HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marian Gaborik to Columbus for Brassard, J. Moore and Dorsett

Old
04-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Torts: On if he believes the Rangers are a better team after the trade deadline: I have no idea.
Makes sense. I have no idea myself. I'm glad Gaborik is gone and hopefully that lets some players (Richards) know that playing like ass will not be tolerated and that the heart of this team was a huge question mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
Great answer. NOT!
What in the hell do you want him to say?

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:35 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner View Post
He did have pretty good coaching, and according to CBJ fans, "Didn't get it." Not a good sign.
The same fans that are posting that they overpaid for Gabby?

schabadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:35 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by schabadoo View Post
That's odd. It's almost sounds as if Torts himself didn't make these trades, but possibly the GM.
Besides which, the full quote was "I have no idea; why don't we let them play a game together first before we jump to conclusions".

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:36 PM
JeffMangum
mfw Flyers D

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
What in the hell do you want him to say?
Silly Jon. Any one that wants to call themselves an NHL coach MUST have psychic powers - it's a must.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:36 PM
SephF
See you next time

Slats usually fleeces other teams, couldn't believe it when I saw Gaboriks return.

Very impressive work by Jarmo to bring in Gabby while keeping all 3 of CBJ's 1sts.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Ail
k.

People in the original trade thread seem to have a pretty good idea that this trade makes the team better, I can't fathom how Torts wouldn't know by now too.

04-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Silly Jon. Any one that wants to call themselves an NHL coach MUST have psychic powers - it's a must.
Is it wrong to wish that we could've dumped a lot of our fanbase if we were dumping Gaborik today?

Old
04-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpf24 View Post
besides which, the full quote was "i have no idea; why don't we let them play a game together first before we jump to conclusions".
omg bro fire torts bro. Wtf bro probably just gonna boyle boyle boyle bro. Boyle.

Bro.

Boyle.

Toyle.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Zamboner
Your move, creep.

Quote:
The same fans that are posting that they overpaid for Gabby?
Well, they've actually watched Brassard.

Zamboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:41 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

The way I look at it is this. Both sides, the Rangers and Gaborik himself needed a change.

This is a move that had to be made now, at this time. The package we got back some might think would be less than what we could have gotten, but honestly, where was the market for him? There was none that I knew of, so to get this package back for him now when most of us felt that he would be either dealt or would not come back and now have more roster depth and cap flexibility while adding in areas in which were needed, I think this team is better off.

Sure, Gaborik could end up breaking out in Columbus, but who knows if he will or not. I hold no hard feelings against Gaborik. I hope he does well in Columbus. As much as I think his compete level just wasn't good enough at times, I think part of that had to do with a coach that expected him to play a style of game in which he wasn't suited for and it was clear from the start.

Thanks for the memories, Marian and good luck in Columbus. It gives me another reason to pull for them to succeed this season.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Besides which, the full quote was "I have no idea; why don't we let them play a game together first before we jump to conclusions".
Thanks for the full quote, makes a huge difference.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim erixon View Post
honestly why are rangers setting up bluejackets for the present and future? are they paying slats under the table?
They have players we want and we have players they want?

Old
04-03-2013, 06:45 PM
beastly115

Still trying to figure out what the main piece coming back in this deal was. Seriously. I don't look at anything we got back and get excited. I don't see how anything we got back makes us a better team. Can anyone enlighten me?

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Love this move from the Rangers perspective. Depth, depth, depth.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:48 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastly115 View Post
Still trying to figure out what the main piece coming back in this deal was. Seriously. I don't look at anything we got back and get excited. I don't see how anything we got back makes us a better team. Can anyone enlighten me?
One piece doesn't have to make us better.

Clowe, Brassard, Moore and Dorsett make us better than one under performing 7.5M Gaborik.

Moore makes us better because he's a #4 in talent, pushing guys like Hamrlik out of the lineup. That alone is an improvement.

Clowe brings a Dubi/Prust like presence, which we lack, and combined with Brassard, the two force a guy like Newbury/Bickel out of the lineup and easily can replace Gaborik's terrible production this year between the two of them.

Dorsett, when healthy, will be a lot like Prust and fans will love him within 3 games.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:50 PM
SERE 24
LGR

In one less game than Gaborik this season, Brassard has 2 less goals, 1 less point, double the hits, is less than half the price and is more than 5 years younger.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:54 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastly115 View Post
Cap space..that's all folks. Stupid stupid stupid. JD picked our pockets.

Columbus has a better chance of making the playoffs than us.

MessierIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Is it wrong to wish that we could've dumped a lot of our fanbase if we were dumping Gaborik today?
Yeah then we could have only one opinion, which would always be correct, obviously. Sounds like a fun place to debate Rangers hockey.

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:59 PM
bruins seguin 19*

my point of view.

i think the jackets have done well if you factor both nash and gaborik trades. they got ansiminov and erixon, dubinsky and that first round pick is getting better by the day. sorry guys we lost the deals. erixon has been a stud on defence, we should have at least kept him.

bruins seguin 19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:02 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
Cap space..that's all folks. Stupid stupid stupid. JD picked our pockets.

Columbus has a better chance of making the playoffs than us.
Yep, they literally got nothing back.

Hey, nice setup on the PP there.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:05 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
**** me Beaver is on fire

Mcd snipe

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:08 PM
nsvoyageurs

I just wouldn't have made the trade for Gaborik they did. If they had gotten an early draft pick in this deal, I could live with it, though philosophically, I don't do this. Brassard has had potential to be a top 6 forward for years, but hasn't put it together, I know little about Dorsett, though I know he's not a top 6 player, and I know nothing about Moore (until today, I had barely even heard of him). Given that he has had a bad year coming back from a shoulder injury, it probably would have been better to wait until the draft to trade him when he shows he's healthy again and able to produce. Then they would have gotten a better package in return. Torts taking him off his preferred position on the wing didn't help and hurt his production/trade value.

I've said for a while that the team isn't going anywhere this season and should have been selling. This is not the LA Kings of last season. They will be tougher now with the additions, but they still can't score. I hope I'm wrong, but I still don't see a big run in them. If the playoffs began today, they'd be out, sitting in 9th in the East.

I hope these new additions (Clowe included) help the Rangers this season. They have addressed one area, but still haven't addressed the other, and may have created another one down the road with the loss of draft picks. That's reminiscent to the Phil Esposito days, and I'm sure NO ONE wants to see that again.

nsvoyageurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:09 PM
ThisIsMyAlibi
Howson = Herminated

Quote:
Hey, nice setup on the PP there.
The PP is where he acquires most of his points.

ThisIsMyAlibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:10 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Yeah then we could have only one opinion, which would always be correct, obviously. Sounds like a fun place to debate Rangers hockey.
Yes, that's obviously what he's saying.

It's like troll central on trade deadline day.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:34 PM
TomLaidlaw

It is impossible to judge a trade before any of the players play. I remember the one sided reaction after we got Zherdev for Tyutin. How we fleeced the Jackets.

You can debate if you think the return was enough but I think it would be tough to argue that Gaborik's time with the Rangers needed to come to an end. He just didn't fit into this team any longer. You can blame Torts or him playing out of position but the bottom line is that he looked like a shell of his former self. The numerous medical procedures throughout his career have to take its toll.

This Ranger roster 2 days ago wasn't going to figure things out. For whatever reason they just couldn't put it together and I don't think they were going to suddenly flip the switch when the playoffs started. The team needed a significant change, and it got one.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote