HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Speculation Part VII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2013, 11:34 AM
  #751
day1devilsfan
Registered User
 
day1devilsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Interwebz of NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Merrill and Boucher have ELC that don't kick in til next season. They cannot play in NJ this year.
No that I know... Just think Lou sees what we might have here next year so why make a move

day1devilsfan is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:35 AM
  #752
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne
 
Brooklyndevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,213
vCash: 500
Reality check time, we should be sellers not buyers. With Pittsburgh and the Bruins we're not going far in the East this year, I doubt we get by Ottawa or Toronto. Less one Parise, Kovy hurt and a slumping Zajac and Henrique, one year older in Marty, Sally and a few others. Plus, we're very weak in prospect forwards and not many picks in our pocket, they should move Elias and Clarkson with the understanding that they will try to re-sign both in off season. That's how we can get better for the future. Devils had their magically run last season; I just don't see it happening this season. Sorry but that's the way I see it.

Brooklyndevil is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:35 AM
  #753
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Merrill and Boucher have ELC that don't kick in til next season. They cannot play in NJ this year.
jeez can we sticky this info already

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:36 AM
  #754
SteveCangialosi123
Registered User
 
SteveCangialosi123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Reality check time, we should be sellers not buyers. With Pittsburgh and the Bruins we're not going far in the East this year, I doubt we get by Ottawa or Toronto. Less one Parise, Kovy hurt and a slumping Zajac and Henrique, one year older in Marty, Sally and a few others. Plus, we're very weak in prospect forwards and not many picks in our pocket, they should move Elias and Clarkson with the understanding that they will try to re-sign both in off season. That's how we can get better for the future. Devils had their magically run last season; I just don't see it happening this season. Sorry but that's the way I see it.
I'm on the same page as you, but not about Patty. Never wanna trade him hes a lifer. I'd deal Clarky but never patty.

SteveCangialosi123 is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:40 AM
  #755
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Reality check time, we should be sellers not buyers. With Pittsburgh and the Bruins we're not going far in the East this year, I doubt we get by Ottawa or Toronto. Less one Parise, Kovy hurt and a slumping Zajac and Henrique, one year older in Marty, Sally and a few others. Plus, we're very weak in prospect forwards and not many picks in our pocket, they should move Elias and Clarkson with the understanding that they will try to re-sign both in off season. That's how we can get better for the future. Devils had their magically run last season; I just don't see it happening this season. Sorry but that's the way I see it.
The organization is at crossroads. I'd rather start it now than being in the same place 2 years from now.

Tundra is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:42 AM
  #756
MaddogDevil
Status Clowe!
 
MaddogDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Garden State
Country: United States
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
For what it's worth...

NHL Rumour Mill ‏@NHL_Rumour_Mill 12h

"Talks between VAN & NJ have started. NJ wants Schneider, Gillis considering for the right price.

Larsson is the bargaining chip. Might be the right fit for VAN. Time will tell."

MaddogDevil is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:43 AM
  #757
njdevil26
Registered User
 
njdevil26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Clark, NJ
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,118
vCash: 500
Uh no. Never. Go after Jonathan Bernier... these Vancouver goalies are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overvalued.

njdevil26 is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:45 AM
  #758
njdevil26
Registered User
 
njdevil26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Clark, NJ
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,118
vCash: 500
Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 2m
Appears #CBJ D Jack Johnson has left practice. Not sure why.

@GeorgeRichards A few #FlaPanthers not practicing today including Tomas Kopecky and Marcel Goc. We'll wait and see what happens.

njdevil26 is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:45 AM
  #759
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever
 
Henrique Iglesias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ-NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog2009 View Post
For what it's worth...

NHL Rumour Mill ‏@NHL_Rumour_Mill 12h

"Talks between VAN & NJ have started. NJ wants Schneider, Gillis considering for the right price.

Larsson is the bargaining chip. Might be the right fit for VAN. Time will tell."
I....I don't even know where to begin. Hasn't that twitter account been trash?

Larsson for Schneider makes no sense.

Henrique Iglesias is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:47 AM
  #760
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,741
vCash: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
I....I don't even know where to begin. Hasn't that twitter account been trash?

Larsson for Schneider makes no sense.
Not for us anyway lol

NJDevs26 is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:47 AM
  #761
OpethNJD
loldevils
 
OpethNJD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vernon, Nj
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog2009 View Post
For what it's worth...

NHL Rumour Mill ‏@NHL_Rumour_Mill 12h

"Talks between VAN & NJ have started. NJ wants Schneider, Gillis considering for the right price.

Larsson is the bargaining chip. Might be the right fit for VAN. Time will tell."
I doubt it, Larsson is basically untouchable.

OpethNJD is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:48 AM
  #762
MauDevils
Registered User
 
MauDevils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethNJD View Post
I doubt it, Larsson is basically untouchable.
I wish I believed that. This franchise has more faith in Peter Harrold for whatever reason.

MauDevils is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:50 AM
  #763
MaddogDevil
Status Clowe!
 
MaddogDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Garden State
Country: United States
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethNJD View Post
I doubt it, Larsson is basically untouchable.
No doubt, Larsson isn't going anywhere.

MaddogDevil is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:51 AM
  #764
Devils86
Registered User
 
Devils86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog2009 View Post
For what it's worth...

NHL Rumour Mill ‏@NHL_Rumour_Mill 12h

"Talks between VAN & NJ have started. NJ wants Schneider, Gillis considering for the right price.

Larsson is the bargaining chip. Might be the right fit for VAN. Time will tell."
Not a larsson fan but no to this...You can find a Goalie...

Devils86 is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:52 AM
  #765
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist
 
MadDog172430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,107
vCash: 500
Boring trade deadline. Snore.

MadDog172430 is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:53 AM
  #766
Basement Cat
RIP Loko
 
Basement Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA!!!
Country: Poland
Posts: 10,717
vCash: 500
**** being sellers. No point in even suggesting that because Lou won't even consider it.

We are still in a playoff spot despite underachieving badly. This team has enough depth to scrape together some wins (or even loser points) to get into the playoffs and get our big gun back (hopefully sooner). Add maybe another scoring piece if possible and get in the big dance. It's a new season at that point and guys who have struggled (Zajac, Henrique, Clarkson, Elias, etc) will be able to reboot and have fresh starts.

Basement Cat is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:53 AM
  #767
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 25,416
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Oooo ooo yes! Trade for a young goalie before the draft! Along with hanging on to 7th by the skins of our teeth we need a goalie controversy too!

Scottyk9 is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:55 AM
  #768
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils86 View Post
Not a larsson fan but no to this...You can find a Goalie...
agree with this. no way AL gets moved unless its pietrangelo+ or something coming back

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:55 AM
  #769
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne
 
Brooklyndevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCangialosi123 View Post
I'm on the same page as you, but not about Patty. Never wanna trade him hes a lifer. I'd deal Clarky but never patty.
Like I said, we tell both that we want them back. They both have expiring contracts and that seems to be very importamt to teams with the cap coming down next season as well as both being good players that can help real contenders. They get a shot at a cup and it's only for a few months, unless they don't want to come back.

Either way, they're both free agents at the end of this season and have to be re-signed. That's the way I'm thinking.

Brooklyndevil is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:56 AM
  #770
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
**** being sellers. No point in even suggesting that because Lou won't even consider it.

We are still in a playoff spot despite underachieving badly. This team has enough depth to scrape together some wins (or even loser points) to get into the playoffs and get our big gun back (hopefully sooner). Add maybe another scoring piece if possible and get in the big dance. It's a new season at that point and guys who have struggled (Zajac, Henrique, Clarkson, Elias, etc) will be able to reboot and have fresh starts.
I think the horrid 6-16 stretch has very little to do with effort. The effort of this team is not the problem as showed by last year's tenacity. This is a structurally flawed team that needs to be retooled. Whether that takes 1 year or 2 years is anyone's guess.

Tundra is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:57 AM
  #771
day1devilsfan
Registered User
 
day1devilsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Interwebz of NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
I saw Goc (1 yr left) & Kopecky (2 yrs left) aren't practicing in FLA... I'd like Kopecky w/ 23 points so far

day1devilsfan is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 11:57 AM
  #772
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,396
vCash: 500
my tradetracker must be broken/freezing up

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 12:04 PM
  #773
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,720
vCash: 500
I'm sure Nucks asked for Larsson and Lou said no. That's the extent of the 'rumour'.

Schneider wouldn't be worth the cost.

Devilsfan92 is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 12:06 PM
  #774
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Today & The Future
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
I think the horrid 6-16 stretch has very little to do with effort. The effort of this team is not the problem as showed by last year's tenacity. This is a structurally flawed team that needs to be retooled. Whether that takes 1 year or 2 years is anyone's guess.
I wouldn't go that far. It's a bad extended slump in a shortened season. This is still a great team which will be fine if they get out of the funk, however a talented forward would do wonders at this point & couldn't hurt. I was crossing my fingers for Jagr but hopefully Lou has a trick up his sleeve or this team snaps out of it and gets hot at the right time and goes on a Pittsburgh streak

Mory Schneideur* is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 12:09 PM
  #775
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 500
why would we get a goalie of all things? ridiculous, unless Moose wants out

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.