HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Kreider

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
torts is a complete idiot with kreider. doesn't know how to manage talent. that's why richards and gaborik are so severely underperforming. #FIRE_TORTS #WINNING
Care to explain last season when Richards and Gaborik both had solid years?

Or does that conflict too much with your false narrative?

Old
04-02-2013, 04:29 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Care to explain last season when Richards and Gaborik both had solid years?

Or does that conflict too much with your false narrative?

Old
04-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
If that was sarcasm, its unfortunately tough to detect on this board with so many people believing that Torts is the main reason for Kreider's difficulties....that all would be well if a flawed player could just roam free.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:16 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
I don't really get it - I think he was good about getting back and frankly has been the superior player to Miller. I liked all of his 3 shifts. Didn't understand why he didn't get more ice time.
This

Old
04-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
If that was sarcasm, its unfortunately tough to detect on this board with so many people believing that Torts is the main reason for Kreider's difficulties....that all would be well if a flawed player could just roam free.
FREE KREIDER!!!

Old
04-02-2013, 09:00 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I don't really think Kreider or Miller can be trusted in defensive situations. Kreider trusts his speed too much and leaves too much space between himself and the point man. And he has weird habits with his stick when he goes to block shots. It clearly isn't natural to him.

Miller gets lost in coverage a lot.

I don't think it's hurting either to get 3rd/4th line minutes. Miller is especially mature. I don't expect him to spend much time in the AHL at all. Kreider may need some more tuning up, and if they make another move I'm guessing he'll be back there.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:09 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
So because Kreider and Miller have no/little experience, they should be kept from playing and gaining experience so the team can "keep winning" (lol). But the organization wants them to develop. But they're on the bench for 3/4 of the game or playing with grinders on the 4th line instead of having top-flight minutes in the AHL playing in a variety of roles/situations. I don't get why Kreider and Miller were looked at to solve the offense problem here. Neither are allowed to play through anything (well Miller is/was) and get glued to the bench if they blink wrong. And if Torts isn't confident in them and doesn't trust them, why does he suddenly trust them to create all this offense for a team like this? And then proceeds to play them for less than 10mins a game? Everything said and done is completely contradictory to each other and what the supposed intent was to having them on the Rangers.
we're fighting for our lives to get into the playoffs!! its not time for development right now in the form of a lot of playing mins.. every game from here on out we need max points/ws.. cant trust young players in times when we need ws.. torts will play the hot guys the most.. nash callahan step hags and lean on gabs and richards bc they are vets and still are a threat out there.. even as much as theyve been playing bad you need max mins to get them going..

Old
04-02-2013, 09:26 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I don't really think Kreider or Miller can be trusted in defensive situations. Kreider trusts his speed too much and leaves too much space between himself and the point man. And he has weird habits with his stick when he goes to block shots. It clearly isn't natural to him.

Miller gets lost in coverage a lot.

I don't think it's hurting either to get 3rd/4th line minutes. Miller is especially mature. I don't expect him to spend much time in the AHL at all. Kreider may need some more tuning up, and if they make another move I'm guessing he'll be back there.
I pointed that out to my friends a few times. Glad I'm not the only one to notice it.

And Miller's middle name right now should be Liability. Between his in-zone coverage and turnovers he has become brutal. I don't hate the kid, but he should be in the AHL.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
So because Kreider and Miller have no/little experience, they should be kept from playing and gaining experience so the team can "keep winning" (lol). But the organization wants them to develop. But they're on the bench for 3/4 of the game or playing with grinders on the 4th line instead of having top-flight minutes in the AHL playing in a variety of roles/situations. I don't get why Kreider and Miller were looked at to solve the offense problem here. Neither are allowed to play through anything (well Miller is/was) and get glued to the bench if they blink wrong. And if Torts isn't confident in them and doesn't trust them, why does he suddenly trust them to create all this offense for a team like this? And then proceeds to play them for less than 10mins a game? Everything said and done is completely contradictory to each other and what the supposed intent was to having them on the Rangers.
Definitely not a ideal situation for us as fans and certainly not for Kreider and Miller either.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
we're fighting for our lives to get into the playoffs!! its not time for development right now in the form of a lot of playing mins.. every game from here on out we need max points/ws.. cant trust young players in times when we need ws.. torts will play the hot guys the most.. nash callahan step hags and lean on gabs and richards bc they are vets and still are a threat out there.. even as much as theyve been playing bad you need max mins to get them going..
So people are saying to send them to the AHL. Are we not all in agreement here?

Old
04-02-2013, 11:22 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
I pointed that out to my friends a few times. Glad I'm not the only one to notice it.

And Miller's middle name right now should be Liability. Between his in-zone coverage and turnovers he has become brutal. I don't hate the kid, but he should be in the AHL.
I think Miller will benefit fine from the experience right now of just being with the team even if he only gets 5-8 minuets a night, and if we can afford to send him down after the deadline, so be it. Like I said, definitely a liability at times, but does create offense and wins faceoffs. And mature beyond his years. I don't think a benching or a lack of minutes is going to mentally mess the kid up or hurt his development.

I could see Kreider being a different story. If I recall it correctly the big knock on him coming up to begin with was he didn't have the best head on his shoulders. Don't know if that was more about hockey sense or maturity or what, just vaguely remember it being a mental thing that kept him from being a bigger deal coming into the draft.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:40 PM
stan the caddy

It's on Kreider. Played well in the playoffs last year but stunk it up in the AHL this year. That didn't have anything to do with Torts.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:45 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the caddy View Post
It's on Kreider. Played well in the playoffs last year but stunk it up in the AHL this year. That didn't have anything to do with Torts.
scored a goal 2 games ago... what does he have to do to stay in the lineup?

Old
04-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Have jam oozing out of every orafice.

I kid. He's got work to do and will benefit from top 6 minutes in the AHL. The Rangers are in a playoff hunt and Torts can't afford to let the kids go through the growing pains right now. So its AHL or pine. You pick.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Be consistent. Show interest every shift. Learn a TON about playing away from the puck.

I think that just about scratches the surface. He stunk this season...just a huge disappointment. And the lion's share of the blame for it is on him.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:53 PM
NikC

Quote:
Be consistent. Show interest every shift. Learn a TON about playing away from the puck.

I think that just about scratches the surface. He stunk this season...just a huge disappointment. And the lion's share of the blame for it is on him.
the mark of a rookie is inconsistency...

lack of interest... ? really?

Learn a TON...

********! This one falls at the doorstep of Tortellini. poor utilization and lack of patience.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 04-03-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old
04-03-2013, 12:56 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
He's got to play better than he has. The tap in the other night was nice but he's got to use his speed more and he's got to be better defensively.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:57 PM
stan the caddy

Tortellini wasn't coaching him in Hartford. We all knew this was an issue before the lockout ended.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:17 PM
haveandare

Quote:
the mark of a rookie is inconsistency...

lack of interest... ? really?

Learn a TON...

********! This one falls at the doorstep of Tortellini. poor utilization and lack of patience.
Literally everything falls on Torts all the time if you haven't noticed. Nobody is ever given even a tiny amount of responsibility for their own play.

Kreider has done almost nothing to warrant the type of NHL minutes he needs to get to make it worthwhile to keep him up. He looked good in 2 games that I can recall. Incosistency is one thing, but this is a higher level than should be tolerated at this point in the season. Also, inconsistency is more acceptable when the highs are really high. Scoring a goal a few games ago isn't the type of high necessary to deal with his lows.

Old
04-03-2013, 03:16 PM
MTrangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Literally everything falls on Torts all the time if you haven't noticed. Nobody is ever given even a tiny amount of responsibility for their own play.

Kreider has done almost nothing to warrant the type of NHL minutes he needs to get to make it worthwhile to keep him up. He looked good in 2 games that I can recall. Incosistency is one thing, but this is a higher level than should be tolerated at this point in the season. Also, inconsistency is more acceptable when the highs are really high. Scoring a goal a few games ago isn't the type of high necessary to deal with his lows.
I thought he didn't look much better or worse than Gaborik who is a veteran and should be in his prime. With him shipped out, as tough and risky as it is, I think we NEED Kreider now as before he was an X factor or a bonus.

Old
04-03-2013, 03:30 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post

I thought kreider was very good since coming up again. In the ottawa game he didnt score but he led the team in scoring chances. montreal he was playing well UNTIL he was benched for no reason.

Old
04-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

down over miller again... maybe he'll ask for a trade to columbus in the offseason???

Old
04-03-2013, 03:50 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
down over miller again... maybe he'll ask for a trade to columbus in the offseason???
i guarantee on any other team kreider would be much more productive

Old
04-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:

Old
04-03-2013, 03:59 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post

Let me ask you do you think kreider is gonna be a good player in your opinion next year

Closed Thread