HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 line combinations

Old
04-03-2013, 05:08 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

vCash: 500
2013-14 line combinations

huberdeau - matthias - mueller
fleischmann - shore - versteeg
bergenheim - goc - kopecky
howden - bjugstad - ?

campbell - gudbranson
kuba - kulikov
brennan - strachan ?

Markstrom
Clemmensen or Theodore

Bolded are IMO almost certainly going to be on the roster at the start of next season (for a variety of reasons).

Despite what I've read, part of me will be a little surprised to see Bergenheim (but it would be a very pleasant surprise).

I think Howden is a 50/50 - could see him in San Antonio depending on offseason additions and training camp.

Matthias as #1 center may be a reach, but I'd rather have the current Matthias there than any version of Stephen Weiss.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Bjugstad or Shore on the 4th line isn't gonna happen IMO. I think it's either or. They will battle eachother in camp for one spot.

From the way Jovo and Tallon talked after Jovo's announcement to have surgery, Jovo will probably be back next season.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:15 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Bjugstad or Shore on the 4th line isn't gonna happen IMO. I think it's either or. They will battle eachother in camp for one spot.

From the way Jovo and Tallon talked after Jovo's announcement to have surgery, Jovo will probably be back next season.
I agree, but I had to stick him somewhere to get the conversation started.

I could easily see both of them on the roster though.

Jovo may be back, but he'll be hurt most of the season. He's not a kid any more and his condition is likely chronic and degenerative. I wouldn't put his name in ink even if he is on the opening day roster.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 05:32 PM
RainingRats

I think Strachan will sign somewhere else. Jovo will take his spot. Also, wouldn't be surprised if one of Robak/Petrovic make the team.

Decent possibility if we end up with a top 3 pick, that player is on the roster. Heck, if we get Barkov around four or five he could be on the opening night roster as well so top 3 pick might be wrong.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:58 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
huberdeau - matthias - mueller
fleischmann - shore - versteeg
bergenheim - goc - kopecky
howden - bjugstad - ?

campbell - gudbranson
kuba - kulikov
brennan - strachan ?

Markstrom
Clemmensen or Theodore

Bolded are IMO almost certainly going to be on the roster at the start of next season (for a variety of reasons).

Despite what I've read, part of me will be a little surprised to see Bergenheim (but it would be a very pleasant surprise).

I think Howden is a 50/50 - could see him in San Antonio depending on offseason additions and training camp.

Matthias as #1 center may be a reach, but I'd rather have the current Matthias there than any version of Stephen Weiss.
If we dont resign Weiss, isnt it incumbent on Tallon to spend the $ on a FA lst line center?

(btw atf feel free to merge my weiss /bjugstad thread in here yours is more inclusive

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:05 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I think Strachan will sign somewhere else. Jovo will take his spot. Also, wouldn't be surprised if one of Robak/Petrovic make the team.

Decent possibility if we end up with a top 3 pick, that player is on the roster. Heck, if we get Barkov around four or five he could be on the opening night roster as well so top 3 pick might be wrong.
I think it's pretty set that we are going to get a top-3 pick, unless the NHL screws us over... I don't see us getting out of the 28th-30th spot in the league.

OT: I think we sign a few FA's, I don't believe our whole roster will stick with us coming into next year. I see Weiss going somewhere else, us adding 2-3 good FA players, and obviously getting a great prospect to add to our pool, and if it's a top 3 pick, then most likely will be on the roster as well.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:47 PM
ShootIt

I'll go with:

Huberdeau-Matthias-Mueller
Flash-Bjugstad-Versteeg
Bergenheim-Goc-Kopecky
Howden-Shore-Upshall/Skille
Skille

OR flip Goc and Shore

Campbell-Gudbranson
Kulikov-Kuba
TJB-Robak/Petrovic

Hopefully Jovo retires.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:54 PM
IceManCat
A New Era

Huberdeau-Mackinnon-Howden

Fleishmann-Weiss-Versteeg

Bergenheim-Bjugstad-Mueller

Kopecky-Goc-Upshall

Who Cares -Gudbranson

Because - Campbell

We Have - Kulikov

Markstrom

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:55 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
I'll go with:

Huberdeau-Matthias-Mueller
Flash-Bjugstad-Versteeg
Bergenheim-Goc-Kopecky
Howden-Shore-Upshall/Skille
Skille

OR flip Goc and Shore

Campbell-Gudbranson
Kulikov-Kuba
TJB-Robak/Petrovic

Hopefully Jovo retires.
with Markstrom, should be a 95 point team.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:00 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

its weird to think but the future is certainly now. All that anticipation and what ifs a couple of years ago and now were talking actual roster spots.

If this team puts in work ethic the way we have seen the last 10-15 games there is no way we are not in the playoffs.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:17 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
its weird to think but the future is certainly now. All that anticipation and what ifs a couple of years ago and now were talking actual roster spots.

