valuable IMHO. thats why jayblo gets 7mill. Crease clearers less valuable in the new NHL.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:05 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
BIG RUMBLINGS of a Kopecky trade coming... Some even say he will be the first-one traded today, Tallon is getting A LOT of interest !

Don't want to lose him, just like you !
You don't trade who arguably is the seasons MVP.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
You don't trade who arguably is the seasons MVP.
You do if the price is right

Old
04-03-2013, 11:07 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
You do if the price is right
yes.

that's true for most panthers, back to the untouchable argument.

Santorelli to Jets by the way.

Closed Thread