HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline - TSN vs Sportsnet - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 02:57 PM
CCF23

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
LTE, can you answer my question from last page?

Old
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbler View Post
Sure it would be good if he came back, but we would get screwed over by the refs.
We already are getting screwed by the refs.

Old
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post

So, San Jose trading away Murray/Clowe made them stronger?

Do people here really think that we can't beat Chicago with everybody back? There were no players seemingly available to really improve the club without trading a big piece back. We've played the entire season without one of the best centers in the game.

****ing ****.
Its simple.

People expect us to trade away prospects and assets to make the current team better, while trading away roster players for other assets aswell.

Jeez our fan base whines too much.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:58 PM
ahmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
Since it was Florida's 3rd, a 5th doesn't come close to equalizing that deal. At the draft, it usually takes two picks close to the one you want to move up, so the Canucks would probably had to have given up two thirds at the very least. And even then, Phoenix would have good reason to still want the 3rd from Florida over what the Canucks' thirds from both 2013 and 2014.
like I said, Gillis could have just kept torres.

made no sense to let him go, and then later offer a 3rd round to get him back.

Old
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
How exactly do we have the same holes? Kesler as #3C (if that's what you consider him) is better than anything we've ever had.

Not to mention that the one time the PP was clicking was when Kesler came back for 7 games.
Okay my biggest issue has been the 2nd line RW spot for 3 years right now it's still Mason Raymond.

There's nothing about this club right now that makes me think they have any chance in a playoff run, unless the goaltending is out of this world.

Worst powerplay in the league over a year now, mediocre PK, defense in shambles, bottom 5 in faceoffs.

The blip made by Roy and Kesler might keep the Canucks in the playoffs but the same holes from before are still there.

Old
Plebeian
Play Your Game

Only loss was that we didn't add a depth defense man. Pretty clear that Gilman was sure they would land either one of Clowe or Torres but it just didn't pan out. Not sure why Clowe said that he would love to play for AV again and then choose NY. Wonder how he feels now that Gaborik is gone.

Old
m9

I wanted a 3rd/4th line winger and a RH depth d-man. Not trading Luongo is secondary to me, although I sure was hoping it would get done.

Old
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Okay my biggest issue has been the 2nd line RW spot for 3 years right now it's still Mason Raymond.

There's nothing about this club right now that makes me think they have any chance in a playoff run, unless the goaltending is out of this world.

Worst powerplay in the league over a year now, mediocre PK, defense in shambles, bottom 5 in faceoffs.

The blip made by Roy and Kesler might keep the Canucks in the playoffs but the same holes from before are still there.
Raymond isn't even the RW. It's Jannik Hansen — the guy that's Top 60 in the NHL in ES scoring.

Closed Thread