HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Trade Deadline 2013

Old
04-03-2013, 03:56 PM
HenrySpezzaThoreau
Out in the woods

vCash: 500
Wow, it's not like Erat isn't a good player, but he's 31 and Washington is probably missing the playoffs. I can't believe they would give up on Forsberg so fast

HenrySpezzaThoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 03:57 PM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 177
Murray missed the boat on Erat

2CHAINZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 03:57 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Oh man, what a trade

Can't believe they gave away Forsberg!

04-03-2013, 03:58 PM
arglebargle

vCash: 1000
Did the caps just trade their equivalent of Zibanejad for Martin Erat? While they're this far out of the playoffs? lolllll

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:00 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by arglebargle View Post
Did the caps just trade their equivalent of Zibanejad for Martin Erat? While they're this far out of the playoffs? lolllll
I think Zib is a bit more proven, but yeah. But then, Ovechkin seems to have found his mojo again, so they are probably banking on his carrying them far into the playoffs.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:02 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
buffalo did such a better job at the deadline than calgary it's not funny. Actually, it's kind of funny.

Deku Scrub
For the Lads

Quote:
Caps are only 2 points back of Winnipeg for the division lead. They can easily make the playoffs. But I don't think it's a very good trade for Washington anyway.

Deku Scrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
They're only two points out of the division lead with two games in hand.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:05 PM
arglebargle

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
They're only two points out of the division lead with two games in hand.
Oh yeah I forgot they're in the Southeast.

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Marvelous Manked
Director of Glitter

That Buffalo - Minnesota trade is quite interesting.

I think Minny overpaid quite a bit, but the addition of Pominville is so huge for them that I think it can somewhat offset that steep, steep price.

Miller will be moved in the off-season, without a doubt. Enroth and Hackett will fight for the starter role, with Hackett having the advantage.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Benny FTW
Tool Time Travel

Caps

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:12 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
That Buffalo - Minnesota trade is quite interesting.

I think Minny overpaid quite a bit, but the addition of Pominville is so huge for them that I think it can somewhat offset that steep, steep price.

Miller will be moved in the off-season, without a doubt. Enroth and Hackett will fight for the starter role, with Hackett having the advantage.
yeah, anaheim and chicago better watch out. Minnesota is not going to be an easy out.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:13 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashin View Post
Who's this guy from the presser? Garrioch?
Brennan's publicity shot:

LULZ

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Spezza19
GO SENS GO!!

That is a VERY bold move by McPhee. I am shocked he gave up on Forsberg so quickly, after having him in the organization for not even a year. He completely stole him last year, and than flips him in a pretty desperate move for a 40-50 point veteran.

At the same time, he was likely feeling the pressure to make the playoffs. They've been rolling lately going 6-3-1 in their last 10, have made a push to 3 points back of the 8th spot and just 2 back of the division lead. Erat should give them some nice depth, he's been a 20 goal, 50 point guy for the last 7 seasons. He can be a solid top 6 guy for them alongside Ovie, Ribiero, Laich or he can slot into their bottom 6 and be effective there too.

What makes it even more surprising, is the Caps don't exactly have a deep prospect pool.

Spezza19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Spezza19
GO SENS GO!!

But yes, that really is the equivalent of us dealing Zibby or Silfv. A few years from now, Nashville could be laughing about this one.

Old
04-03-2013, 04:16 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

murray was trolling tampa a bit in the presser
"steve missed the boat on bishop"
"conacher happy to go to a real hockey market"

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:25 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
That is a VERY bold move by McPhee. I am shocked he gave up on Forsberg so quickly, after having him in the organization for not even a year. He completely stole him last year, and than flips him in a pretty desperate move for a 40-50 point veteran.

At the same time, he was likely feeling the pressure to make the playoffs. They've been rolling lately going 6-3-1 in their last 10, have made a push to 3 points back of the 8th spot and just 2 back of the division lead. Erat should give them some nice depth, he's been a 20 goal, 50 point guy for the last 7 seasons. He can be a solid top 6 guy for them alongside Ovie, Ribiero, Laich or he can slot into their bottom 6 and be effective there too.

What makes it even more surprising, is the Caps don't exactly have a deep prospect pool.
Erat has been a fish out of water in Nashville his whole career. hes the most offensively talented player they've had next to Weber.

31 years old for a finesse player is still in his prime. I think he will prove to some people hes not just a 50 point player. I could see him on pace for about 65 for the rest of the year or next.

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:29 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
http://video.senators.nhl.com/videoc...ed-share-video

Story on Conacher.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:33 PM
StefanW
Classless

I think Minn overpaid for Poms at face value, but when you take into account their huge prospect pool they could afford it. They dealt from their strength to address a need, which is basically the same thing we did. They have to make runs for the cup while the 100 million dollar men are still in their prime, not 5 years down the line. From this perspective they did not get fleeced any more than Tampa did.

StefanW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Marvelous Manked
Director of Glitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
I think Minn overpaid for Poms at face value, but when you take into account their huge prospect pool they could afford it. They dealt from their strength to address a need, which is basically the same thing we did. They have to make runs for the cup while the 100 million dollar men are still in their prime, not 5 years down the line. From this perspective they did not get fleeced any more than Tampa did.
Well said.

They made Buffalo an offer they couldn't refuse, but at the same time they immediately add a whole other dimension to their team, one that could be the difference between a) beating out Vancouver for the NW Division Title and b) competing with Chicago and Anaheim.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

So how many picks do we have now? 1st, 3rd, 4th, 4th, etc. ?

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Spezza19
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Erat has been a fish out of water in Nashville his whole career. hes the most offensively talented player they've had next to Weber.

31 years old for a finesse player is still in his prime. I think he will prove to some people hes not just a 50 point player. I could see him on pace for about 65 for the rest of the year or next.
I agree with you, but it's all going to depend on what they see his role as. He could play in the bottom 6 alongside Brouwer, Ward, Johnasson etc...or he could get big minutes and play with Ovie, Backstrom, Laich.

He definitely seems like the type of guy that would fit Washington's system. Maybe the Caps get in with the 8th spot, and do some damage a lot like last year. They're finally playing closer to their potential.

Old
chipsens

vCash: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post

Looks like the Caps will win SE and slot into 3rd. If playoffs started today, we may get to see more of Erat soon enuf. Ovie & Caps looked good last nite against the Canes .

chipsens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Spezza19
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Well said.

They made Buffalo an offer they couldn't refuse, but at the same time they immediately add a whole other dimension to their team, one that could be the difference between a) beating out Vancouver for the NW Division Title and b) competing with Chicago and Anaheim.
They're very solid, but they're not getting by Chicago.

Old
04-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Spezza19
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsens View Post
Looks like the Caps will win SE and slot into 3rd. If playoffs started today, we may get to see more of Erat soon enuf. Ovie & Caps looked good last nite against the Canes .
If the Caps are taking the SE than we no longer want to slip to sixth. I want nothing to do with a motivated and on his game Ovie, nor do I want to try and handle their depth. They got a lot of guys that could burn you ala Brian Boyle last year.

The goaltending match up would be quite favorable though. But obviously we match up much better with Winnipeg and Carolina.