HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Harry Zolnierczyk Traded to Anaheim for Jay Rosehill (Rosehill will wear #37)

Old
04-03-2013, 01:15 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiStone View Post
Good trade. Harry Z is useless. Rosehill is a pretty decent fighter and this is the Philadelphia Flyers after all. And our team has been girlie all season.
Rosehill sucks as well. At least its an expiring contract and hopefully Holmgren lets him walk away after this season.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 03:51 AM
CptCannon

vCash: 500
Girlie all season?

Toronto Maple Leafs 37
Columbus Blue Jackets 29
Tampa Bay Lightning 25
Vancouver Canucks 24
Philadelphia Flyers 23

Flyers are tied at 5th (with Bruins) counting the team fighting majors.

While the number one individual (Simmonds) is tied at 26th with 5 FM's. 11 players has taken a fighting major this season, 7 of them more than just one.

Also, the hits... While TOR are leading the league in hits with 1170, Philadelphia is 5th with 988. About them individuals: Matt Martin leads the league in hits with 180... Rinaldo (141) and Luke Schenn (133) are 4th and 5th.

Plus Fly-guys are second in minor penalties(164), only second to BUF (170). So plenty of times the Warrior logo has been tattooed to someone's neck, too.

Wouldn't say this team has played like little girls all season.

(Note: Sestito had 2 fights before moving to Vancouver.)

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:12 AM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
There was nothing dirty about the hit on Giroux. You still want to send a message that there will be consequences if you touch our star player though. You can argue about how dumb it is but it's been like that for many years in hockey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
I agree. The idea behind the enforcer is that it is a nuclear deterrent. It maybe dumb/old/outmoded but Flyers added muscle they perhaps felt was lacking at the moment-- in a very minor trade.
The idea that somebody is going to let up on a check because we have an enforcer on the bench is ridiculous and any GM who thinks it's a valid concept should be fired immediately. I don't care who you have on your team. Who's the most intimidating player in the NHL right now in terms of violence? I guarantee players on his team still get run.

The old days are just that... old. You don't need a Dave Schultz anymore, you just need a couple Wayne Simmonds. Or a Rinaldo even.

GirouxGiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:00 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
There was nothing dirty about the hit on Giroux. You still want to send a message that there will be consequences if you touch our star player though. You can argue about how dumb it is but it's been like that for many years in hockey.
Since when do you only retaliate when dirty hits occur?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirouxGiroux View Post
Are you kidding? There was nothing dirty about that hit. What are we retaliating against? How dare they play hockey!

The way you retaliate is win the game.

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:12 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
The idea that somebody is going to let up on a check because we have an enforcer on the bench is ridiculous and any GM who thinks it's a valid concept should be fired immediately. I don't care who you have on your team. Who's the most intimidating player in the NHL right now in terms of violence? I guarantee players on his team still get run.

The old days are just that... old. You don't need a Dave Schultz anymore, you just need a couple Wayne Simmonds. Or a Rinaldo even.
Well said. Too bad Homer doesn't understand the concept. I don't care that Harry Z is gone, but I wish they'd have gotten something of value for him, either alone or as part of a larger package.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:01 AM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
Since you valued winning a Stanley Cup over having a reputation as being thugs. Since then.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:00 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Since you valued winning a Stanley Cup over having a reputation as being thugs. Since then.
Standing up for your teammate =/= being a thug.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

This is stupid. Harry was at least a serviceable player.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:08 AM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

Quote:
Standing up for your teammate =/= being a thug.
Retaliation for clean hits =/= standing up for your teammate.

Are you suggesting that after Giroux leveled Crosby in the playoffs, someone from the Penguins should have jumped him? Just because it's a big hit and Crosby is a star?

Old
04-03-2013, 12:24 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

Like I said you can argue how silly it may sound but it's been that way for decades and hasn't changed yet.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:25 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Did you even read the rest of my post?

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:39 PM
BernieParent

The only valuable use for Rosehill is that he stands guard and fights Engelland while Rinaldo pummels Neal.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 06:20 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:

Are you suggesting that after Giroux leveled Crosby in the playoffs, someone from the Penguins should have jumped him? Just because it's a big hit and Crosby is a star?
Yes. Someone takes a run at your star, you show them it's not alright, regardless of cleanliness of the hit. Keep allowing teams to hit your star player and see how he feels after taking a beating night in, night out. Fluke injuries happen on clean hits, I'd rather the hits not happen to my star player in the first place.

Quote:
Did you even read the rest of my post?
No, I didn't even mean to quote your post. That double-post was an accident.

Old
04-05-2013, 08:06 AM
LuigiStone*

And how many goals did Harry Z score for the Flyers this year? Oh and Rosehill?

LuigiStone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:19 AM
poneill27

He seemed OK to me.

poneill27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiStone View Post
And how many goals did Harry Z score for the Flyers this year? Oh and Rosehill?
Did anyone notice what happened after Rosehill dropped Orr with that left? Orr was a none factor and not running around. I thought Rosehill and Hall played a solid game last night and our skill players stayed on the ice. I like Harry Z but come on its not like he is the 2nd coming of Doug Gilmore

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:48 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Well said. Too bad Homer doesn't understand the concept. I don't care that Harry Z is gone, but I wish they'd have gotten something of value for him, either alone or as part of a larger package.
We are not getting anything of value for Harry Z what we got is what hes worth so get over it and Rosebud step up last night he even scored.

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:10 AM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Maybe get that oh so valuable 3rd rounder back?

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Razor the Goalie
Can I Get a Hot Tub

Harry Z did not have much value he's a maybe a 13th forward, it was trading a tomato for a tomato.

Razor the Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:25 AM
poneill27

I wouldn't mind possibly keeping this guy for really cheap.

poneill27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Dr. Octagon

Some seriously embarrassing posts in this thread

Dr. Octagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:40 PM
CavemanLawyer

Quote:

What about shoving/face washing/elbows around the goalie after a frozen puck? Think that stops people from crashing the net? Cross checks/slashing to the back/legs when a player in is in the slot? Does that stop a player from going there? Hell let us not stop there - teaching players to hit hard to cause, *ahem* alligator arms in the NFL? Teaching players to jam as hard as possible the first few plays to get the receiver off his rhythm? Hard fouls in basketball being thought of by some as game changers? In F1 diving into a turn you know you cant pass, possibly almost causing wrecks, just to get under the skin of the driver in front while pissing off tons of fans?

Like or not, these things DO work and are taught to athletes non stop from when they were kids. They might work one time out of a hundred but, they do it. I'm sure there has been a player who maybe had a lower body injury who was thinking of playing a physical game but thought he would jack up his injury or something along those lines when he had to deal with the retaliation. Or a player wanting to be physical but knowing he'd have to fight and therefor be out of the game for 5 minutes, not wanting that. Like a said , one out of a hundred chance.

But I too long for a game that is not stopped an extra 5 minutes every 10 seconds due to scrums around the net for no reason than another player doing his job crashing it. I too would love all the borderline **** that gets allowed to players in the slot be called.

And before the usual "Players don't think that much" - I'm not saying players are like "oh time for a hit,ohhh wait nvm!". It's something they probably think about in between shifts, etc. Also instincts can kick in - Bryz is a testament to that. Imagine if Bryz just had the **** beat out of him, his reaction to a puck coming at his head could have even been worse! Haha. Like it or not, the NHL owners/coaches loveeeeeeee the meta in meta in meta game of gaming your opponents on all sorts of levels. I personally hate it. But it is what it is.

CavemanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote