HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Hall hart consideration?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2013, 09:19 PM
  #26
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Is he...

top 3 in the league in points?

top 2 in the league in goals?

first in all key goaltending categories?

playing defense and outscoring all other d-men at a 2 to 1 ratio?

If you can answer yes to any of those questions, then yes, our beloved Hall deserves to be a finalist for the Hart trophy.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:23 PM
  #27
s7ark
Moderator
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Is he...

top 3 in the league in points?

top 2 in the league in goals?

first in all key goaltending categories?

playing defense and outscoring all other d-men at a 2 to 1 ratio?

If you can answer yes to any of those questions, then yes, our beloved Hall deserves to be a finalist for the Hart trophy.
This. There is no way Hall gets any Hart consideration this year.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:29 PM
  #28
Wheatking
Registered User
 
Wheatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
This. There is no way Hall gets any Hart consideration this year.
Agreed. We're all excited about the way Hall is playing right now but lets not get carried away.

If he finished with 55 points, he might get some consideration. But that means he'd 19 points in the final 13 games of the season. That's about a 120 point pace. It's not going to happen and we shouldn't expect that to happen. He's spent the majority of the season playing at about a point per game pace. We should just be thrilled with that.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:36 PM
  #29
bucks_oil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Is he...

top 3 in the league in points?

top 2 in the league in goals?

first in all key goaltending categories?

playing defense and outscoring all other d-men at a 2 to 1 ratio?

If you can answer yes to any of those questions, then yes, our beloved Hall deserves to be a finalist for the Hart trophy.
I know this has already been quoted, but thank you for the reality check... Required for some posters apparently!

What we HAVE seen is about 5 games of shoo-in MVP play and 25 games of "boy is he going to be a player".

Give the boy time!!

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:56 PM
  #30
Evets 81
Registered User
 
Evets 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Who cares?

Kadri is a shoo-in for the Hart.
And the Ted Lindsay Award, the Selke, Lady Byng, probably the Norris, Vezina, Jennings Trophy, and why not the Jack Adams Award too!

Back on topic, I don't think this season Hall will get much, if any, consideration for the Hart. Although, if he does keep up the way he is playing, he can definitely be in the running for years to come.

Evets 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:02 PM
  #31
McOkMcgoMcoil
Registered User
 
McOkMcgoMcoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 13,247
vCash: 500
Well I would put him top 10, that is still pretty dam good. Unless he scores about 20 points in the last 13 games though he has no chance.

McOkMcgoMcoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:03 PM
  #32
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,950
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
It's really hard to judge who you give the hart trophy to this year because of the shortened season... but I give it to Crosby. I bet he'll be back before the playoffs start.

Even if he doesn't play another game in the regular season I bet he gets nominated.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:06 PM
  #33
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
I know this has already been quoted, but thank you for the reality check... Required for some posters apparently!

What we HAVE seen is about 5 games of shoo-in MVP play and 25 games of "boy is he going to be a player".

Give the boy time!!
WEll as much as the reality check is required its interesting to note that only one WC player in the scoring race, Patrick Kane, has more pts/game than Taylor Hall.

Hall has only played 32 games making his 36pts more impressive.

If Hall was playing in the weak kneed East I would imagine he would have a handful more pts than he does. 8 out of the top 10 scorers are in the East. Basically due to the East being a high scoring, less defensive conference.

I will say this. I can't think of one player in the WC that is more valuable to his team than Taylor Hall right now.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:09 PM
  #34
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,950
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
WEll as much as the reality check is required its interesting to note that only one WC player in the scoring race, Patrick Kane, has more pts/game than Taylor Hall.

Hall has only played 32 games making his 36pts more impressive.

If Hall was playing in the weak kneed East I would imagine he would have a handful more pts than he does. 8 out of the top 10 scorers are in the East. Basically due to the East being a high scoring, less defensive conference.

I will say this. I can't think of one player in the WC that is more valuable to his team than Taylor Hall right now.
How messed up is that? It seems like it was just yesterday that the East was the defensive first conference and the West had more teams playing the run'n gun style.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:11 PM
  #35
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder
 
McCupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 5-14-6-1
Country: United States
Posts: 15,627
vCash: 500
Lets not go crazy with the Hall hype here, it's beginning to get embarassing. He's playing terrific hockey but i don't think he's even in the top 10 of Hart candidates.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:14 PM
  #36
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,950
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Lets not go crazy with the Hall hype here, it's beginning to get embarassing. He's playing terrific hockey but i don't think he's even in the top 10 of Hart candidates.
I think the people who're asking if he gets consideration if he keeps this tear up have a good argument for him to be given serious consideration for being nominated, but yeah. We're crazy.

