HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We Got Outplayed But wow The Flyers Should Buy a Lottery Ticket

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
Can't wait to see

2nd round pick 2013-Desharnais-Gallagher

next game! It's time for this 2nd round pick to show us what he is made of!
Makes no sense to talk like that as the Gallagher you mentioned in your line was once a "Time for this 5th round pick to show us what he is made of"....Picks often becomes players.....

Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I have the feeling this team will never fix the grit problem, whatever the GM.

It's an never-ending vicious circle.
I think they will and have started with Bergy....but today's game is why I do not want to face the Leafs. I don't want to face a big/physical team with some scoring touch in the playoffs.

Old
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
2 own goals.
1 off Simmonds skate.
an ENG.
And I forget the other goal they scored.
Pass/shot off the backboard that gagne one timed in ( poor defensive coverage but price had no chance).

When it was 3/2 Price kept us in it. It sucks we lost but its not on price tonight.

Old
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
No, but he wasn't consistent. Turned the puck over alot, and his offensive zone control was not like it normally is. The problem I have with him is that he has been holding on to the puck for too long, been happening frequently.

I think Chucky at least deserves a shot, he hasn't been bad. He's been back checking great and his awareness is growing. Although he still needs to get bigger.
Chuckie can get in line eller has been waiting for a chance to play center in the top six for over a year now.

Eller wasn't bad or good today and today we needed a good player to step up. None of our top offensive players decided to show up and that goes for eller as well. However eller was definitely not the focal point of our loss, and to say eller had a disgusting is definitely not true.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:48 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
In the playoffs, Habs will face this kind of tiring and tough game. Not sure if they are ready.

Tonight, Flyers woke up after the little incident at the end of the 1st period and Habs were out of their game, playing into Flyers hands. Flyers started hinting constantly the Ds, especially Subban.
We've played in a few games like this so far and we have come out on top. We had a bad game tonight, but we have to remember that under MT were a proactive, aggressive team with guts, I'm not afraid of anyone in the playoffs.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

I think the play that fired up the Flyers was Subban's runaway train hit on Schenn.

When the Flyers came out for the 2nd they were amped up.

Sometimes I think it's better to just let sleeping dogs lie....

Old
04-03-2013, 09:49 PM
sheed36

I just checked out the boxscore of this game on NHL.com and I think it pissed me off even more.. Outshot 26-6 in the final 2 periods is beyond pathetic.

They should be rested for tomorrows game since they stood around for 2 periods tonight.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Horrible game overall but for me there was a single point in the game where it turned and Travis Moen is a complete moron and has no sense in his damn head.

1-0 MTL start of the second, perfect road game, the crowd is out of it and they're dictating the play.

What does moron do? Goes out and fights Simmonds in Philly when the crowd is dead. What does the Philly crowd like? HRM! From that point on the team was dominated, even when they had the lead.

For me, Moen has been awful this year but even if you're not having a great year doesn' tmean you can't be useful but when you go out and turn momentum on completely avoidable plays you deserve to sit.

/end rant

Old
04-03-2013, 09:51 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I think they will and have started with Bergy....but today's game is why I do not want to face the Leafs. I don't want to face a big/physical team with some scoring touch in the playoffs.
Grind and pound and pound again and again.

The more physical you are against the Habs, the more they revert to a very sloppy team that loses patience with the puck.

A simple and effective strategy that the Leafs/Bruins or any other team in the playoffs will use and exploit.

Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
They could have gotten a D with grit like Sutton or Sarich but instead he went and got a boring D with no grit like Gauthier would have gotten. All he did was get Prust and that's it. Even after we got our ***** were handed to us by the Leafs.

Old
Rozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
It's like we just got eliminated in a 4 game sweep in the playoffs.
ya lol .. people need to chill .. tonight sucked but that happens once in a while.. so .. meh

Old
Not The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
DD line sucked for the most part, Gionta invisible, Ryder a non-factor... Eller at least was involved and made some good plays, had some good scoring chances.
For real?

DD got 1g 1a, finished at +1 and won 10/19 faceoffs.

Eller was involved in being -4, won ONE faceoff all night and didn't get a point.

So the first one sucked and the last one gets a pass? Insanity.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

It's really tricky to manage back-to-back games from a team's viewpoint...

Old
04-03-2013, 09:53 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Chuckie can get in line eller has been waiting for a chance to play center in the top six for over a year now.

Eller wasn't bad or good today and today we needed a good player to step up. None of our top offensive players decided to show up and that goes for eller as well. However eller was definitely not the focal point of our loss, and to say eller had a disgusting is definitely not true.
Seriously man. Even the biggest fans of Eller recognize that he was atrocious tonight.

Its OK to admit that he had a horrible game.

Old
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
I think the play that fired up the Flyers was Subban's runaway train hit on Schenn.

When the Flyers came out for the 2nd they were amped up.

Sometimes I think it's better to just let sleeping dogs lie....
Agreed I love subban but sometimes he doesn't always have to chase down a big hit, sometimes it leads to a temper between him and his target. Which leads to frustration, which leads to penalties. If he can calm himself when things get heated that will go a long way.

Old
Nedved

I just want beaulieu back out there.

the guy moved the puck well in his 1st two games, and can move the puck out of his end.

not sure what happens now, can collberg be called up?

kristo won't be with us until after his playoffs I thought?

Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Can't wait to see

2nd round pick 2013-Desharnais-Gallagher

next game! It's time for this 2nd round pick to show us what he is made of!
We should do like the Leafs, trade our 1st for a winger

Old
04-03-2013, 09:54 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
It wasn't a lack of toughness that made us lose, it was lack of urgency/intensity. We stopped cycling and controlling the puck. I can't stand all these Price bashers/smurf-myth promoters after every loss! We're not a soft team and we simply sat back and fell asleep, end of story.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Rozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
I'm not really worried about this loss. Flyers are fighting for their playoff lives and played this game in overdrive all game long. Habs are starting a 3 games in 4 nights set with a back-to-back tomorrow and a big division match-up on Saturday. They didn't exhibit the same desperation that the Flyers did, because that's what the Flyers did - they played with desperation.

Considering what the Rangers did today and tonight, I doubt the Flyers will have enough to get into the playoffs, unless N.J. falls out even then NYI are playing well too.
this x 2 .. there were several times tonight where i thought the Habs seemed to not be all that interested in playing hard

Old
Yvon11

Quote:
We got no depth .. WE ARE SO SCREWED IF PLEKS IS OUT LONG TERM
This is so true. Zero top six depth. You mean Bergevin could not spare a third round pick for Torres, or a second rounder for Roy?

Old
deandebean

Montreal played much tougher games this year, and they came through. They just cam out flat. Nothing to do with 'playoff hockey'. They were plain flat.

Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
They could have gotten a D with grit like Sutton or Sarich but instead he went and got a boring D with no grit like Gauthier would have gotten. All he did was get Prust and that's it. Even after we got our ***** were handed to us by the Leafs.
Sutton is slow and useless...Sarich isn't that good either. I"m all for grit and size, but it can't just be anyone. I wanted Clowe so badly but looks like the price was just too high. At the end of the day though...if the Habs aren't going to produce these kinds of players they need to be willing to pay for them.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Seriously man. Even the biggest fans of Eller recognize that he was atrocious tonight.

great, the eller haters are out.

the guy created some great chances in the 1st, and was strong on the puck. cannot help pucks take bad bounces.

never ends with the eller bashing here.

Old
HatTricK09

vCash: 50
We need to work on our PP.
We started the 2nd on the PP, had we at least pressured the Flyers during that first 2 minutes, game could have gone a different way, but instead we couldn't build any momentum at all.

Old
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

It's ok to admit your looking for a target to blame the loss on.

And no no I don't think he had an atrocious game, sorry I can't think of a play where he **** the bed offensively or defensively. The only play that I can think of is gagne's goal but even then that was a pretty lucky bounce.

Closed Thread