HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal

Old
08-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Agalloch

vCash: 500
Proposal

Since there's a rumor out there about a possible NYI-MTL trade, I decided to begin a thread only to know your opinions about that.

NYI Gets:
Mike Komarisek
Radek Bonk

MTL Gets:
Radek Martinek
Jeremy Colliton
Sean Bergenheim

Signs Dumont

Lines after the trade: (wingers can be off wings, sorry for that)

Dumont - Koivu - Ryder
Samsonov - Ribeiro- Kovalev
Perezhogin - Plekanec - Higgins
Murray - Begin - Johnson

spare: downey

Markov
Souray
Rivet
Bouillon
Dandenault
Martinek

spare: Streit

Thoughts?

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 10:27 AM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by st4ticx View Post
Since there's a rumor out there about a possible NYI-MTL trade, I decided to begin a thread only to know your opinions about that.

NYI Gets:
Mike Komarisek
Radek Bonk

MTL Gets:
Radek Martinek
Jeremy Colliton
Sean Bergenheim

Signs Dumont

Dumont - Koivu - Ryder
Murray - Begin - Johnson

Markov
Souray
Rivet
Bouillon
Dandenault
Martinek

Thoughts?

No thanks. Bergenheim hasn't been able to crack their lineup as an everyday player. Martinek is no Komisarek. Collinton, meh. We don't improve our blueline in this deal, so there's no point.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

I dont see how we get Dumont from that trade.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Agalloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
I dont see how we get Dumont from that trade.
Maybe I didn't write it right but it was meant to sign him by freeing money by trading Bonk.

Old
08-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Fozz

This whole NYI trade rumor make no sense at all for the Habs. We don't need an infusion of young talented forwards because we already have more than enough good forward prospects and we can't afford to let a guy like Komisarek go because of the lack of solid young dmen.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
I would love to acquire Colliton as I think he'll develop into a pretty decent player, and it would be great to reunite him with Chipchura for 1 year in Hamilton.

But first of all, this rumour is total garbage. It was posted by some random guy claiming to be Eklund's brother on HockeyBuzz's forums, who had just registered that day.

So it's not a real rumour. But it is somewhat interesting I guess. All in all, with Bergenheim playing in Russia this year, I'm more than happy to keep Komisarek.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Mike Komisarek is far and away the best asset in this deal from a Habs perspective, IMO, and none of the other elements added together could provide incentive to move him.

To me, this is clearly a deal fabricated from the minds of those who want to see the Habs sign Dumont, and are putting 2 and 2 together to get 5. We saw this little mutant plant spring from it's earlier seeds, and we see where it is today. Pure nonsense.

Colliton and Bergenheim are nice players who I'm sure Gainey would appreciate. I like them both. This isn't so much about them, or about their value on paper, though. We have bundles of such players on the way with Chipchura, Lapierre, Ferland, White, etc, and there is no real incentive to go trading from one of our areas of organisational weakness (defense) to add more in one of our areas of strengths. It's just not a sensible deal. Komisarek is a rare asset who is evolving into a solid top-4 defensemen, he's not immobile, he's physical, he's improving, and while I'm sure the Isles would be eager to get him, I just don't think the elements mentioned in this deal add up to his potential or his value to the Montreal Canadiens' organisation.

The whole Dumont fever thing in Montreal is bizarre. It must really be slow news times, I guess, when people are still working that angle in, despite all the clear indicators already given by Gainey and Dumont that the Habs are not pursuing him.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Cerebral

I don't get why the Habs would need another top 6 winger at the expense of a developing physical blueliner. Why grab a guy and push Johnson down to the fourth line? Why push Higgins down to the third line when he had a ton of success in the top 6?

Cerebral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Pat

another BS rumour. Komi is staying with the Habs. Gainey knows he's a big part of the Habs future on D. especially now with Souray, Rivet and Markov becoming UFA and not guaranted of signing with the habs..Komi becomes an untouchable IMO.
Bonk on the other hand. you can bet the farm that if Gainey gets an offer remotely interresting...he's gone
but Komi stays

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Agalloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
I don't get why the Habs would need another top 6 winger at the expense of a developing physical blueliner. Why grab a guy and push Johnson down to the fourth line? Why push Higgins down to the third line when he had a ton of success in the top 6?
First of all, I don't want Komi to be traded. The trade itself wouldn't solve our main problem like it was previously said, defense.

About another top 6 winger and to put Johnson on the 4th line, those questions could be answered with one word: depth.

We would be weaker in the back end so this trade is not really usefull. (Komisarek > Martinek)

Old
08-18-2006, 12:49 PM
StanAjax

Am I the only one that thought this was another wedding thread when reading the title ?

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Habsy

Higgins on the third line? Yeah ok.

Komisarek for their scrap just to take Bonk's contract? No thanks.

Heck Bonk is a better player than what is supposedly coming back our way.

Next.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Dr_Hook

These Komo rumours make no sense at all ! We finally developp a potent physical d-man, why the hel* would we trade him away, especially in a year where our top3 d-men are looking at becoming UFA at the end of the season ? So we could dump Bonk and sign Dumont ?? This is a non-sense ! I can't believe that rumour has resurfaced; it should have died after about 2 minutes of lucid thinking.

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post

Next.
Umm... I wouldn't go that far. I'm not sure I'd like this trade, but what the Habs receive is not "scrap." Colliton and Bergenheim are both very decent prospects.

Old
08-18-2006, 01:27 PM
MM425

IMO the habs are a worse team after this deal, even if they sign Dumont.

Komisarek was just hitting his stride the 2nd half of last year, getting more icetime under Gainey and Carbs.

IMO by the end of this year, he will be a bona-fide top 4 guy in the NHL... as much as I would like to get rid of Bonk, the deal is no dice for me.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 01:35 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:

NYI Gets:
Mike Komarisek
Radek Bonk

MTL Gets:
Radek Martinek
Jeremy Colliton
Sean Bergenheim

Thoughts?
Thought?

I think if the Habs expect to get maximum value for Komi,they need to take Bonk out of the deal.Isles have Yashin,York and Sillinger down the middle.

There's a credible nyi poster(Kvashnator),who's reported team info in the past.He says the Isles want the Habs to add Plekanac(sp) since the nyi are taking on Bonk's salary.

My guess is that they kick the tires,but in the end no trade goes down.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 01:37 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

Next.
You make yourself look lame when you know jack**** about other team prospects,but still post about them

Old
08-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Mike Komisarek is far and away the best asset in this deal from a Habs perspective, IMO, and none of the other elements added together could provide incentive to move him.

To me, this is clearly a deal fabricated from the minds of those who want to see the Habs sign Dumont, and are putting 2 and 2 together to get 5. We saw this little mutant plant spring from it's earlier seeds, and we see where it is today. Pure nonsense.

Colliton and Bergenheim are nice players who I'm sure Gainey would appreciate. I like them both. This isn't so much about them, or about their value on paper, though. We have bundles of such players on the way with Chipchura, Lapierre, Ferland, White, etc, and there is no real incentive to go trading from one of our areas of organisational weakness (defense) to add more in one of our areas of strengths. It's just not a sensible deal. Komisarek is a rare asset who is evolving into a solid top-4 defensemen, he's not immobile, he's physical, he's improving, and while I'm sure the Isles would be eager to get him, I just don't think the elements mentioned in this deal add up to his potential or his value to the Montreal Canadiens' organisation.

The whole Dumont fever thing in Montreal is bizarre. It must really be slow news times, I guess, when people are still working that angle in, despite all the clear indicators already given by Gainey and Dumont that the Habs are not pursuing him.
I agree with your logic and hope you're right about the fabrication part. Apparently that Wildcat48 is a respected poster with real inside sources on the Ducks front. Not sure how to take this. He stated both on the ducks and HF boards it was a done deal pending medical. So his credibility is somewhat at stake here with this kind of statement.

I wouldn't like this deal regardless of how "good" the Ilses' players are and I certainly think highly of Bergenheim. it doesn't address any need. It just weakens a position which isn't a strength (D) while overloading even more up front.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Habsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
You make yourself look lame when you know jack**** about other team prospects,but still post about them
I do know about their prospects jagoff. Bergenheim struggles to make their lineup, Martinek is a #5 dman at best and Colliton has potential but is not as ready as Komisarek is.

Just because you think their "prospects" are better than I do doesn't mean I don't know who they are. Next time, watch your mouth pissant.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
I agree with your logic and hope you're right about the fabrication part. Apparently that Wildcat48 is a respected poster with real inside sources on the Ducks front. Not sure how to take this. He stated both on the ducks and HF boards it was a done deal pending medical. So his credibility is somewhat at stake here with this kind of statement.

I wouldn't like this deal regardless of how "good" the Ilses' players are and I certainly think highly of Bergenheim. it doesn't address any need. It just weakens a position which isn't a strength (D) while overloading even more up front.
If it helps any, I don't see the rumour on the site where this Wildcat fellow posts any longer (though I may just be blind). And allegedly, when he was supposedly confirming it, he was also confirming a trade for Malkin.

Old
08-18-2006, 06:47 PM
habsfan44

Quote:

NYI Gets:
Mike Komarisek
Radek Bonk

MTL Gets:
Radek Martinek
Jeremy Colliton
Sean Bergenheim

Signs Dumont

Dumont - Koivu - Ryder
Murray - Begin - Johnson

Markov
Souray
Rivet
Bouillon
Dandenault
Martinek

Thoughts?
the question i find myself asking is , does this make us a better team either in the front end or the back ? the answer is no , does martinek replace komisarek ? no . are the prospects we get back any better than we already have on the way ? no . i also notice that martinek is the only player who gets inserted into the lineup after the trade , that imo is a severe downgrade on the back end , oh and of course the saviour errr... i mean dumont . yet another frail attempt at getting him in the lineup . WILL SOME TEAM OTHER THAN MONTREAL SIGN THAT BUM AND PUT AN END TO THIS NONSENSE , PLEASE .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Doc Hock

Let me get this stratight, we take arookie (Higgins) off the 1st line and replace him with a vet (Dumont) who scored fewer goals

doc hock

Doc Hock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
They would want Plekanec as well?

Might as well just give up Higgins, Markov, Latendresse, Koivu and the Bell Center in the deal as well if the goal is to make an illogical trade.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2006, 07:07 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I do know about their prospects jagoff. Bergenheim struggles to make their lineup, Martinek is a #5 dman at best and Colliton has potential but is not as ready as Komisarek is.

Just because you think their "prospects" are better than I do doesn't mean I don't know who they are. Next time, watch your mouth pissant.
If you knew about their prospects,you'd know that Bergenheim and Nilsson were their two best forward prospects,after the trade deadline deals got them recalled to LI.You'd know that he signed with the RSL team after the isles called his bluff on the 1 way contract,knowing that they have 2-3 other forward prospects,with a legitimate chance of sticking with the big club.

and you didn't say Colliton had potential.You said he and Bergenheim were scraps.

Next time do a little homework on the other team's prospects.You won't look so clueless.

Old
08-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

The only way this rumour makes sense is if there is a third team involved, one looking to give up a good defenceman.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote