HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 04:52 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Why would we buy? We're 29th in the league.
Yeah I was wondering the same thing too. You bring in guys like Pominville when you just need that extra piece to boost you into the playoffs. We are not in that situation.

Old
04-03-2013, 04:52 PM
IceManCat
A New Era

vCash: 500
It doesnt add up, Tallon said he was meeting up with Weiss's agent to try and resign him that means we will have

Weiss, Mathias, Bjugstad, Shore, and Goc + whatever draft pick we choose more than likely a center we'll just Barkov for arguments sake. That is a way to many centers not sure what hes going to do. Even if we send Shore back down its still too many centers, perhaps a trade on draft day?

Old
04-03-2013, 04:59 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
It doesnt add up, Tallon said he was meeting up with Weiss's agent to try and resign him that means we will have

Weiss, Mathias, Bjugstad, Shore, and Goc + whatever draft pick we choose more than likely a center we'll just Barkov for arguments sake. That is a way to many centers not sure what hes going to do. Even if we send Shore back down its still too many centers, perhaps a trade on draft day?
Don't you know yet? You can never have too many centers!

Old
04-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Cats Kneading Goals
#1 Fanthers Pan!

I very happy that DT didn't sell the farm for beans. This team will be fine moving forward.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post

Matthias isn't great in the FO circle. He can play wing, and I believe has played more wing than center this year. Definitely has been more of a winger over the years.

Also, no one knows who we're drafting. No one really knows when we're drafting yet, and no one knows if said draft pick is going to be NHL-ready next year.

It's a great "problem" to have.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:07 PM
IceManCat
A New Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Matthias isn't great in the FO circle. He can play wing, and I believe has played more wing than center this year. Definitely has been more of a winger over the years.

Also, no one knows who we're drafting. No one really knows when we're drafting yet, and no one knows if said draft pick is going to be NHL-ready next year.

All the top 6 picks are NHL ready and its doubtful we pick Seth Jones. I know that no one has crystal ball but we can predict with a decent certainty. I never said it wasn't a good problem just some food for thought. Its pretty clear that Mathias needs to be at center

Old
04-03-2013, 05:35 PM
RainingRats

Matthias is one of those players who plays much better when he's slotted in the center spot. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bjugstad play in San Antonio to at least start the year but I think we'll have a better idea of where he might play starting Saturday night.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Dr Beinfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post

Matthias has played center mostly this year. He's given that a bit of credit as to why he's more comfortable out there on the ice, if I recall correctly.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:49 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Matthias is one of those players who plays much better when he's slotted in the center spot. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bjugstad play in San Antonio to at least start the year but I think we'll have a better idea of where he might play starting Saturday night.
Might he just come out like a bat outta hell or will he come timid?

Old
04-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

If Bjugstad has a good 11 or however many games, and a good camp, then Shore probably starts in the AHL next season.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:06 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Im guessing Weiss is done here if Bjustadt shows any signs of nhl ready...perhaps for financial reasons...and maybe that is why the "fast tract" of Bjusdadt.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:13 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Im guessing Weiss is done here if Bjustadt shows any signs of nhl ready...perhaps for financial reasons...and maybe that is why the "fast tract" of Bjusdadt.
If that's the case, our franchise is not any better than it was under the Cohen regime.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:35 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

ya know, if we win saturday we are only pts....ok ill shut up.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:26 PM
FrolikFan67

even with bjugstad playing theres still a good chance we resign weiss, IF we dont draft a center. if we take someone like drouin then i could see us signing weiss (if reasonable). weiss, bjugstad, matthias, and goc, in which case one of matthias or goc, and probably goc, could get traded. shore will definitely go back to SA next season and he'll be our first callup when a center goes down.
if we draft mackinnon then thats a different story. itd be him (and he'd stay at center), bjugstad, goc, and matthias, and again i could see goc getting traded unfortunately, one of my favorite players from last season but matthias probably would stay over him.

Closed Thread