HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dmitri Jaskin - Signed to 3 year deal by Blues

Old
04-03-2013, 11:25 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Slightly different situation here. Since Jaškin wouldn't be eligible for a slide rule contract, we have almost certainly signed him to a pre-dated ELC that won't start until July 1. So even if we get a raft of injuries, no chance of Jaškin getting a call up this season.
Remind me why he's not eligible for a slide-rule contract. Swedes and Finns are, but Czechs aren't?

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Remind me why he's not eligible for a slide-rule contract. Swedes and Finns are, but Czechs aren't?
You are only eligible for a slide rule contract if you are 18 or 19 when you sign, Jaškin turned 20 in the last couple of weeks. So we have probably signed him to a deal that starts in July.

He could still end up in Peoria this season though, with an AHL deal.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:32 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
You are only eligible for a slide rule contract if you are 18 or 19 when you sign, Jaškin turned 20 in the last couple of weeks. So we have probably signed him to a deal that starts in July.

He could still end up in Peoria this season though, with an AHL deal.
Gotcha. That's right. Wonder why the Blues didn't sign him before he turned 20. They signed other guys a few weeks ago.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Alklha

Been waiting for him to sort out his contract situation with Slavia Prague for the past few months. We've had the contract agreed with Jaškin since before the WJC, but he had a contract with Slavia until 2014 that he had to buy out.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:41 AM
SirPaste

Quote:
Gotcha. That's right. Wonder why the Blues didn't sign him before he turned 20. They signed other guys a few weeks ago.
Something to do with him still being under contract with his team from the Czech league

SirPaste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:43 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

With now Jaskin joining the group of Rattie and Lehtera having legitimate shots of making the roster with a big camp, our summer could be even more interesting than this deadline was.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

vCash: 500
St. Louis Blues

Prospect Dmitrij Jaskin has signed a three-year entry-level contract. Jaskin will report to the Peoria Rivermen. http://*******/10xo2Rd

Crumblin Erb Brooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:12 PM
BlueDream

Awesome.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

How realistic is to think one of Lehtara/Jaskin/Rattie makes the roster out of camp?

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:16 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
How realistic is to think one of Lehtara/Jaskin/Rattie makes the roster out of camp?
I'd say Lehtera is very likely if he signs. We'll get a better idea depending on how the playoffs go and what Army does at the draft.

What if he plans on one or two of them making the roster since Lehtera isn't a complete rookie and he moves one of the forwards for a top draft pick and other things. I definitely wouldn't rule out us getting our center in the 1st round.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:17 PM
BlueDream

I'd say no chance on Rattie.

Lehtera and Jaskin may have outside chances depending on how they perform in camp...But with our depth, barring some moves up front, I'd guess at least one of those 2, if not both, start the year in Peoria but I could definitely see both getting called up at some point.

I think Rattie will just spend the year in Peoria. To me, due to his smaller size, I don't think he'd be quite as ready as the others, and we don't really need him yet.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:21 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

If Jaskin is reporting to the Rivermen, I don't see why the Blues couldn't call him up in a pinch.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:25 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
If Jaskin is reporting to the Rivermen, I don't see why the Blues couldn't call him up in a pinch.
Maybe they do what they did with Schwartz, but I doubt it. Last season we had everything pretty much taken care off, this season we can't really have him playing or taking up too much space during practice.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:26 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
I'd say no chance on Rattie.

Lehtera and Jaskin may have outside chances depending on how they perform in camp...But with our depth, barring some moves up front, I'd guess at least one of those 2, if not both, start the year in Peoria but I could definitely see both getting called up at some point.

I think Rattie will just spend the year in Peoria. To me, due to his smaller size, I don't think he'd be quite as ready as the others, and we don't really need him yet.
I could see Rattie pulling a Perron though because of his skill. That would all depend on us moving a winger for salary reasons though. He is the most unlikely of the 3 though.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
If we sign Lehterä then he is going to be on the Blues next season. He will sign a 1-way contract, and the only way we offer him that is if we see him as a regular next season.

Rattie absolutely needs AHL time, and I think the relative inexperience of Schwartz and Tarasenko will make sure that Jaškin starts in the AHL as well.

Quote:
He is doing the same thing as Yannick Veilleux. His Blues contract doesn't begin until July 1, but he has joined up with the Rivermen today.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:44 PM
SirPaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I could see Rattie pulling a Perron though because of his skill. That would all depend on us moving a winger for salary reasons though. He is the most unlikely of the 3 though.
The only difference is that when Perron made the team we were lacking offense and now are miles ahead in skilled forwards then we were back then.

SirPaste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
It's tough to say. Really I think any one of them could make it if they really worked their ass off and impressed Hitch. That's a whole other line we have too. Jaskin-Lehtera-Rattie, the problem is fitting them on the roster when they are NHL ready. We are just too deep and too young

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:21 PM
oPlaiD

McDonald is leaving and Lehtera can slide into the lineup to replace him, with Schwarz eating up the extra balance of minutes, with Lehtera as the 3rd line center. That lets Steen stay back on the wing and means we don't need to rely on Sobotka at C, and improves the team in the faceoff circle.

Seems like a perfect situation, barring a big trade.

oPlaiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:27 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oPlaiD View Post
McDonald is leaving and Lehtera can slide into the lineup to replace him, with Schwarz eating up the extra balance of minutes, with Lehtera as the 3rd line center. That lets Steen stay back on the wing and means we don't need to rely on Sobotka at C, and improves the team in the faceoff circle.

Seems like a perfect situation, barring a big trade.
Marek was an awful goalie, can't imagine what he'd be like as a forward.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:22 PM
BeardedBlues88

Quote:
Marek was an awful goalie, can't imagine what he'd be like as a forward.
I lol'd

BeardedBlues88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Bluesman91

Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland
The #stlblues wanted Dmitrij Jaskin signed before the deadline to allow the team to call him up as some point. Good chance he sees NHL games

Old
04-03-2013, 02:32 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland
The #stlblues wanted Dmitrij Jaskin signed before the deadline to allow the team to call him up as some point. Good chance he sees NHL games
So Jaskin won't be seeing any games then.

Seriously though it doesn't make any sense. We need to win games and unless we get a crapton of injuries, there isn't a spot. I haven't watched a ton of him, so maybe he really is NHL ready, guess we'll see.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Alklha

What? Prospects don't need to be signed before the trade deadline to be eligible to play, do they?

We signed Schwartz after the trade deadline last season and he played. Have the rules changed or is this just typical Strickland?

Old
04-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:

Seriously though it doesn't make any sense. We need to win games and unless we get a crapton of injuries, there isn't a spot. I haven't watched a ton of him, so maybe he really is NHL ready, guess we'll see.
Don't forget Schwartz got called up to play last year for a few games. If Jaskin comes up from injuries he would still only be playing on the 3rd line.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:

So could Jaskin only play 5 games or less for the Blues? I thought he was just signing for this season with Peoria, not the Blues. If he is eligible to play in STL, I agree we dont see him unless we lose another 1-2 top 9 guys to injury

Crumblin Erb Brooks is online now   Reply With Quote