HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what is up with Boynton's skating?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-27-2003, 03:23 PM
  #1
Black Eye
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
what is up with Boynton's skating?

I don't know if this is just something I am noticing tonight or if it has been this way for awhile, but doesn't Boynton look sluggish out there? He is not winning the foot races and guys are blowing by him pretty easily. Is he hurting in some way that is effecting his speed or is he just slower of foot than I thought? It's really jumping out at me tonight for some reason.

 
Old
12-27-2003, 03:49 PM
  #2
Bruwinz37
Registered User
 
Bruwinz37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye
I don't know if this is just something I am noticing tonight or if it has been this way for awhile, but doesn't Boynton look sluggish out there? He is not winning the foot races and guys are blowing by him pretty easily. Is he hurting in some way that is effecting his speed or is he just slower of foot than I thought? It's really jumping out at me tonight for some reason.
Someone please wake me when the nightmare that is Nick Boynton is over. I am not buying any excuses anymore. He is NOT a rookie, I dont care if he has some personal issues he is being paid close to 2 million dollars and he is NOT coming through for us the way he is supposed to do. He is NOT even average right now. He is Kultanen like.....but playing 20 mins a game.

Dont trade Gill for Poti...trade Boynton for Poti. At least Gill is playing with balls.

Hey alright.....way to punt the puck into your own net....nice clear too!

Bruwinz37 is online now  
Old
12-27-2003, 03:54 PM
  #3
Gary
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Behind enemy lines
Posts: 5,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye
I don't know if this is just something I am noticing tonight or if it has been this way for awhile, but doesn't Boynton look sluggish out there? He is not winning the foot races and guys are blowing by him pretty easily. Is he hurting in some way that is effecting his speed or is he just slower of foot than I thought? It's really jumping out at me tonight for some reason.
Boyntons biggest problem is'nt skating...It's either a) coaching or b) his own doing...but he should be talking the body first and worrying about the puck second. HOW MANY BLOODY TIMES DO YOU SEE HIM FISHING FOR A PUCK INSTEAD OF ELIMINATING A MAN IN THE CREASE CAUSING US GOALS AGAINST? It's $##$ing driving me insane. Does Sullivan actually WANT him searching for a puck in traffic because of his "puck posession" game?? Either way-if it's a coaching decision or his own choice Sully is to blame...Bench him for not paying attention to fundementals...dont reward icetime and in key situations (PK/PP). In all fairness to Sullivan-He probably thinks he's coaching a soccer team not a hockey team. KPD-Give Sully a call and tell him defensemen are not only ALLOWED, but REQUIRED to hit in this sport...geez :mad:

Gary is offline  
Old
12-27-2003, 04:00 PM
  #4
Bruwinz37
Registered User
 
Bruwinz37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary
Boyntons biggest problem is'nt skating...It's either a) coaching or b) his own doing...but he should be talking the body first and worrying about the puck second. HOW MANY BLOODY TIMES DO YOU SEE HIM FISHING FOR A PUCK INSTEAD OF ELIMINATING A MAN IN THE CREASE CAUSING US GOALS AGAINST? It's $##$ing driving me insane. Does Sullivan actually WANT him searching for a puck in traffic because of his "puck posession" game?? Either way-if it's a coaching decision or his own choice Sully is to blame...Bench him for not paying attention to fundementals...dont reward icetime and in key situations (PK/PP). In all fairness to Sullivan-He probably thinks he's coaching a soccer team not a hockey team. KPD-Give Sully a call and tell him defensemen are not only ALLOWED, but REQUIRED to hit in this sport...geez :mad:
Lets not put the blame any other place than it should be.....on Nick Boynton's shouders. Thats it. It is NOT because Mike Sullivan coaches a certain way its because Nick Boynton is not playing well.

I know everyone wants to blame a coach or the most laughable excuse...the slow defense partner.....but the problem is only Boynton himself.

Bruwinz37 is online now  
Old
12-27-2003, 04:03 PM
  #5
Gary
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Behind enemy lines
Posts: 5,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
Lets not put the blame any other place than it should be.....on Nick Boynton's shouders. Thats it. It is NOT because Mike Sullivan coaches a certain way its because Nick Boynton is not playing well.

I know everyone wants to blame a coach or the most laughable excuse...the slow defense partner.....but the problem is only Boynton himself.
you're misinterpreting what i meant. i meant that sully is to blame for him getting so much icetime and for not making boynton accountable. Saying nothing and giving him key important minutes when he's playing like a AHL'er is NOT the way to coach. On a sidenote-Kutlak looks pretty good to me. He's got some good wheels, Dont make QUICK decisions with the puck, passes well, uses the boards for outlets. Fundementally sound but unspectacular...a guy that looks like he can fill in without hurting you

Gary is offline  
Old
12-27-2003, 04:06 PM
  #6
Black Eye
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
I have to say that Boynton has really been stinking it up. I'm a big fan of him but you can't hide the fact that he has been awful. 3 damn shorthanded goals tonight and I keep seeing Boynton looking glumly in the net for each one. I'm still not in favor of dealing him, but they really need to deemphasize his role this year and put him on the 3rd pair or something. He needs to earn his way back up the ladder. It's tough to watch, way too many games with him making several glaring errors. He looks exactly like Berard looked last year in his really bad stretch in the second half.

 
Old
12-27-2003, 04:09 PM
  #7
Bruwinz37
Registered User
 
Bruwinz37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary
you're misinterpreting what i meant. i meant that sully is to blame for him getting so much icetime and for not making boynton accountable. Saying nothing and giving him key important minutes when he's playing like a AHL'er is NOT the way to coach. On a sidenote-Kutlak looks pretty good to me. He's got some good wheels, Dont make QUICK decisions with the puck, passes well, uses the boards for outlets. Fundementally sound but unspectacular...a guy that looks like he can fill in without hurting you
My apologies. You are right. Why he keeps getting time on the PP makes me wonder what Sullivan is thinking. Why isnt Jillson on the PP? For the past few games he has been great IMO.

Bruwinz37 is online now  
Old
12-27-2003, 04:15 PM
  #8
Gary
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Behind enemy lines
Posts: 5,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
My apologies. You are right. Why he keeps getting time on the PP makes me wonder what Sullivan is thinking. Why isnt Jillson on the PP? For the past few games he has been great IMO.
Jillys been my favorite dman all year. a couple of reasons...1) HE WORKS HARD May not be the best but if everyone on 'd' had his energy level we'd be a helluva lot better off 2) He was our only 'd' that did'nt slip into a month long error-prone mode 3) He's like bergeron-keeps getting better and better...and you just GOTTA LOVE seeing the youngsters develop

Gary is offline  
Old
12-27-2003, 04:20 PM
  #9
Magnus Fulgur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 7,354
vCash: 500
boynton

I am all for trading Boynton. He is on what they call in France "Le Plateau du Boynton." Get rid off him, he is not our future #1, #2, #3, or #4 so please ditch him for a real top four before other GMs wake up!!!

Boynton and Muzz for a real top dman and a real top forward.

PS...I want JJ to fire MOC, and let that guy make a trade without such pressure. MOC is dealing from weakness (as he always has) and isn't going to get full value. Has MOC EVER traded someone proactively? Oh yeah, he traded Stumpel for a pick!!!

Magnus Fulgur is offline  
Old
12-27-2003, 04:27 PM
  #10
Gary
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Behind enemy lines
Posts: 5,307
vCash: 500
PS...I want JJ to fire MOC, and let that guy make a trade without such pressure. MOC is dealing from weakness (as he always has) and isn't going to get full value. Has MOC EVER traded someone proactively? Oh yeah, he traded Stumpel for a pick!!![/QUOTE]

I think MOC is his own worst enemy. He's done a pretty good job of gathering talent and then lets his pride get in the way by hiring a 'yes man' for 2 years to make himself look better. That's all fine and dandy-problem being though that if the coach is'nt allowed to weigh-in and ***** about the players without the GM giving him the boot and the players know this full well, well...When the cat's out the mice play. Burns/Keenan had most of the same group playing with real passion. How can you get through to a player/players when they have more pull then you because the GM is full of pride and thinks he already has all the pieces inplace. I think MOC is in for a rude awakening-him AND his ego very soon...

Gary is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.