HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[OTT/TB] Ben Bishop traded to Tampa Bay for Cory Conacher and 4th round pick

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 02:34 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

vCash: 500
Conacher may not be as good as his hot start, but I also wonder how Bishop will play in a different system.

It's not the absolute steal that people are making it out to be, but I'm pretty pleased.

Bishop is a good goalie. He moves well for his size, he's great in shootouts, and he's well-liked and a good guy in the room.

Old
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswrjobe53 View Post
#FireYzerman
You're out of your damn mind. Seriously.

I don't like this deal either, for the record. I don't think Bishop is the answer and I think Conacher could have been part of a deal for a better goalie, especially with how overrated he apparently is on this board.

But you're out of your mind. Fire him for what? For dealing a guy who may or may not be a big deal for another guy who may or may not be a big deal?

Tampa fans are the absolute worst.

Old
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Excuse my language, but if you look up trade-**** in the dictionary, Yzerman's picture can be found there.

Second leading rookie scorer plus a 4th rounder for a two-time cast-off backup goalie.

Wouldn't be surprised if Steve gets the axe in the next 2 years.
For the record, Bishop wasn't "cast off" from St. Louis. He was stuck behind two good NHL goalies at the time. He was traded because everybody and their brother knew he was going to walk and try to get an NHL job.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Altimus
Probably drunk

Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
Until I see some on ice results I'm very sceptical of Ott winning this but he is the kind of player I was hoping to land.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

I'm fairly pleased.

Think it's a win/win situation. Bishop is a beauty and will do good in TB I'm sure.

Old
Cigar City

Lol. no.

Old
calahanzoer

Good patience stevie. Lindbäck has looked good before injury. Don't understand this at all.

Old
Petes2424

Nice, fair hockey trade

Old
04-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Tundra

Cory Conacher is another undersized U.S. college product in over his head as a center. I think he can excel on the PP with his skillset, but he's not a surefire top 6 guy given his limitations.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:37 PM
RhyZa

Conacher has a great motor and drive. With Ottawa's speedsters I think he'll fit right in.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:38 PM
H2ODP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
you guys must be joking CC is a 23 year old rookie that has really cooled off as of late... he's going to max out as a 50 point forward at best. Bishop is a 1B goalie, not a bad tandem to have. Not a tandem I would want but yeah, your acting like he's a future 70 point player which he will NEVER be.
You know all of this how?

Old
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs in five View Post
goalies since Khabby in Tampa: John Grahame, Marc Denis, Johan Homlqvist, Mike Smith, Olaf Kolzig, Cédrick Desjardins, Dan Ellis, Rollie the Goalie, Lindback, Garon, Bishop.

i am probably missing at least a couple, right?
You are missing loads, Tampa has used the most goalies post-lockout. Something like 22 or 23.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calahanzoer View Post
Good patience stevie. Lindbäck has looked good before injury. Don't understand this at all.
Give him some competition and keeps Garon out of net for the rest of this season.

Old
stingo

If I was an Ottawa fan, I'd be pumped. If I was a Tampa fan I'd be pumped too. I think this trade will probably work out okay for both teams. Time will tell.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:40 PM
McFist
sfbkjasd sihfdoif_(!

Quote:
you guys must be joking CC is a 23 year old rookie that has really cooled off as of late... he's going to max out as a 50 point forward at best. Bishop is a 1B goalie, not a bad tandem to have. Not a tandem I would want but yeah, your acting like he's a future 70 point player which he will NEVER be.
What the hell do you know? Seriously? Such certainty about players you wouldn't have watched yet for even a whole season

Old
04-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Loose Sens
Drafting my Overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Conacher may not be as good as his hot start, but I also wonder how Bishop will play in a different system.

It's not the absolute steal that people are making it out to be, but I'm pretty pleased.

Bishop is a good goalie. He moves well for his size, he's great in shootouts, and he's well-liked and a good guy in the room.
It might be just me but I'm not a huge fan of Ottawa's system in its own end. Yeah our GAA is low but we give up a lot of shots and there's often nights where those shots are good quality chances.

Conacher has slowed down - he's not 30 though, so maybe this works out really well for Ottawa over the years.

That being said since I'm not sold on Ottawa in their own end - Bishop is good, relatively young for a goaltender, seems to be a genuinely nice guy and has kept Ottawa in a position to be in the playoffs.

If your team is struggling with goaltending (I don't know if Tampa is but the commentators say so) - he's worth the gamble even if it's Conacher.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:42 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Sounds like Tyler Bozak (who incidentally was also a 23 year old rookie).

He's not a franchise player, I don't think any Ottawa fan is saying so.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:44 PM
McFist
sfbkjasd sihfdoif_(!

I'm really happy with Murray's move here for sure. Yesterday I wouldn't have expected to get Conacher straight up for Bishop, let alone an additional 4th. Murray really stuck to his horses when he said he'd only trade Bishop for the right price.

But a lot of people are really dumping unnecessarily on Bishop here. He has proven that he has starter potential in him at the end of last season and throughout this season too. And at this point Conacher is no more proven than Bishop, so I don't see it as a huge fleecing. The move works for both sides, who dealt from positions of depth.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:45 PM
GuillaumeLetsundress
Formerly Pheramone

i like this trade for ottawa, had a surplus of goalies and got a great young forward, plus a 4th pick, couldnt get better than that!

Old
04-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

I think TB fans just really like Conacher. I do too. I just honestly dont know a whole lot about Bishop. I also speculate if Cooper and Conacher dont get a long a whole lot. Weve heard him bench him a few times and also might explain why we brought him up over Johnson. Keep Cooper and Conacher away from each other. Just speculation on my part but it would make sense. TB needs goaltending and is loaded at forward. Its not that bad of a deal for TB. Bishop could be a great goaltender for us while Conacher just has his glory AHL days. Who knows.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchered View Post
You're out of your damn mind. Seriously.

I don't like this deal either, for the record. I don't think Bishop is the answer and I think Conacher could have been part of a deal for a better goalie, especially with how overrated he apparently is on this board.

But you're out of your mind. Fire him for what? For dealing a guy who may or may not be a big deal for another guy who may or may not be a big deal?

Tampa fans are the absolute worst.
You're going to hate Bishop for letting a weak one only to realize that he's stopped 31 of 32 shots and you're winning 3-1. The guy is a good goaltender. Sad to see Bishop go but someone had to be moved.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Chukcha

wut???! Conacher is the next MSL! they have upcoming Vasilevsky as a long-time No1, what the heck they got rid of Conacher???

Old
04-03-2013, 02:47 PM
GenericFan2*

Huge steal for the Sens IMO. Wow, Conacher for Bishop? Seriously? GJ Murray.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:47 PM
CR15

standard everyone starts downing on Conacher but im more then sure very few would of agreed to a Bishop for Conacher swap 3 hours ago

Old
04-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Gil Gunderson

I expected we'd get a 2nd or something. I like this deal a lot.

Bish also has the potential to be great in Tampa. Could be a risk, as he'll be in our division next year.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:49 PM
boltsfanatic

If giving up a young player, I would MUCH rather it be Conacher than Killorn, Johnson, Panik, or Palat. They are all around better players - at both ends of the ice.

Closed Thread