HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > General Sports
General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

2012 & 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide Series & Camping World Truck Series Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

vCash: 500
Any racing death is tragic and I won't try and blame or absolve anybody in that one. There is a lot to speculate on there.

Just pointing out that the quality of the product is very much improved and on the upswing. I like racing and the racing itself over there is exciting and enjoyable.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:43 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
While I completely agree it was really nothing (and I hate Logano), this couldn't be over this one move. No way Stewart would act like that, has to have been boiling over for some time.

On a side note, Hamlin is expected to miss atleast 6 weeks with a compression fracture
L1 Vertebrae and it actually is 5 weeks, since we had the Easter break.

Vickers to the 11 @ Texas; Mark Martin's "loaned" to the 11 for Martinsville since that track is one where Vickers is in the 55;

we also lost Homestead founder Ralph Sanchez;

remember the Trucks return this weekend

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:09 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
No, but Carl Long gets fined into bankruptcy for a tiny measurement on an engine he bought and installed, as is, into his car. Meanwhile Chad Knauss re-engineers shocks to work illegally, wins the race, and nascar asks him to please stop doing it.

Yes, they have let guys wreck each other, but they have so far been the top drivers from the top teams. You can't seriously tell me nascar treats everybody equally. And what about Tony's rant in the link above? You don't think he bad mouthed nascar way worse than what Denny said? You're not being honest if you think they don't play favorites.
I was absolutely furious when this happened though not surprised. Long's punishment was totally out of proportion to his offense IMO. Playing favorites is putting it mildly.

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
I was absolutely furious when this happened though not surprised. Long's punishment was totally out of proportion to his offense IMO. Playing favorites is putting it mildly.
The epitome of nascar's double standard. You have to have your head permanently buried in sand not to acknowledge how they do business.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

vCash: 977
Quote:
The epitome of nascar's double standard. You have to have your head permanently buried in sand not to acknowledge how they do business.
We get it, you don't like NASCAR.

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
We get it, you don't like NASCAR.
It's not like I make stuff up or have to go out of my way to find the hypocrisy. The emperor has no clothes. And those are actions that are detrimental to stock car racing. Too bad there isn't a higher authority to punish them for it.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:20 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
It's not like I make stuff up or have to go out of my way to find the hypocrisy. The emperor has no clothes. And those are actions that are detrimental to stock car racing. Too bad there isn't a higher authority to punish them for it.
Eddie:

what higher authority is there that governs Indy Car, and other North American motorsports series, would/should they be held to the same standard, is that what you want is an IROC TYPE motorsports?, it's not just Stock Cars, and NASCAR/ISC... IF Bill France, Sr hadn't done what he did by being or setting up a dictatorship, it's their series, they've always said, and have told many drivers over the years, if you don't agree with our rules, then find another series, NASCAR has and will survive without you.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:39 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
Eddie:

what higher authority is there that governs Indy Car, and other North American motorsports series, would/should they be held to the same standard, is that what you want is an IROC TYPE motorsports?, it's not just Stock Cars, and NASCAR/ISC... IF Bill France, Sr hadn't done what he did by being or setting up a dictatorship, it's their series, they've always said, and have told many drivers over the years, if you don't agree with our rules, then find another series, NASCAR has and will survive without you.
Hutch, sometimes I think your shorts are binding a little too much. Is your last name France?

Old
04-05-2013, 01:40 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

In News leading up to today's and this weekend's events @ Martinsville:

NW Daytona update: Daytona Intl Speedway/ISC paid a 1.1 M Insurance deductible to 30 fans injured during the Drive4COPD 300 race;

Leavine Family Racing partners w/ Cancer Awareness @ Martinsville;

NASCAR Day 5/17;

Hamlin to attend Martinsville; hopes to be cleared by Richmond weekend;

UME/SANY America on TBR 7/36;

13-Mears to partner w/ Distracted Drivers Awareness campaign;

5/3 Bank aboard 17-Stenhouse, Jr.;

811 back on 22-Logano;

600th start for Dale, Jr.;

Gander Mt on 15-Bowyer for Texas; RK Motors on car this wknd;

Smith in 51;

Race w/ Insulin on 1-McMurray;

Jani-King on 43-Almirola;

NW:

Jeffrey Earnhardt in 5 @ RIR;

Landon Cassill takes over the 4 for JD Motorsports/GK;

CWTS:

40 entries for Kroger 250; Notables:

1-RWR-Davenport;
6-Devin Jones;
24-Harvick;
30-Piquet, Jr.;
51-Erik Jones;
94-Elliott (Chase)

Old
04-05-2013, 09:03 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

If you don't like NASCAR why are you here. Indy has a site, F1 has a site, hell even tennis has a site. Or maybe the tennis site might be to rough for you.

StvBroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:07 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Holy mother of God are we still talking about blocking. The marketing team should pay Tony extra money, for bringing so much notice to NASCAR.

Old
04-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvBroDan View Post
If you don't like NASCAR why are you here. Indy has a site, F1 has a site, hell even tennis has a site. Or maybe the tennis site might be to rough for you.
I realize this may be difficult concept for you to grasp, but there is a difference between liking racing and liking the governing body. Most hockey fans would understand that but hey, maybe you only come here for the tennis and just started branching out. I can cut you some slack for that.

Old
04-05-2013, 09:42 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
I realize this may be difficult concept for you to grasp, but there is a difference between liking racing and liking the governing body. Most hockey fans would understand that but hey, maybe you only come here for the tennis and just started branching out. I can cut you some slack for that.

You are entirely to full of yourself there Eddie. Stop trying to save the sport and enjoy EVEN NASCAR.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:29 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Polesitters:

CWTS: 4-Jeb Burton;

Cup: 48-JJ

Old
04-06-2013, 10:17 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Hutch, sometimes I think your shorts are binding a little too much. Is your last name France?
if that's your case, Eddie, how come your last Name isn't Either Penske or Ganassi

Old
04-06-2013, 10:24 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

NOT MUCH Television coverage due to Barrett Jackson on SPEED; Practices will not be televised-CWTS race @ 1:30

minor shakeup @ Swan Racing(30); Steve Hmiel released; Tony Eury, Jr. promoted to Competition Director and Steven "Bones" Lane now CC for David Stremme;

Elliott Sadler in 81 Alert (JGR) car for Kansas & both Talledega Races;

Old
04-06-2013, 10:18 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

CWTS: Kroger 250 to 98-Johnny Sauter (2nd win in 6 weeks/current pts leader)

Old
04-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
if that's your case, Eddie, how come your last Name isn't Either Penske or Ganassi
You don't know that it isn't.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:21 AM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

Quote:
Tony Stewart discusses blocking: #14-Tony Stewart addressed the media Friday at Martinsville:
DO YOU STILL FEEL THE SAME WAY YOU DO ABOUT BLOCKING?
"Yeah, my stance has never changed about blocking. Everybody has got a different opinion. I know the last two weeks everybody has tried to make a comparison to the Talladega deal. Talladega is a little different deal than the rest of it. I don't like it at Daytona and Talladega either, but it's the position we are put in there. What happened at California is a different deal. The people that are trying to compare the two are people that honestly I've read who has written it. It's disappointing that they don't understand the sport any better than that, but there is a huge difference between the two. It's our jobs as drivers to go out there and try to pass people. That is what racing is about. We didn't have blocking 10 years ago. I don't know where all of a sudden it became a common deal or some people think it's alright to do now and think it's common practice. I don't believe in it. I don't believe it should be common practice."
AT RESTRICTOR PLATE TRACKS IT'S A NECESSARY EVIL?
"We don't have a choice. We can't even get away from each other there. It's not so much that you are trying to block as much as you are trying to make that guy that you are trying to get in front of push you. We don't have the luxury of running on our own there. You have to have somebody pushing you. So if there is a line coming you want that faster line to pick you up and push you. The last half of a lap at Talladega is different than a restart with 15 to go at California."
WHY DO YOU THINK BLOCKING HAS INCREASED?
"I don't know. I hope you guys can tell me. I don't understand it either. I have never agreed with it. I don't like it. For some reason it's getting increasingly worse. I don't know why that is, but it is."(Chevy PR)(4-6-2013)
http://www.jayski.com/

Old
04-07-2013, 10:29 AM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Don't even think about Joey. Go Smoke

Old
04-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

Johnson gets out of shape because of the tire debris...

...time to clean the tire debris off the track, can't have that happen.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
LOL, Newman stopping on the track to draw the yellow flag.

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:19 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Hey DW why don't you pull your head out of JJ's Arse

Old
04-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

I wonder who Danica hasn't run in to today.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

Harvick