If this team puts in work ethic the way we have seen the last 10-15 games there is no way we are not in the playoffs.
Just as long as we don't lose half the roster to injury.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Hopefully we got it all out of our system this season and will be better prepared next season.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:19 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
this team is playing like a playoff team right now with injuries, i just think we bought in until it was too late. it took us 25 games of misery to starting applying a solid work ethic. Its really unfortunate. Even with injuries we could have won this division again.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
If we dont resign Weiss, isnt it incumbent on Tallon to spend the $ on a FA lst line center?

(btw atf feel free to merge my weiss /bjugstad thread in here yours is more inclusive
Who would you sign? The UFA market for centers this summer sucks. Besides Weiss, the best centers available are Roy, Ribeiro, and Bozak. It really drops off after that. Ribeiro will probably re-sign with Washington. That really doesn't leave much, and we certainly are not going to outbid anybody.

The more I look at free agents and the raises that a lot of our players are going to get(Matthias, Mueller, Markstrom, plus if our top 5 pick makes the team that's an additional 3M), the more I agree with the Frog. We probably won't re-sign Weiss. He's going to cash in in free agency and that's his right. Matthias is probably our 1st line center next season. My guess is:

Huby-Matthias-Mueller
Flash-Bjugstad-MacKinnon/Barkov
Kopecky-Shore-Versteeg
Bergy-Goc-Skille
Parros

Kulikov-Campbell
Brennan-Gudbranson
Kuba-Weaver
Jovanovski

If we draft Barkov then maybe Bjugstad plays wing for awhile. If we draft Drouin he might play another season in the Q.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:37 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Who would you sign? The UFA market for centers this summer sucks. Besides Weiss, the best centers available are Roy, Ribeiro, and Bozak. It really drops off after that. Ribeiro will probably re-sign with Washington. That really doesn't leave much, and we certainly are not going to outbid anybody.

The more I look at free agents and the raises that a lot of our players are going to get(Matthias, Mueller, Markstrom, plus if our top 5 pick makes the team that's an additional 3M), the more I agree with the Frog. We probably won't re-sign Weiss. He's going to cash in in free agency and that's his right. Matthias is probably our 1st line center next season. My guess is:

Huby-Matthias-Mueller
Flash-Bjugstad-MacKinnon/Barkov
Kopecky-Shore-Versteeg
Bergy-Goc-Skille
Parros

Kulikov-Campbell
Brennan-Gudbranson
Kuba-Weaver
Jovanovski

If we draft Barkov then maybe Bjugstad plays wing for awhile. If we draft Drouin he might play another season in the Q.
Im ok with this except it lacks depth. If the FA market sucks as you say, i could easily get behind watching this team grow and with Marky full expect to make playoffs...

Old
04-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Im ok with this except it lacks depth. If the FA market sucks as you say, i could easily get behind watching this team grow and with Marky full expect to make playoffs...
I agree that it lacks depth at center, potentially. We'd have awesome depth on the wings.

It's not ideal, but we simply have too many young centers, and the free agent market is poor for centers. Tallon isn't going to splurge for a big time center on a long term deal. Our top pick this summer is probably going to be a center. 4 of the top 6 prospects in the draft are listed as centers. MacKinnon though is a center who many think will convert to wing in the NHL. He already plays some wing.

I think that team can definitely make the playoffs if Markstrom keeps playing the way he's been playing. A solid 4 lines, average to solid defense, and great goaltending.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:52 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
I agree that it lacks depth at center, potentially. We'd have awesome depth on the wings.

It's not ideal, but we simply have too many young centers, and the free agent market is poor for centers. Tallon isn't going to splurge for a big time center on a long term deal. Our top pick this summer is probably going to be a center. 4 of the top 6 prospects in the draft are listed as centers. MacKinnon though is a center who many think will convert to wing in the NHL. He already plays some wing.

I think that team can definitely make the playoffs if Markstrom keeps playing the way he's been playing. A solid 4 lines, average to solid defense, and great goaltending.
agree...and stay healthy for the love of...

Old
04-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
agree...and stay healthy for the love of...
Jeez for real. Hopefully this season was our once in a decade aberration season.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:01 PM
FrolikFan67

its hard to say before the draft and whether or not we resign weiss and mueller for that matter. ill say if we draft mackinnon itll be:

Fleischmann-Matthias-Versteeg
Huberdeau-MacKinnon-Mueller
Bergenheim-Bjugstad-Kopecky
Parros-Goc-Skille

that would be the 1st line to start the season, eventually (and long term) that 2nd line would be the top line, and bjugstad would center flash and steeger on the 2nd with matthias, bergy, and kopi on the 3rd.
though there could be a possibility we resign weiss and have him, mac and bjugstad, then trade matthias and goc. its really hard to tell what'll happen between now and opening night next season.

if we draft drouin i believe he'll play immediately:

Fleischmann-Weiss-Versteeg
Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Drouin
Bergenheim-Matthias-Kopecky
Parros-Goc/???-Skille

that weiss, flash, steeger line would stay together. bjugstad would center huby and drouin, which would be an insane top line for the future. and matthias (or goc) between bergy and kopi, again, another great line.

if we're lucky enough to draft mackinnon or drouin, then i'd be ecstatic! i really dont know what id rather have: mackinnon and resign mueller, or drouin and resign weiss.

then on D:

Campbell-Gudbranson
Kulikov-Weaver
Jovanovski-Kuba

i'd like to buy-out jovo, and try at least to trade kuba. if we're stuck with kuba then:

Campbell-Gudbranson
Kulikov-Brennan (if we resign brennan,he'd fill that spot for now, FA and trade is an option for another D)
Weaver-Kuba

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 05:26 AM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
its hard to say before the draft and whether or not we resign weiss and mueller for that matter. ill say if we draft mackinnon itll be:

Fleischmann-Matthias-Versteeg
Huberdeau-MacKinnon-Mueller
Bergenheim-Bjugstad-Kopecky
Parros-Goc-Skille

that would be the 1st line to start the season, eventually (and long term) that 2nd line would be the top line, and bjugstad would center flash and steeger on the 2nd with matthias, bergy, and kopi on the 3rd.
though there could be a possibility we resign weiss and have him, mac and bjugstad, then trade matthias and goc. its really hard to tell what'll happen between now and opening night next season.

if we draft drouin i believe he'll play immediately:

Fleischmann-Weiss-Versteeg
Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Drouin
Bergenheim-Matthias-Kopecky
Parros-Goc/???-Skille

that weiss, flash, steeger line would stay together. bjugstad would center huby and drouin, which would be an insane top line for the future. and matthias (or goc) between bergy and kopi, again, another great line.

if we're lucky enough to draft mackinnon or drouin, then i'd be ecstatic! i really dont know what id rather have: mackinnon and resign mueller, or drouin and resign weiss.

then on D:

Campbell-Gudbranson
Kulikov-Weaver
Jovanovski-Kuba

i'd like to buy-out jovo, and try at least to trade kuba. if we're stuck with kuba then:

Campbell-Gudbranson
Kulikov-Brennan (if we resign brennan,he'd fill that spot for now, FA and trade is an option for another D)
Weaver-Kuba
Mueller is a RFA, I doubt he'll go anywhere else. same with Brennan. I don't think it'd be worth putting matthias as #1 center, even if he's good, he doesn't have the playmaking ability to play with flash and steeger imo. put him with huby and he'll do fine, not with steeger and flash

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 06:47 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by dej View Post
Mueller is a RFA, I doubt he'll go anywhere else. same with Brennan. I don't think it'd be worth putting matthias as #1 center, even if he's good, he doesn't have the playmaking ability to play with flash and steeger imo. put him with huby and he'll do fine, not with steeger and flash
Matthias doesnt have the playmaking ability to play with Flash and Steeger, but he does have enough to play with a better player in Huberdeau? Matthias has shown he has playmaking ability this year when given the opportunity, and would do fine with Flash and Steeger. I actually think he would be a better compliment than Weiss, because he is a bigger, more physical centerman.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:00 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Flash-Matthias-Steeg
Huber-Bjugs-Mueller
Bergy-Shore-Kopecky
Howden-Goc-Skille
Upshall/Parros

(or Goc @3rd, Shore @AHL, UFA 4th C)

Campbell-Guds
Kuba-Kulikov
Brennan-Strachan
Robak/Jovo

Markstrom
Greiss

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:48 AM
pantherbot

If we can't sign weiss, I'm fine going with Matthias, Shore, Bjugstad, Goc as our centres and not have the normal top, second, third, fourth line hierarchy. Just roll all four lines consistently and play the hot line.

We may not have the top-end talent right now since our youngsters are developing, but our strength is our depth and we should take advantage of that.

pantherbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:13 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherbot View Post
If we can't sign weiss, I'm fine going with Matthias, Shore, Bjugstad, Goc as our centres and not have the normal top, second, third, fourth line hierarchy. Just roll all four lines consistently and play the hot line.

We may not have the top-end talent right now since our youngsters are developing, but our strength is our depth and we should take advantage of that.
Speaking of depth tho, without signing a center, and going with these 4, who do u call up next yr if 1 or 2 get injured?

Old
04-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Speaking of depth tho, without signing a center, and going with these 4, who do u call up next yr if 1 or 2 get injured?
Trocheck if he is down in SA. Only if he performs well there, though.

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote