HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What do YOU expect from Pavel Valentenko

Old
08-19-2006, 01:39 AM
Kirk Muller*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi View Post
hrm Markov anyone?
I'm not shaking my head at the idea that he might succeed, it's because the poster said that all the scouts around the world are unanimous that he was the steal of the draft. That's just ridiculous. Let's just appreciate our prospects and be pleasantly surprised when they exceed expectations. No need to exagerate.

Kirk Muller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 01:56 AM
NewGuy

If he ever manages to take a regular shift with the Habs then i'll be ecstatic. Finding a regular NHL player in the fifth round is a great result. Especially for the Habs. I think you have to go all the way back to 1988 (Peter Popovic) to find a fifth round pick of the Habs that played a significant amount of games in the NHL (i.e.: more than 200). Before that you need to go all the way back to the amateur draft of 1972 to find Bill Nyrop who played 207 games. The fifth round has not been kind to the Habs.

Last edited by NewGuy: 08-19-2006 at 02:08 AM.
NewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 02:46 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I don't know what to expect. He looked decent at the remax games or 3 of the ones I have on dvd. I liked what I saw at times, he had his troubles with Latendresse but he was physical and has good size. But he's had almost zero RSL experience so far. I don't expect but hope he plays in more then 2 games for Neftekhimik, but I heard they just picked up Grot who is a solid young defensemen. I also hope he can at least get a look for Team Russia this year, don't expect him to make the team but it would be great if he did. He'll turn 19 this year like Carle, so this will be his only chance.

After that perhaps he will come over to Hamilton next year or perhaps we never see him again, impossible to say at this point.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 02:59 PM
KaptainKourage*

I except him to have an AMAZING season in Russia, like 16 goals 32 assists for 48 points in 32 games (what is BIG in RSL), then his coach move him to goaltender position. Valentenko have a hard 1st season as goalie but become a real wall the season after before the coach decid to move him to forward position.

We bring him here as C then we FINALLY found our big right handed center, after 4 art ross in 3 season Valenteko retire and become our brand new GM.

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKourage View Post
I except him to have an AMAZING season in Russia, like 16 goals 32 assists for 48 points in 32 games (what is BIG in RSL), then his coach move him to goaltender position. Valentenko have a hard 1st season as goalie but become a real wall the season after before the coach decid to move him to forward position.

We bring him here as C then we FINALLY found our big right handed center, after 4 art ross in 3 season Valenteko retire and become our brand new GM.
Bout' criss! I asked to be creative ,.. but " Beurré trop de beurre de pinotte c'est comme pas en mettre dutout"

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 05:31 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldat Samsonov View Post
Bout' criss! I asked to be creative ,.. but " Beurré trop de beurre de pinotte c'est comme pas en mettre dutout"
Té malade toé.. plus qu'y en a meilleur que c'est, surtout si c'est du pain d'ménage ou ben pas toasté

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2006, 06:23 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
I expect him to never come in N-A.

CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2006, 06:46 AM
Maxpac