HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

The Omark Thread: Willing to play in the AHL?

Old
04-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Ladra

vCash: 500
Shame he dissapeared in the play offs.

Ladra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:04 PM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladra View Post
Shame he dissapeared in the play offs.
He obviously wanted to the season to end before April 3... Now I guess he can be traded although I don't know which team might be desperate enough to give him a shot at this point.

I heard Rangers and Boston are in panic mode .

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Ladra

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
He obviously wanted to the season to end before April 3... Now I guess he can be traded although I don't know which team might be desperate enough to give him a shot at this point.

I heard Rangers and Boston are in panic mode .

I don't think so. If he had a good play off, he might have had some value but, almost totally disapearing isn't very good.

So now watch us sign Omark, and trade Hemsky.

Ladra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:46 PM
McClelland

vCash: 50
Scratched the last game in game 7 in the swiss leuage! Something smells conflict!
Choking in playoff an 2 scratched games there , i start to question his attitude, and his chances to get a shot at deadline must be very small now!

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:39 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

Leading scorer scratched in the most important game of the year for his team?

Did he pull some kind of all-night party fiasco ala Radulov or something?

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse

Linus Omark for Carl Soderberg makes sense for Edmonton and Boston.

Hockey Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:20 AM
WeberStreit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Leading scorer scratched in the most important game of the year for his team?

Did he pull some kind of all-night party fiasco ala Radulov or something?
No, he just was a liability out there. He made the same moves as in the regular season, as he tried to deke too much. He never played a simple game over here, but in the regular season he produced. While in the playoffs, he just wasn't good enough.

Regular season: Over 1.4p per game, +18
Playoffs: 0.5p per game, -1

He just disappeared.

WeberStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buddha View Post
Linus Omark for Carl Soderberg makes sense for Edmonton and Boston.
If only chiarelli was feaster smart

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:01 AM
McClelland

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeberStreit View Post
No, he just was a liability out there. He made the same moves as in the regular season, as he tried to deke too much. He never played a simple game over here, but in the regular season he produced. While in the playoffs, he just wasn't good enough.

He just disappeared.
Read a interview yesterday where omark said that he went into a slump and he could easy had 25 p in the playoffs if the puck had bounced the right way.
He also said that redden was the best coach he had in his career before the scratches.

You dont bench a gamechanger in game 7 who totally ripped off the scorings in regular season.
Must be another reason, as they now he wouldnt resign and want to give their young core experience over a rental. Saw that alot of zug fans was pissed off about the decision.

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:12 AM
Trizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
Read a interview yesterday where omark said that he went into a slump and he could easy had 25 p in the playoffs if the puck had bounced the right way.
He also said that redden was the best coach he had in his career before the scratches.

You dont bench a gamechanger in game 7 who totally ripped off the scorings in regular season.
Must be another reason, as they now he wouldnt resign and want to give their young core experience over a rental. Saw that alot of zug fans was pissed off about the decision.
well, he was benched in game 5, and zug won 4:0 on the road and pittis who replaced omark had a good game.
game 6, he showed an unexcusable effort, and was benched again in game 7.
zug fans wanted to bench omark, well with some of his statements he didn't make some friends outthere.

Trizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:36 AM
LaGu

It's not a big deal. They can only field 4 non-Swiss players and a non-scoring Omark was not good enough.

Josh Holden (CAN) - best player for EV Zug in the playoffs with 17pts and best center (1st line) over the season.
Andy Wozniewski (US) - 1st pair defenseman and only 1 pt behind Omark in scoring in the playoffs.
Jussi Markkanen (FIN) - leading goalie.

Those three were a lock for the most important game of the year for EV Zug and that left Omark to compete for 1 spot on the team. In the end they went Domenico Pittis, an experienced center, good defensively and on faceoffs and in the end basically on the same pace for goals and points as Omark despite not playing very much at all...

Old
04-03-2013, 07:41 AM
IButtersI

Quote:
It's not a big deal. They can only field 4 non-Swiss players and a non-scoring Omark was not good enough.

Josh Holden (CAN) - best player for EV Zug in the playoffs with 17pts and best center (1st line) over the season.
Andy Wozniewski (US) - 1st pair defenseman and only 1 pt behind Omark in scoring in the playoffs.

Those three were a lock for the most important game of the year for EV Zug and that left Omark to compete for 1 spot on the team. In the end they went Domenico Pittis, an experienced center, good defensively and on faceoffs and in the end basically on the same pace for goals and points as Omark despite not playing very much at all...
This board is very familiar with Domenico Pittis. If Omark loses a spot to him, I don't see him making the NHL.

Thanks for the info

IButtersI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

Quote:

Must be those Canadian player politics at work here It is far more reaching than the NHL.

Anyways, playoff time is the time to shine for most hockey players. Not too surprised that Omark decided to pack er in at the playoffs.

He seems to roll that way.

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Hunt4Oil

This should close the book on this overrated non NHL player. He's just not that good and definitely not good enough to play in the NHL.

Hunt4Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:51 AM
IButtersI

Delete

IButtersI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:15 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
This board is very familiar with Domenico Pittis. If Omark loses a spot to him, I don't see him making the NHL.

Thanks for the info
I know I'm new to these boards but as a long time Oiler supporter I am wondering why these boards would be very familiar with Pittis? I know that I archived his short stint in Edmonton so far back in my head that I didn't even remember it until about 30 minutes ago (your comment made me look him up). Is there more to it than that he played here for some time? Or was there some hfboard controversy a la Omark going on for him?

Who knows about Omark, I think he'll have a hard time coming back to the NHL but you never know. Regarding what we're were talking about specifically I think that in the end we're talking about a brief playoff run where Omark for some reason didn't show up. So he lost his place to Pittis who has been playing good for many years in the Swiss league and has much more experience. I don't think that people will dismiss his season (which was really good) because of this. He didn't get outplayed by Pittis, they just chose solid experience over a slumping playmaker/goal scorer. I don't see it as a big deal, these thing happen.

In the end Omark also acknowledged his problem in a part of the interview where he didn't seem so angry with coaches, team, etc.:
Quote:
I am really disappointed. I think that I played good during the playoffs and could have scored 25 pts, but I didn't get those easy goals (edit: I think a better translation is to say that the puck didn't bounce his way). That's just how it is sometimes and scoring is what they need from a player who plays like I do.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:50 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 95
Quote:

This is very amusing, guy is one of the best offensive players in the Swiss league but gets benched for the same reasons he was in Edmonton.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:28 AM
alanschu

Quote:
I know I'm new to these boards but as a long time Oiler supporter I am wondering why these boards would be very familiar with Pittis? I know that I archived his short stint in Edmonton so far back in my head that I didn't even remember it until about 30 minutes ago (your comment made me look him up). Is there more to it than that he played here for some time? Or was there some hfboard controversy a la Omark going on for him?
Just that Pittis was a fringe 4th liner on the Oilers.

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:05 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post
Just that Pittis was a fringe 4th liner on the Oilers.
I just find it amusing that a fringe 4th liner playing here more than 10 years ago is still remembered. I usually forget 3rd liners after a couple of years and 4th liners after no more than a year .

Old
04-03-2013, 10:18 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 95
Quote:
I just find it amusing that a fringe 4th liner playing here more than 10 years ago is still remembered. I usually forget 3rd liners after a couple of years and 4th liners after no more than a year .
Probably because like Omark he showed potential everywhere he played and was talked up.

Omark won't be forgotten either.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
If only chiarelli was feaster smart
Soderberg has apparently laughed at the possibility of ever returning to the Bruins organisation, whereas Omark has said that he wants to play in the NHL. Omark put up a 1.43 ppg to Zetterberg's 1.48 (in 20 games for EV Zug). I'd say that the chances of Soderberg playing in North America are less for Soderberg than Omark, although both players are a complete crap shoot.

Hockey Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:50 PM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Probably because like Omark he showed potential everywhere he played and was talked up.

Omark won't be forgotten either.
Don't know in my case, I'm already on the verge of not considering him connected to the Oilers anymore (despite the fact that I'm Swedish).

... saying that while posting in the Omark thread might seem odd though...

Anyway, I think it's very amusing (in a good way), maybe nice is a better word, that the even long gone fringe players are remembered here. Sometimes I see myself as too much of a supporter (well, I think it's fine, my wife considers me crazy...), and then I "meet" (on hfboards) people which are similar, but also often much more invested in the team than I am. I like that.

I think I'm too much off topic now so I'll stop.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Ragss

Too bad about his playoffs. Wouldn't have thought that with his tenacity he'd fade away when the games got important.

Ragss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:21 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeberStreit View Post

He just disappeared.
it happens.
look at Eberle, RNH, etc / everyone oi the Oilers and in the NHL (hi, Ovechkin) outside of a few elite beasts.

big deal.
this kid is under way too big of a microscope for someone who will never appear in the NHL again most likely.

its hilarious that everyone just assumes a top scorer can't disappear in the playoffs.
we could probably run down numerous teams over the past decade who had their top scorers take dumps in the playoffs.
why the scratch? who knows the inner politics going on in a euro-league.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 03:54 PM
alanschu

Quote:
I still remember Mike Bishai throwing haymakers from the Atlanta bench. I have a decent enough memory and still remember the Fergusons and Butenschons as well. And I definitely do NOT consider myself one of the more passionate fans hahaha (last time this team really made me feel down was Game 7 loss in 2006).

He was also on one of the earlier EA Sports games so I probably heard his name an extra amount from that too.

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote