HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cory Schneider

Old
04-03-2013, 06:16 PM
SiCKNESS

vCash: 500
Cory Schneider

Since Nonis rejected Scrivens + Picks for Luongo, i dont think there's a trade to be made there and that this off season the market for Luongo and his contract will be even less. So that being said, what could the Canucks get for Schneider. I'd be totally fine with Luongo being a Canuck for life.

Again Luongo will not get bought out, take that to Luongos thread. Odds are Ballard + Booth(If Healthy) are getting bought out/dealt for picks/propsects this offseason.

SiCKNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:26 PM
nuckfan insk

i doubt nonis turned down scrivens and picks.
hope to see them crash and burn cause of it

im all for moving schneider

nuckfan insk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:30 PM
SiCKNESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan insk View Post

same here, I wouldnt mind Luongo being a Canuck for life. Could get alot from FLA, TOR, PHI, NYI..

SiCKNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:33 PM
ChillyPalmer

Quote:

You doubt it happened, but want them to fail because it did?

Odd thing to be bitter about.

As for Schneider, the Canucks would be foolish to move him. He has a good 7-8 years of goal-tending left in him, and I think he'll be better then he is now.

Build around him.

ChillyPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:

It was said by Dreger, and no point of saying a deal was declined, and due to his relation to Nonis, it was true. Now can you please stop expecting a giant return for Luongo?

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:48 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCKNESS View Post
Since Nonis rejected Scrivens + Picks for Luongo, i dont think there's a trade to be made there and that this off season the market for Luongo and his contract will be even less. So that being said, what could the Canucks get for Schneider. I'd be totally fine with Luongo being a Canuck for life.

Again Luongo will not get bought out, take that to Luongos thread. Odds are Ballard + Booth(If Healthy) are getting bought out/dealt for picks/propsects this offseason.
Source?

Luongo did say he would "scrap it if he could" about his contract. I'd say there's a pretty good chance he gets complianced this off-season

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Source?

Luongo did say he would "scrap it if he could" about his contract.
It's a pretty sneaky way of saying "I don't want to be a Vancouver Canuck anymore".

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
It's a pretty sneaky way of saying "I don't want to be a Vancouver Canuck anymore".
How do you figure? He's just frustrated because he knows it prevents a trade. I doubt he has any qualms staying if we did deal Schneider.

Anywho, on topic. I will revive the old Schnider + 1st for Couturier+

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:02 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Source?

Luongo did say he would "scrap it if he could" about his contract. I'd say there's a pretty good chance he gets complianced this off-season
Of course Luongo would be happy with a buyout. He'd get a @#$@# load of money from it and then could re-sign with the team of his choice. I doubt the onwners are all that into the idea of giving away 10s of millions of dollars though.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyPalmer View Post
You doubt it happened, but want them to fail because it did?

Odd thing to be bitter about.

As for Schneider, the Canucks would be foolish to move him. He has a good 7-8 years of goal-tending left in him, and I think he'll be better then he is now.

Build around him.
We have Eddie Lack, who has received a lot of praise from management at the lower levels. If Schneider can bring in assets that Lu obviously can't. That is the trade to make.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:07 PM
detredWINgs

Anyone know the details about the compliance buyouts and potential loopholes? Would it be possible for Gillis to let Luongo speak to other teams that he'd be willing to play for were he bought out?

Let's use Florida as an example:
Luongo makes a handshake agreement with Florida as though he were a free agent, agreeing to a 4 year, 20 million deal (no idea if thats accurate). Florida then offers, say, Scott Clemenson, a 1st round pick, and a prospect (again, no idea what his value would be) to Vancouver. Vancouver agrees. Vancouver then buys out Luongo, and he signs his deal with Florida.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Beziro

No one will be able to trade for Schneider because the asking price is way too steep for a 26 year old goaltender entering the prime of his career. Makes no sense from an organizational depth standpoint either.

Yes, it's a bit of a gamble but I think it is the right decision to wait until the summer. Things happen in the playoffs, long term injuries can occur, and business dynamics change from team-to-team, for example, the Leafs will see their goalies in the playoffs for the first time, the Flyers could buyout Bryzgalov, the Panthers may feel they need to have Luongo on their team to sell more tickets, even the Blackhawks may fizzle out in the first round because of their goaltending (who knows), and so on.

For all Canucks fans, you're lucky your team has been in the playoffs every year for a while now and made the Stanley Cup Finals in 2011. It's a 30-team league and any team wishes it could have the same success and opportunity at the Cup every year. The Canucks are still good enough to win it all.

Beziro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Smokey McCanucks

If Bishop gets Conacher and a 4th at the deadline, you'd expect Schneider to get a 1st and a 3rd, or a good prospect and a 3rd, at the draft. Maybe even more, maybe two good prospects and a pick.

The question is, who needs a good young goalie at the draft? Answer: New Jersey, the Islanders, MAYBE Buffalo or Philly depending what happens with Bryz/Miller.

Smokey McCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beziro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
We have Eddie Lack, who has received a lot of praise from management at the lower levels. If Schneider can bring in assets that Lu obviously can't. That is the trade to make.
There is no guarantee Eddie Lack is a NHL calibre goalie. He could turn out to be the next Steve Mason. He went undrafted for a reason.

Beziro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ronnyweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Anyone know the details about the compliance buyouts and potential loopholes? Would it be possible for Gillis to let Luongo speak to other teams that he'd be willing to play for were he bought out?

Luongo makes a handshake agreement with Florida as though he were a free agent, agreeing to a 4 year, 20 million deal (no idea if thats accurate). Florida then offers, say, Scott Clemenson, a 1st round pick, and a prospect (again, no idea what his value would be) to Vancouver. Vancouver agrees. Vancouver then buys out Luongo, and he signs his deal with Florida.
NHL would not allow assets to move for nothing.

Completely against the cba, if luongo is bought out that's it for Vancouver.

Also double whammy, luongo still gets his 60 million and would likely sign a very low cap hit deal with the new team allowing them to properly build and retain all of their assets.

ronnyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:22 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey McCanucks View Post
If Bishop gets Conacher and a 4th at the deadline, you'd expect Schneider to get a 1st and a 3rd, or a good prospect and a 3rd, at the draft. Maybe even more, maybe two good prospects and a pick.

The question is, who needs a good young goalie at the draft? Answer: New Jersey, the Islanders, MAYBE Buffalo or Philly depending what happens with Bryz/Miller.
The isles doctors just diagnosed Anders Nilson with B12 vitamin deficiency.This season's been a wasted one for him, but he's expected to be heathy by the start of next season.

Pouln's had an inconsistent and disappointing yr.Koskinen's having a good yr.

I don't see the isles shopping for a young goalie because I don't think they are ready to turn the page on Nilson/Poulin/Koskinen and because Nabby's proving to be a solid placeholder and veteran leader.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beziro View Post
There is no guarantee Eddie Lack is a NHL calibre goalie. He could turn out to be the next Steve Mason. He went undrafted for a reason.
If it meant the difference between nothing and a good prospect alongside a pick. I am content to take that risk. We have at least five years to determine what Lack is or have a suitable replacement - possibly using the pick as a means to do so.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:38 PM
palindrom

Question: was Schneider shopped today? And if so, why wasnt he traded while other team actually acquired goalies ?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:40 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey McCanucks View Post

Usually players have greater value (vs prospect or pick) at the deadline than at the draft.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:45 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beziro View Post
The next Steeve Mason?

Wake up, Eddie lack is actually older than Mason. And lack doesn't even have one game played in the NHL. He could become an UFA as soon as summer 2014 or 2015. (Depending on how many game he plays next year).

There are no comparison. Next year, Mason will be as young as Schneider was in his rookie season!

Last edited by palindrom: 04-03-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old
04-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Question: was Schneider shopped today? And if so, why wasnt he traded while other team actually acquired goalies ?
Who knows? But if he was shopped you can bet the price was higher than Cory Conacher.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:50 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Who knows? But if he was shopped you can bet the price was higher than Cory Conacher.
Of course it was higher, but then why wasn't Tampa or Philly willing to pay the asking price for Schneider instead of acquiring Bishop or Mason?

The only reason: they didn't thought it was worthwhile when option like Mason for a 3th and Bishop for Conacher was avaible around.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:51 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:

We don't want/need him in Florida.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:55 PM
palindrom

Quote:

it doesnt work.

Vancouver cant buys out Luongo after trading him to Florida. They need to buys him out while is is still under contract with Vancouver.
Then they cant trade him, because he is no longer with Vancouver.

They need to Buy him out first, and if it happen, i doubt Luongo would sign a new contract with Vancouver just to allow them to get some value out of a trade.

Why didnt Vancouver sign Sutter and Parise last summer then trade them to Minesota? Isnt it a loophole in the CBA?

Why didnt Gomez sign with Montreal after they bought him out, so they can trade Gomez to SJ?

Last edited by palindrom: 04-03-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old
04-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Of course it was higher, but then why wasn't Tampa or Philly willing to pay the asking price for Schneider instead of acquiring Bishop or Mason?

The only reason: they didn't thought it was worthwhile when option like Mason for a 3th and Bishop for Conacher was avaible around.
Because if Gillis was dead set on Couturier for Schneider(Which was rumoured to be what Ottawa was asking from Philly), or someone that most teams were simply unwilling to move, then that would end any traction. I assume trading Schneider is a worst case scenario in management's eyes, so it would take a pretty penny for them to trade him.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote