HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguins @ Rangers 4/3/13 - Byron Boy's JAM Session!

View Poll Results: Three Stars of the Game?
Ryane Clowe 252 96.92%
Derick Brassard 230 88.46%
John Moore 57 21.92%
Henrik Lundqvist 33 12.69%
Martin Biron 4 1.54%
Carl Hagelin 2 0.77%
Byron Boy 131 50.38%
Rick Nash 2 0.77%
Anton Stralman 3 1.15%
Ryan McDonagh 11 4.23%
Dan Girardi 4 1.54%
Taylor Pyatt 2 0.77%
Ryan Callahan 2 0.77%
Brad Richards 21 8.08%
Derek Stepan 10 3.85%
Steve Eminger 1 0.38%
Michael Del Zotto 2 0.77%
Darroll Powe 4 1.54%
Arron Asham 3 1.15%
Mats Zuccarello 7 2.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

vCash: 500
You're telling me that we beat the Pens 6-1, won our only fight, and Callahan, Nash, Zucc, and Hags all went point less?

What the ****?

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Love the Clowe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
My God. I love this man.
So you both DO believe in love at first sight !

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:01 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I dont care if we win or lose.. (I mean I do but).. as long as we put that kind of effort into every game I'll be a happy fan. Thats all you can ask for from a team is effort, and tonight they gave it.
Yep. 100%

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Oh God yes. Prop 8 be damned.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Were the Penguins terrible tonight? Yes.

Did the Rangers capitalize on their chances? Yes.

The latter is the main difference from this new look team and the team we had just yesterday. Was Brassard's amazing passing "because of the other team"? Was Richards' amazing passing "because of the other team"? These are skill plays we haven't seen from our prior team.

Yeah, the sample size is small, and I'm not ready to say the Gaborik trade is 100% for the better (although the Clowe trade is easily a 100% for me, I was behind that move from the beginning)., but there are positive signs here. I don't see the point of just saying "oh, the Penguins were terrible" when there were very positive signs from our side that probably would have been there even if the Pens were playing better. The mindset of the team was very clear and it was a good mindset. They seemed a lot more confident. This could be a big "turning point" game, IMO. Let's hope that's what happens.

Lundsanity30

I think the Rangers found their #6 dman when Staal comes back.. Torts doesnt even know Moore and he played a ton.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Agreed. I was hoping Clowe would after Neal slewfooted someone early.

But it's totally shocking to see the golden boys play dirty, isn't it? Makes so much sense to see those losers play so reckless since they never get called for it.
Neal always jumps when he hits I've noticed. He just doesn't care for the health of other players it seems. He's gonna need to drop the gloves next game.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Believer

I don't think we are a multifaceted team in terms of style. But, *******, if we are going to play grind/grit we retooled really well with the guys we acquired. Clowe is an amazing forechecker.

Rangers were relentless on the forecheck.

Boyle looks way better as a wing, especially when he doesn't have to make decisions with the puck on the breakout. I hope he keeps it up.

PP looked good because Rangers were outmuscling the pens Pker's along the wall. We look like we can actually play low in the zone on the PP now. Thats going to wreck havoc on Pk units that like to pressure the points.

A BIG plus in the game was that the Rangers were constantly getting bodies to the net. Something they haven't done effectively all season.

Hamrlik out of lineup obviously made us more mobile on our backend. We get Staal back and our blueline is VERY deep. Really liked how Moore looked. I think he is a great skater.

If there was any negative for the Rangers its our breakouts were at times poor. Transition game still needs work. Rangers cannot consistently flub passes on the transition. Teams will make us pay for sloppy work in the neutral zone.

Also Rangers have to be more careful on the wall in D zone. You can't keep on forcing plays up the wall if the lane isn't there. Hags did it in the game and it cost us a goal.

Also, Pens D looked Marsh mellow soft.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
@JimCerny: Brassard & Moore arrived six minutes before warmups, Torts: "I shook their hands & told them to go have fun"

This makes sense.

When's the last time this team looked like it was having fun playing hockey?

Old
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Love the Clowe.
But...pickz!

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
I'm certain that it happens all the time

Old
04-03-2013, 11:03 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Well I've loved Clowe for 4 seasons now, so I've got most people here beat!

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Maybe, getting away from the franchise that drafted you #6 overall, and all of the expectations that come with such matters, and going to a team that already has both a veteran center like Richards, and a young stud like Stepan, allows Brassard the opportunity to find his place without the burden he's been accustomed to.
We will see, he definitely has the tools, will he be consistent enough? Or maybe this is the spark he needs. I am cautiously optimistic.

On the other hand, his only contact with Torts was a handshake, wait until he goes through a couple of practices

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

The latter is the main difference from this new look team and the team we had just yesterday. Was Brassard's amazing passing "because of the other team"? Was Richards' amazing passing "because of the other team"? These are skill plays we haven't seen from our prior team.

Yeah, the sample size is small, and I'm not ready to say the Gaborik trade is 100% for the better (although the Clowe trade is easily a 100% for me, I was behind that move from the beginning)., but there are positive signs here. I don't see the point of just saying "oh, the Penguins were terrible" when there were very positive signs from our side that probably would have been there even if the Pens were playing better. The mindset of the team was very clear and it was a good mindset. They seemed a lot more confident. This could be a big "turning point" game, IMO. Let's hope that's what happens.
I have waited far, far too long to see those words

Old
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

i dont understand how people are jumping on those being pessimistic/doubtful. did you guys just start watching this season tonight?

it was a good win but lets wait a few games before we plan the parade.

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Neal always jumps when he hits I've noticed. He just doesn't care for the health of other players it seems. He's gonna need to drop the gloves next game.
He's become a scum bag since moving to Pitt. I never noticed him playing this dirty as a Star.

Old
trilobyte

Richards has played well for a number of games.

When you look at a guy like Brad Richards, it's a fact that you know he has the talent, and you wonder why it does not assert itself.

Since nobody knows what makes teams click, or knows how to construct chemistry, let's hope that the talent that Richards has (it is not gone) continues to appear, like it should.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

Hoping you are right.

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:05 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post
i dont understand how people are jumping on those being pessimistic/doubtful. did you guys just start watching this season tonight?

it was a good win but lets wait a few games before we plan the parade.
Because it just makes you people look like spoil sports. Just enjoy the damn win. This board has been ****ing miserable this season with all of the whining and complaining. So just be quiet and let everyone be happy for once. Is it that much to ask?

Old
04-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Lundsanity30

If you would have told me the final score was 6-1 and Nash/Stepan/Callahan combined for 1 point, I clearly would have thought Pittsburgh won.. Geez.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:07 PM
darko

Well this turned out helluva lot better than I thought it would.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:07 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Because it just makes you people look like spoil sports. Just enjoy the damn win. This board has been ****ing miserable this season with all of the whining and complaining. So just be quiet and let everyone be happy for once. Is it that much to ask?
It'd be one thing if we grinded out a 2-1 win against a shorthanded Pitt team that looked like they did tonight.

We absolutely toyed with them, though. Is there reason to be upset? Absolutely not.

I can understand some guys posting "wait and see" but everybody should be pleased about tonight specifically.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:09 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
It'd be one thing if we grinded out a 2-1 win against a shorthanded Pitt team that looked like they did tonight.

We absolutely toyed with them, though. Is there reason to be upset? Absolutely not.

I can understand some guys posting "wait and see" but everybody should be pleased about tonight specifically.
Yeah. I mean, we have some people acting like this wasn't a big or good win. I mean . . . are you kidding? This board. Man alive.

****, Larry Menylk would be happy and celebrating with this win (wherever he is, I'm sure he's stoked).

Old
ajdj10

Trade Clowe while his value is still high!

ajdj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lundsanity30

Ever occur to you guys that Pittsburgh might have been "off" because the rangers were all over them all night?