HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

April 3rd Deadline Approaching

Old
04-03-2013, 12:46 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Yesterday was the exciting one. Quite a few decent size trades have happened "at the deadline", just not on deadline day. Jagr, Iginla, Clowe, Roy, Regehr, Murray, Morrow, etc. Could be better, but not awful by any means.
Basically a Calgary and Dallas firesale with the Sharks moving an underperforming pending UFA.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:46 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
He is an incredibly talented young player. Some of the things he can do with the puck are absolutely Datsyuk-like (and I'm not someone who tends toward hyperbole with young players), which is something that has long been absent in this organization. He is a very smart player, and is very capable at a two-way game. He could absolutely be a legit #1 center if he puts it all together consistently. At worst, he becomes the new Legwand.
Look at his stat lines from the previous poster, 8 points in 34 games. All these kids are talented players. Most can do amazing things with the puck. Difference is being able to do it night in and night out and he hasn't been able to do it. You want to see progression in any young player and that really hasn't been the case with him. I just don't see him as an answer.

Look, at the end of the day, Wilson and Smith look to be the future in the pivot for the top two lines. Unless we can acquire someone who can bump Smith down, that is probably our future whether we like it or not. Spaling will probably be our third line guy. Watson will probably move to wing to play a top 9 role for us.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:48 PM
deanwormer

Quote:
He is an incredibly talented young player. Some of the things he can do with the puck are absolutely Datsyuk-like (and I'm not someone who tends toward hyperbole with young players), which is something that has long been absent in this organization. He is a very smart player, and is very capable at a two-way game. He could absolutely be a legit #1 center if he puts it all together consistently. At worst, he becomes the new Legwand.
We already have a talented guy that can't seem to put actual points up - he's wearing #15.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Nitrous Mafia

https://twitter.com/PredsNHL/status/...600704/photo/1

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
Look at his stat lines from the previous poster, 8 points in 34 games. All these kids are talented players. Most can do amazing things with the puck. Difference is being able to do it night in and night out and he hasn't been able to do it. You want to see progression in any young player and that really hasn't been the case with him. I just don't see him as an answer.

Look, at the end of the day, Wilson and Smith look to be the future in the pivot for the top two lines. Unless we can acquire someone who can bump Smith down, that is probably our future whether we like it or not. Spaling will probably be our third line guy. Watson will probably move to wing to play a top 9 role for us.
Stat lines can be pretty deceiving. For instance, the 21 year old playing almost exclusively in defensive and PK situations has a whopping 1 point less, in 1 more game, than one of our "future pivots."

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:00 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

I've never seen a pic of a war room on deadline day. That's pretty sweet.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:02 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Stat lines can be pretty deceiving. For instance, the 21 year old playing almost exclusively in defensive and PK situations has a whopping 1 point less, in 1 more game, than one of our "future pivots."
So where's the upgrade? It's not like Smith is getting big minutes either. Gaustad is playing with Erat and SK instead of him right now so I'm not necessarily seeing why we give up one of our better wingers for a guy that isn't going to get put into those situations either.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
So where's the upgrade? It's not like Smith is getting big minutes either. Gaustad is playing with Erat and SK instead of him right now so I'm not necessarily seeing why we give up one of our better wingers for a guy that isn't going to get put into those situations either.
SK isn't long for this organization, imo. If you have the chance to move him, with a pick, for a very talented center with top 6 upside, but is a solid defensive anchor at worst, I don't see the loss.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:13 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
SK isn't long for this organization, imo. If you have the chance to move him, with a pick, for a very talented center with top 6 upside, but is a solid defensive anchor at worst, I don't see the loss.
I think this is one of our problems. We look for guys with upside that may or may not pan out. SK, while he may not be a fan favorite at this point, is a decent hockey player. If we're going to trade him, we need to get a sure thing in return, not a guy who may pan out. We need to use our assets wisely.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:23 PM
thecloser

i'd like to see what is on that dry erase board.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:31 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Poile is looking out the window for suter to pull up any minute now...

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:35 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I think Watson will stay at center, he's Mike Fisher cloned over, just bigger.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:40 PM
weeze

Am hearing Gaborik possibly to CBJ and Pominville to Minny... Gab has to waive his NTC, Minny must not be on the 8 teams I won't go to list.

Preds...

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:55 PM
hockey diva

We have very little to offer so I'm not surprised we aren't able to do anything.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:57 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

The one year rental overpaid players is the type of deal we need to stay away from.

We don't need band-aides

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:58 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Poile is too safe. His time is up imo

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Jarnberg

We are looking pretty bare prospect and pick wise in terms of really solid NHL talent. With how bad we are this year it would be stupid to move assets for a rental.

That being said, we need to be offloading players. But that is hard with the NMCs. We can't even properly rebuild

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:03 PM
hockey diva

I don't blame Poile for not doing anything on this trade deadline. He did last season and it blew up in our faces. We aren't going to make the playoffs anyway. I blame Poile for the over all mismanagement of assets and player negotiations, poor forward drafting and keeping Trotz. We are a black hole franchise wise right now. Time for some new voices in the FO and behind the bench.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:04 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

We need to clean the house. Sick of being mediocre. Hannan is all we dumped.., Poile is a *****

Old
04-03-2013, 02:04 PM
thecloser

Am I the only one that is pissed about Gaborik and Pominville? How do we not pull one of those guys? Looking at the returns the NYR and BUF got we coulda offered similar or better.

Atleast in the Gabby trade. Poile WTF?

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:05 PM
weeze

Gaborik has been better than a point per game player since 05-06. Wonder if we made any offer or asked what it would take?

Pominville going for (per reports) a backup Goalie (Hacket 0-1-0), a winger (Larsson 20yo with no points) who has played 1 NHL game. WOW! We could not beat that deal!!

We moved Hannan for conditional 7/6 round pick.

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
We need to clean the house. Sick of being mediocre. Hannan is all we dumped.., Poile is a *****
The only other possibilities I could see were Gill and SK, and who knows what interest, if any, there was there.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Jarnberg

Hopefully Poile can clean house more after the season is over and stock up for this draft.

Hannan for a 7th is disappointing but with the contracts Poile handed out, it is hard to move players.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:08 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Am I the only one that is pissed about Gaborik and Pominville? How do we not pull one of those guys? Looking at the returns the NYR and BUF got we coulda offered similar or better.

Atleast in the Gabby trade. Poile WTF?
Oh it makes me livid.

We are always safe. Poile never trades roster players. Neve trades for big names. (forsberg doesn't count)

He's safe way too safe. Like a conservative old man.

I'm really annoyed with the same ol **** every damn year after almost 20 years. I'm starting to enjoy watching AC Milan more

Old
04-03-2013, 02:10 PM
hockey diva

Some of it is players not wanting to come here. Sorry but Columbus seems to have finally got it's act together and should do well in the next few seasons. Pomm is going to a solid playoff team in a very strong hockey market. We have NOTHING to offer these guys. Weber would be on the first plane out of here if he could.