HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#36| Apr. 3, 2013| Canadiens at Flyers | 7:30 p.m. ET

Old
04-03-2013, 10:34 PM
CSKA1974

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
oh look, Another HF Flyers post game Bryzgalov thread.
moe defend Bryzst of the posters there defend Bryz. go figure

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:39 PM
WhiskeyBoarder
Flyers West HQ

Of course, the source of conversation tonight is Bryz. Everyone else played well. Including a defense that is just above AHL level.

A goalie has a single purpose: to block shots. When you duck from a shot, thus not blocking it, questions will asked.

Is this unfair?

WhiskeyBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MayonnaiseOreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Here's Bryz's excuse for ducking:

Please tell me that's from an awesome Twitter account.

MayonnaiseOreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
you think i give a rat's behind what other fan bases do ?

20th straight start.
2 points.
complain away .... i'll need a good laugh again tomoro .....

i'm happy. gnite
I'm happy about 2 points too, just because I can admit our goalie gave up ****** goals and hasn't played up to his contract at all doesn't mean I'm not happy we won. But whatever, keep having your blind faith in Bryz, it provides a lot of laughter to me and a lot of our fellow Flyers fans who browse the GDTs.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:40 PM
GingerFetish

Dude, that duck, his hands actually went up like he was cowering...wtf

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:40 PM
BernieParent

The skaters were majorly dominant (during the game I saw; darn my wife's love of American Idol!) tonight and though they benefitted from flukey bounces, they made their luck with relentless puck pursuit and a desire to get to the front of the Montreal net.

Wayne Simmonds, you represent all that Flyers hockey is. You should ask a teammate to hit you across the face before the opening faceoff (so to speak!) of every game.

And, 6 shots allowed over 2 periods for a team whose D corps is a corpse is pretty fabulous.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:41 PM
ahthorne

I thought the team played great. A lot of heart. All the key forwards are showing the want to win. Defense looks better than it has all year... without Coburn, Grossmann or Meszaros. Very strange.

I really think Gustafsson is turning into an NHLer. Much like Bourdon did last year. Lauridson isn't awful either. I don't know what's going on with Gervais but I don't mind that either. Luke Schenn is becoming one of my favourites on defense and these past 3 games have really highlighted that he doesn't deserve the negativity that surrounds him.

I'm not going to comment on Bryzgalov. These past two seasons and the game tonight speak for themselves. Hindsight is 20/20.

ahthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:46 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Ok, I know I'm going to get killed for this...but the "ducking" goal, any chance he was in the process of going down to the ice, saw the puck go up, and flung his arms up to try and get it? I don't think he ducked from the puck, I can't even fathom that.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Cmoneyflyguy

i'll give you the 3rd goal, but if Bryz saved the second goal on that 2 on 1 down low, it would've been a 10 bell sportscenter highlight.

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:53 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Hope we see Mason in goal agianst the Laffs.

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Ok, I know I'm going to get killed for this...but the "ducking" goal, any chance he was in the process of going down to the ice, saw the puck go up, and flung his arms up to try and get it? I don't think he ducked from the puck, I can't even fathom that.
Why fling your arms up like that if your head was in the way and would have made contact with it?

Once you lower your head to try and catch it instead, you are taking your eye off the puck and just guessing where it is going. I don't know.

Either way, we can all agree to make it four wins in a row tomorrow \o/

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:55 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Main board mostly agrees with you.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
Nope. Look at the replay from behind the net. He's not going down before the deflection, he goes down after he sees the puck coming toward his head.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Cmoneyflyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
Main board mostly agrees with you.
you mean the rational non-biased fans????

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Jtown

I pray mason looks like a stud against tml tomorrow.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:00 PM
LI Fly Guy

You have all summer to ***** about Bryz. Enjoy the win. As long as we in it might as well enjoy it. October is long ways away.

LI Fly Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:02 PM
LI Fly Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Hope we see Mason in goal agianst the Laffs.
Imagine he plays and stands on his head!?!? Id avoid this place for a few days hahaha

LI Fly Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
my point:

is it's pretty funny seeing guys like you gripe after a 3rd win a row

only in Negadephia
Dude. He ducked out of the way of the puck. He was awful overall. The team won despite him. It's an ongoing trend that's about 2 years old now. He's a major problem for the team, because a team with an awful and expensive goalie won't do a thing in the playoffs. So when he has yet another game where the team overcomes his performance to win anyways, it does annoy people, yes.

