HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames 1st Round Picks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2013, 07:28 PM
  #1
Chris Butler
Feels bad man
 
Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 50
Flames 1st Round Picks

Currently, the Flames have 3 1sts. One in the top 5, St Louis', which will be around 16-20, and Pittsburgh's, which will be 25th-30th.

Since the next opportunity to make any deals is during the draft, I was wondering if any teams in the top 5 would be willing to deal that pick to the Flames for something.

I don't know if this is thread worthy or not but I'm just trying to get the value it would take. So Florida, Avs, Sabres, Lightning, Flyers fans, what would you guys want?

I would do something around Bottom two 1sts, a third, and a B prospect.

Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:32 PM
  #2
HappyGilmourr
Registered User
 
HappyGilmourr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Milton
Posts: 4,945
vCash: 500
quality > quantity... you won't get the answer your looking for

HappyGilmourr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:33 PM
  #3
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerstcheese View Post
Currently, the Flames have 3 1sts. One in the top 5, St Louis', which will be around 16-20, and Pittsburgh's, which will be 25th-30th.

Since the next opportunity to make any deals is during the draft, I was wondering if any teams in the top 5 would be willing to deal that pick to the Flames for something.

I don't know if this is thread worthy or not but I'm just trying to get the value it would take. So Florida, Avs, Sabres, Lightning, Flyers fans, what would you guys want?

I would do something around Bottom two 1sts, a third, and a B prospect.
Doubtful any teams do that. All 5 of the top 5 are potential franchise players. It's a good draft. I can't see any of the teams currently drifting towards those picks looking for quantity over quality.

The only asset we have that would entice anyone is Baertschi, but I'd rather keep him. Basically, all of the teams looking to hit the bottom 5 are going to be aiming for that same future franchise player we are.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:34 PM
  #4
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
The only real deal I see is if we get #1 overall and want MacKinnon or Barkov more than Jones then we could trade down to #3 and get another asset back.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:35 PM
  #5
Chris Butler
Feels bad man
 
Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
quality > quantity... you won't get the answer your looking for
Always true... But what if we send quantity with quality? On the Flames board, there's been talk about packaging Gaudreau with a 1st for a top 5.

Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:36 PM
  #6
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerstcheese View Post
Always true... But what if we send quantity with quality? On the Flames board, there's been talk about packaging Gaudreau with a 1st for a top 5.
I don't think he has that kind of value, I just see it being the only way we trade him.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:36 PM
  #7
Chris Butler
Feels bad man
 
Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Doubtful any teams do that. All 5 of the top 5 are potential franchise players. It's a good draft. I can't see any of the teams currently drifting towards those picks looking for quantity over quality.

The only asset we have that would entice anyone is Baertschi, but I'd rather keep him. Basically, all of the teams looking to hit the bottom 5 are going to be aiming for that same future franchise player we are.
Of course. We share a common goal with most rebuilding teams and so even if it were possible, it'd take a gross overpayment

Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:38 PM
  #8
Chris Butler
Feels bad man
 
Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 50
I might be the only Flames fan who would do this but would Baertschi and a pick do it?

Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:39 PM
  #9
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club
 
I Hate Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,117
vCash: 50
Trading Bart seems counterproductive to me. We know he's good, why trade him for someone who might be as good?

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:41 PM
  #10
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerstcheese View Post
I might be the only Flames fan who would do this but would Baertschi and a pick do it?
I would do Sven + mid pick for a top 5 pick but I don't think any team takes that.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:42 PM
  #11
Chris Butler
Feels bad man
 
Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler View Post
Trading Bart seems counterproductive to me. We know he's good, why trade him for someone who might be as good?
IMO, the top 5 picks in this draft all have 1st overall potential in any other year. Prospects are kind of a wildcard but I'd say something like Drouin, Mackinnon> Baertschi, Mackinnon

Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:45 PM
  #12
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I would do Sven + mid pick for a top 5 pick but I don't think any team takes that.
Could see a team in the 4-5 range doing that. Sven is a year further along in his development.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:47 PM
  #13
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Could see a team in the 4-5 range doing that. Sven is a year further along in his development.
Maybe it depends, the Avs might as Sven fits with their team now. Just depends, if Barkov is there at 4 and said team was willing to do it I would pull the trigger.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:50 PM
  #14
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,572
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Maybe it depends, the Avs might as Sven fits with their team now. Just depends, if Barkov is there at 4 and said team was willing to do it I would pull the trigger.
Avs? No, absolutely not. Jones is the guy we desperately need. Our pick is not for sale.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:51 PM
  #15
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,905
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Maybe it depends, the Avs might as Sven fits with their team now. Just depends, if Barkov is there at 4 and said team was willing to do it I would pull the trigger.
I'd take any of the top five over Bartschi right now. Would rather the Avs draft and development their guy. Especially since we're still hell bent on drafting Jones, not adding a forward unless he's gone when we go to pick.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:52 PM
  #16
Chris Butler
Feels bad man
 
Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Maybe it depends, the Avs might as Sven fits with their team now. Just depends, if Barkov is there at 4 and said team was willing to do it I would pull the trigger.
Don't know if Avs fans would do it but I would pull the trigger too. Sven might be further along in his development but I'd argue guys like Barkov and Drouin are already NHL ready...

Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:52 PM
  #17
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Avs? No, absolutely not. Jones is the guy we desperately need. Our pick is not for sale.
If Jones is gone and you have the #4 pick is what I meant. I guess there is always Nurse.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:54 PM
  #18
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,564
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
No chance another team trades a top 5 pick in this draft for your lower 2 firsts, unless you add something VERY nice to it, and maybe not even then. Closest you probably could come is the PIT and STL 1sts plus Baertschi, and even then, I don't do it if I'm a team with a top 5 pick in this draft. They could all be franchise players. Baertschi is very good and I like him a lot, but he's a step below that.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:04 PM
  #19
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,572
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
If Jones is gone and you have the #4 pick is what I meant. I guess there is always Nurse.
I would take any of the guys in the top 5 rather easily over Baertschi.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:06 PM
  #20
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I would take any of the guys in the top 5 over Baertschi.
Agreed so would I. Wasn't saying the Avs should do it.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:07 PM
  #21
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,905
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
If Jones is gone and you have the #4 pick is what I meant. I guess there is always Nurse.
Barkov or Drouin then. Nurse at #4 is crazy talk.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:08 PM
  #22
FlyingPantherExtreme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
Panthers win 1st pick, They take Jones. Avs have lots of skilled forwards already but it hasnt helped turned things around, they were hoping to get Jones.

Calgary trades

Brodie, Giordano, St.Louis 1st(~18th)

for

Avs 2nd overall pick

Flames draft Drouin and Mackinnon, Overpay to get whatever UFA D they can find to replace there defense.

FlyingPantherExtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:09 PM
  #23
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPantherExtreme View Post
Panthers win 1st pick, They take Jones. Avs have lots of skilled forwards already but it hasnt helped turned things around, they were hoping to get Jones.

Calgary trades

Brodie, Giordano, St.Louis 1st(~18th)

for

Avs 2nd overall pick

Flames draft Drouin and Mackinnon, Overpay to get whatever UFA D they can find to replace there defense.
God no, Gio is a #2 defenseman, Brodie is a young top 4 defenseman and 1st for 2nd. We would love another top 5 pick but not at that price.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:09 PM
  #24
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,371
vCash: 500
Kinda doubt any team in the top 5 trades back that far, but 15 + 30 could move them up to # 8 I would think. If Monahan were to drop to that range I would think the Flames would make a push for that pick. A 1-2 punch of Barkov - Monahan would be a nice start to their rebuild.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:11 PM
  #25
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,572
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPantherExtreme View Post
Panthers win 1st pick, They take Jones. Avs have lots of skilled forwards already but it hasnt helped turned things around, they were hoping to get Jones.

Calgary trades

Brodie, Giordano, St.Louis 1st(~18th)

for

Avs 2nd overall pick

Flames draft Drouin and Mackinnon, Overpay to get whatever UFA D they can find to replace there defense.
Panthers want MacKinnon badly judging by their board. I know the fans don't decide, but they know more about their team than the rest of us.



Oh, and no. Would rather have MacKinnon/Drouin than that.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.