HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Great or Greatest Dane Edition

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 06:32 PM
SB164

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I understand where the "tunnel vision" accusations come from, because he's not really creative, the way Desharnais is. Desharnais is more of an orthodox playmaker, a guy who does everything with the intention of setting up for his wingers.

It's clear Eller thrives with a playmaking winger, but that doesn't mean he's not a playmaker at all, or has no intelligence out there. Plekanec is better with a playmaking winger too, and Plekanec is one of the smartest players on the team - but in a workmanlike way; Plek probably has even less creativity than Eller. But creativity is only one part of it.
Don't agree with that whatsoever. Pleks' vision on the ice is fantastic, very creative out there. Have you never noticed some of the great passes he makes when he's on his game? Unfortunately, guys like Gionta don't always bury them or else he'd have a lot more assists.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Yeah, upon reflection, I think MT wanted to send a drastic message early in the season to make it clear things were different and it just happened to be Eller who was picked as the sacrificial lamb.
Can't say I agree with that. If anything, it looked like last year all over again. Whole team plays like crap, and it's Eller taking the blame.
Eller was used on the 4th line. We lost, the 4th liner gets replaced.

This kid has had about a million sticks thrown in his skates. Every coach puts some fingerprints on their players in a positive way (RC aside, I think this guy was horrible and thought absolutely nothing to our guys), but most of the credit goes to Eller imo. He's the guy that has had to work for his success the most out of all the other players since joining our team.
He still isn't getting all that he deserves. He still hasn't been given a chance with two top 6 wingers nor is he getting PP time. It's all less of an issue because we sit at the top of our division, but that doesn't mean he's getting exactly what he should.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Don't agree with that whatsoever. Pleks' vision on the ice is fantastic, very creative out there. Have you never noticed some of the great passes he makes when he's on his game? Unfortunately, guys like Gionta don't always bury them or else he'd have a lot more assists.
In terms of playmaking abilities perhaps, but in terms of stickhandling/deking Eller is ahead of Plekanec.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:44 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
In terms of playmaking abilities perhaps, but in terms of stickhandling/deking Eller is ahead of Plekanec.
*sigh*

If Plekanec could stickhandle and deke, he'd be a poor man's Datsyuk. Ah well, can't have it all.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
*sigh*

If Plekanec could stickhandle and deke, he'd be a poor man's Datsyuk. Ah well, can't have it all.
No... He'd be Datsyuk

He's a poor man Datsyuk ATM

Old
03-20-2013, 06:49 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
No... He'd be Datsyuk

He's a poor man Datsyuk ATM
Yup.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Before the season i thought Eller would be the first center to be trade but right now he is a beast and one of the 5 best Habs player with Gallagher, Price, Subban and Plekanec. He his definately a top 6 forward.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:59 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
Before the season i thought Eller would be the first center to be trade but right now he is a beast and one of the 5 best Habs player with Gallagher, Price, Subban and Plekanec. He his definately a top 6 forward.
I think at the rate he's going he's almost a top6. He'll probably break out this playoffs (hopefully) or as late as next season. Either way he's become a huge asset for us, he'll be one of the most important pieces to the Stanley cup puzzle,

Old
03-20-2013, 07:15 PM
SB164

I don't think the rest of the league really takes Eller's contribution when looking at our young guys. They focus on Price, Pacioretty, and Subban obviously, then Gallagher, and also Galchenyuk down the road. But Eller's the ace in the hole right now if he keeps up his play.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:21 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Plekanec is a well above average passer and possibly the smartest player on the team, but I find his game very direct and not creative. A lot if it is because of his own skill limitations, his hands can't quite keep up with his speed, but besides that, like I said, his game is very north-south and direct, he doesn't slow things down or set up plays the way Desharnais or sometimes Eller do. Plekanec is definitely a playmaker in his own right but his passes are the type that take advantage of an opportunity rather than construct them out of nothing, if you know what I mean.

It's one reason I miss having a decent playmaker on his wing, and why see Jagr there would have been something, Plek is at his best when he has someone he can pass back and forth with.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:29 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
I don't think the rest of the league really takes Eller's contribution when looking at our young guys. They focus on Price, Pacioretty, and Subban obviously, then Gallagher, and also Galchenyuk down the road. But Eller's the ace in the hole right now if he keeps up his play.
The fans and media might not, but the pro scouts and Gm's in the league are most definitely paying attention. This doesn't mean that I expect him to be traded though, I highly doubt that happens.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:16 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Ouch, baby. Very ouch.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Teufelsdreck

Eller had as miserable a game as one could have against the Flyers. He owes his team an outstanding effort against the Bruins to make up for it.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:37 PM
pine

vCash: 50
ayayyayeayae. Not his best game.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Kriss E

Who played well tonight??..

Old
04-03-2013, 09:45 PM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Wayne Simmonds.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:47 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Desharnais, Pacioretty, Prust, Price.

DD and Pacs catch all the crap all the time. Price gets hammered a lot. And Prust is still regarded as a 4th liner by over half of this board.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:48 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

DD and Pacs catch all the crap all the time. Price gets hammered a lot. And Prust is still regarded as a 4th liner by over half of this board.
huh... not tonight, average at best.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

So, 4 guys played well out of 19, according to you..That pretty much says it all.

Personally I don't think anybody played particularly well. I'd say MaxPac and DD didn't play bad, but wouldn't go as far as to say they were good either.

Price kept us in the game for as long as he could.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Guilliam

He's gonna have to step up if Pleks is injured for a little while. He can't blow up his defensive coverage like he did on Gagné's goal.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:58 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
huh... not tonight, average at best.
True. He only scored one goal.

Damn him for not getting another.

Love it. DD not getting any appreciation on a Lars Eller love fest thread on a night when Eller sets the record for face off futility as a center and is a -4 and DD gets two points.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:01 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
True. He only scored one goal.

Damn him for not getting another.

Love it. DD not getting any appreciation on a Lars Eller love fest thread on a night when Eller sets the record for face off futility as a center and is a -4 and DD gets two points.

kinda strange that the only player you talk about is Eller considering you could only name 4 who had a decent game. (not just here).

Old
04-03-2013, 10:02 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
DD not getting any appreciation on a Lars Eller love fest thread
Probably because it's a Lars Eller thread.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:09 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Probably because it's a Lars Eller thread.

That's rich.

Been to the Desharnais thread lately?

Old
04-03-2013, 10:14 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
kinda strange that the only player you talk about is Eller considering you could only name 4 who had a decent game. (not just here).
I just picked out the three most bashed Habs players and threw in the most under-appreciated third liner(who should be a 4th liner according to most) Hab player out there for good measure.

Big difference between could and wanted to.

Closed Thread