Quote:
He was actively hunching his head downwards in a ducking motion. It would've been unusual even if he was just trying to go down, because it would've have made him smaller either way and possibly inhibit his vision. There was one angle which made it look like a clear duck.

04-03-2013, 11:10 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
I've seen goaltenders do the quick overhead trapper snag, but you have to be so certain on a play like that because, as was said, you change your field of vision. As a longtime ultra-minor-league goaltender, I'd think the safest play is to bring one or both gloves up in front of your face, or make yourself even bigger to take the puck off the chest.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:18 PM
BernieParent

I do want to add that the second goal wasn't as bad as I envisaged. It was a tic-tac-toe play and, while Bryzgalov could have been quicker with the left pad, it would have been a tough save to make.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

I can't stress enough how awesome Simmonds looked tonight.

Hartnell had a really solid night as well.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:21 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Fine, I'll agree with those saying he didn't duck (which every replay confirms he did) but then, how do you defend his positioning on that goal and the other two for that matter.

The first goal, fine he's screened but rather than stay at the top of the crease and in the middle of the net, he completely gambles and guesses the wrong way. The second goal is borderline comical. Why? Why would you not stick out your pad in that instance rather than dragging your trapper on the ice?

His head is never in the game for 60 minutes and there is no argument that tonight, we won despite his piss poor play.

Bernier/Mason in 2014. Unite the Clans! (Canadian World Junior variety that is)

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:22 PM
BroadStreetPhila

Quote:
you think i give a rat's behind what other fan bases do ?

20th straight start.
2 points.
complain away .... i'll need a good laugh again tomoro .....

i'm happy. gnite
And yet, you've yet to credit the defense who have been playing incredible. 3 of their top 5 defensemen are out and everybody else is stepping up.

Not to mention... HE DUCKED. A SHOT. HE LITERALLY DUCKED OUT OF A SHOT.

That actually happened.

BroadStreetPhila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:25 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Just got back from the game, such a fun game to go to, was that the first game they won this season after being down in the third? Simmonds was beast, Brayden was buzzing, Read wanted that win bad. I really liked Gervais' game tonight, he has an underrated shot and was making good plays with the puck. Gustaffson looked really good on the Read goal but from the jumbotron it looked like it was his goal I thought it went in off 55 in front of the net. Gags-Feds-Knuble did well in the 1st and 2nd they got broken up in the 3rd but I thought all 3 played pretty well. McGinn was pretty invisible, I thought both him and Rinaldo were benched in the third but I suppose it was just him as Rinaldo was hurt. Laurisden(sp?) didn't impress or disappoint. I feel like they really limited his ice time halfway through the game. Early on it felt like he got a lot of shifts.

Bryz ducking the puck I have no words to describe how I felt seeing that. The 2nd goal I can't put all on him but he wasn't even close his lateral movement is awful. Subban rang the post earlier in the same period and the same thing he wasn't even on the right side of the net before it hit the post. I couldn't tell from the replay or my view of the first goal whether he was screened or not but I'll just leave it at that. I really hope hes bought out this summer.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:27 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
Fine, I'll agree with those saying he didn't duck (which every replay confirms he did) but then, how do you defend his positioning on that goal and the other two for that matter.

The first goal, fine he's screened but rather than stay at the top of the crease and in the middle of the net, he completely gambles and guesses the wrong way. The second goal is borderline comical. Why? Why would you not stick out your pad in that instance rather than dragging your trapper on the ice?

His head is never in the game for 60 minutes and there is no argument that tonight, we won despite his piss poor play.
First goal was a clear screen and Emelin's shot found the far corner. That gets scored on pretty much every goaltender in the league.

Second goal was on an odd-man break and was a pass-pass-shoot play. An athletic goaltender (Quick, Kiprusoff, for example) would have led with the pad and made the save. Bryzgalov relies more on positioning and made an awkward glove stab at a difficult play. So-so in the grand scheme of things.

Third goal was dumb.