Crosby
Kane
--- I don't know.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:59 PM
  #37
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar McLaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evets 81 View Post
And the Ted Lindsay Award, the Selke, Lady Byng, probably the Norris, Vezina, Jennings Trophy, and why not the Jack Adams Award too!
Don't forget the Nazem Kadri Memorial Trophy.

Trafalgar McLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:30 PM
  #38
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel
 
nexttothemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,654
vCash: 50
Crosby
Kane
Subban

Those would likely be the 3 finalists if the Hart vote were held today.

If Craig Anderson wouldn't have been hurt AND if he'd have kept up those phenomenal numbers he was posting early in the season... he'd very likely be a contender right now as well.

Stamkos certainly deserves some votes as well but his team being in the crapper and closer to the basement than a playoff spot means he likely won't get many votes. Stamkos will still get a hell of a lot more than Hall though.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:04 AM
  #39
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse
 
Hockey Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,418
vCash: 500
I'd say no at this point, because Hall's complete domination is only a relatively recent phenomenon, but he is quite obviously a special player. Next year, if his play continues at this level, I would say, without a doubt, yes, he deserves strong consideration.

Hockey Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:50 AM
  #40
Master Lok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,068
vCash: 500
The OP should be banned from starting threads ever again for bringing up such a silly suggestion. Or he/she must be from Toronto.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:15 AM
  #41
shoop
HFBoards Sponsor
 
shoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,922
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Crosby
Kane
Subban

Those would likely be the 3 finalists if the Hart vote were held today.

If Craig Anderson wouldn't have been hurt AND if he'd have kept up those phenomenal numbers he was posting early in the season... he'd very likely be a contender right now as well.

Stamkos certainly deserves some votes as well but his team being in the crapper and closer to the basement than a playoff spot means he likely won't get many votes. Stamkos will still get a hell of a lot more than Hall though.
Agreed on all but Subban.

Subban is having a great year, but in the past 50 years the only Ds who have won the Hart are name Pronger and Orr. Subban is not having that good of a year. He'll be a finalist for the Norris, but at this point I wouldn't think he'd win it. Why did he have to sit out for a two year contract at $2.9M a year?

Blown away by how good Anderson was to start the year. If he makes it back for the playoffs the Sens have a chance to make some noise.

Crosby-Kane-Stamkos

If Crosby is out the rest of the season maybe Kane or Stamkos slide in there.

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:49 AM
  #42
popo
Registered User
 
popo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
In terms of being a top three vote finisher - no.
But as people submit their top five Hart candidates (with a point system that varies by how they rank them) I would fully expect him to get some voting points. Certainly some fifth place votes.

popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:55 AM
  #43
Alex87
Registered User
 
Alex87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
It's really hard to judge who you give the hart trophy to this year because of the shortened season... but I give it to Crosby. I bet he'll be back before the playoffs start.
I guess he could rush it, but IMO there's no way. I've broken a jaw before and you need a couple of months to recover and it's a while before you can start doing strenuous physical activity again. He can't eat anything solid either, which means nutrition will be an issue. So once he's healed, conditioning will still be a factor. If the Penguins go to round 2 or later, I could see it, but my best guess is he's out for a while.

Sorry to go O/T.

Alex87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:59 AM
  #44
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size
 
OneMoreAstronaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,994
vCash: 1360
At best he'll win the Ted Lindsay award, the poor man's Hart trophy

OneMoreAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:03 PM
  #45
McNutty780
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 459
vCash: 500
maybe if the fifteen players or so above him got mysteriously kidnapped then yes

McNutty780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:23 PM
  #46
flashy
Fire Tambellini.
 
flashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,699
vCash: 360
Ah yes. Lets overrate hall more please. He's on a tear but the hart trophy? ...

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:39 PM
  #47
Matt19Oilers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 500
It would probably take a Corey Perry 2010-2011 type of feat: Oilers make the playoffs with Hall scoring like 10-15goals with 20-25 points in 13 games.

With that said, he may get some consideration, ie some 3rd place votes even if his numbers are a little below that but the Oilers make the playoffs.

Matt19Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:23 PM
  #48
shoop
HFBoards Sponsor
 
shoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,922
vCash: 50
Seems like Yakupov or Schultz might have a better chance at the Calder.

Not that either are having a great season, but no rookie really is.

If Yakupov goes on a tear it's not outrageous to see it happen.

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:36 PM
  #49
TheStroker
Registered User
 
TheStroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USA
Country: Norway
Posts: 975
vCash: 986
Crosby and Hall share the hart.

TheStroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:46 PM
  #50
SephF
Patreeky
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Ah yes. Lets overrate hall more please. He's on a tear but the hart trophy? ...
seriously

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.