HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Best/Worst Trades Of The Day

Old
04-03-2013, 09:18 PM
RWatson29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatfist View Post
In all fairness to the brevity of that report, Murray likely tried to go Bishop ++ for Couturier. Which Holmgren, rightly balked at. Happy they didn't bite on Rinaldo + a 2nd.

I guess the Wild are all in, but I'd rather be a Buffalo fan tonight. I mark that one as the best
Ahhh i didn't hear the full story then haha.

RWatson29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:22 PM
RWatson29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswrjobe53 View Post
Conacher >>>>>> Kadri
Lol i've known the Conacher family since i went to kindergarden. But I would not say Cory is close to Nazem Kadri. Hes got alot of stuff he needs to work on. Nazem has also been developing at an NHL level for some years now.

RWatson29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:01 PM
umwoz

I think the only reason nobody has said the WSH trade was the best is because no Nashville fans have chimed in yet. Don't even try to sell me that WSH fans were souring on Forsberg before today.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
I think the only reason nobody has said the WSH trade was the best is because no Nashville fans have chimed in yet. Don't even try to sell me that WSH fans were souring on Forsberg before today.
As bad as that was I'd still take what happened to us over Minnesota any day.

Halpysback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
where are these bishop for rinaldo and a 2nd reports coming from?

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:20 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
most of our posters are over the moon excited but we do have an immediate hole in the top 6 that FF wont fill for at least 2 years, if not more. I dont think Preds fans are in a mindset to accept a two to three year rebuild, but thats what we could be looking at if we dont add some significant pieces this summer

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:24 PM
sycamore

Trading Forsberg basically killed whatever excitement I had for the future of my Washington Capitals. I'm done with them as a team. Perhaps in 5-10 years when they've begun the rebuilding process I might take an interest in them again, but as of right now, they've blown it, forget them, time to take an interest in the Nationals.

sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Duffman955

Minnesota and the Caps trades sucked.

At least Pomminville is a good player. Erat is just a dime a dozen old 2nd-3rd liner.

Duffman955 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
I think time will tell on the Bishop/Conacher trade.

For all we know Conacher could fall off the face of the earth in 3 years while Bishop is putting up Vezina quality numbers. Then people will say how SY stole Bishop from Ottawa.

Look at the Heatley to SJ deal. Everyone said Ottawa got fleeced. At this point I would take Michalek (injuries and all) over Heatley any day.

Last edited by SnS: 04-04-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Qward is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:28 PM
sergejean

Best: Buffalo-Minny
Worst: Wash-Nash

sergejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Duffman955

Bishop concher trade looked fine to me. Potential starting goalie for a 2nd liner with upside.

Duffman955 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Bishop concher trade looked fine to me. Potential starting goalie for a 2nd liner with upside.
Pretty much. I don't love it but our prospect forward depth is so deep that I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

That Washington trade was... odd.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:00 PM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Parochial choice, no doubt, but for me the best trades today were the ones that didn't get made for goalies to mentor or overshadow Reimer. Let's see how things unfold.
My thought exactly.

But for the purpose of this thread, a few teams (Sabres, Bleu Jackers, Rangers, Wild, and Senators) did quite well.

Caps and Lightning.. not so mcuh.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:05 PM
bigfatfist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
where are these bishop for rinaldo and a 2nd reports coming from?
People quoting Pierre LeBrun at ESPN/TSN.

bigfatfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:12 PM
IranCondraAffair

I don't understand why people are saying the Washington trade doesn't make sense. It makes perfect sense. Forsberg was the cost the Caps had to pay to exchange Semin for Erat.

Last offseason, Washington divorced themselves of Semin. It needed to be done. tThe marriage wasn't working, every fan could see that. Because of this, Washington needed a new quality winger for their team. Whatever you might think of Erat that is EXACTLY what he is. A quality, two-way 2nd line winger on virtually any NHL team in the league.

Right now, the Caps are THIS close to a playoff berth. They have sorely missed secondary scoring however and with Winnipeg and Carolina dropping the ball, Washington smells blood. Making the playoffs is HUGE for them. Ovy and the rest of the core is excellent and together they could go far. This is a contending team and you can't just give up and entire year of a contending team because it will cost you an asset. Very few players are worth an entire season.

Washington has done well managing their assets for the most part. Giving up Forsberg won't ruin the team. Washington has quality players throughout it's roster already. Yes, they could have re-signed Semin and kept a quality prospect for the future, that would have been a much better way to manage their assets. It's too late for that now though, the divorce is finalized, and Washington stills needed a winger.

Will it work? Maybe. It's a gamble, but a good one. In the playoffs, anything can happen. If Washington goes far, people will call it a genius move.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:26 PM
JamieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
+: BUFFALO: adding all those picks and prospect, to a already decent core

HOMER: Cory Conacher + 4th, even though we lost a good goaltender. TB have acquired their starter for next year

-: WASHINGTON: I'm still wondering what McPhee was thinking. I know Forsberg is not a sure thing, but going forward, he was part of a decent pool of young kids on their way up
Especially since less than a week ago Washington's owner linked to an article saying how awesome Forsberg is going to be:

http://tedstake.monumentalnetwork.co...tsov/index.jsp

JamieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:28 PM
StringerBell

I think the best was clearly Buffalo trading Pominville. They identified the right time to rebuild and got an absolutely fantastic return.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

Lets see.

I'm going to say:

Best: Gaborik to Columbus (I think he'll do well there)

Worst: Erat to Washington (Erat's a decent player who will help Washington but I just think they paid way too much for him)

Weirdest: Bishop for Conacher (I actually think it wasn't lopsided like so many seem to but it's just hard to put my thumb on. Could be a solid deal for both sides)

Most Meh: O'Byrne to Toronto. Just cuz.

Spazmatic Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Minnesota and the Caps trades sucked.

At least Pomminville is a good player. Erat is just a dime a dozen old 2nd-3rd liner.
Pominville averages about 10 points a year more at this point in their careers and he did it on a far more offensive team being a primary offensive guy with offensive linemates. Honestly the difference is not that big. I'd have rather done the Erat trade than something comparable to what Minnesota gave up (Neuvirth, prospect worse than Forsberg but probably better than anyone in our system aside from Forsberg and Kuznetsov, 1st, 2nd) for Pominville. We also got some guy who looks like he could be a solid 3rd line hitter. Not that I'm a fan of giving up foppa but I feel like Minnesota got hosed more than we did.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
Especially since less than a week ago Washington's owner linked to an article saying how awesome Forsberg is going to be:

http://tedstake.monumentalnetwork.co...tsov/index.jsp
That was when it looked like we fell out of the playoffs and he needed to deflect towards how awesome the future looked.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Petes2424

The hate going on for Ben Bishop is so unwarranted. People either just havent watched him or they fall in love with midgets who have exceptional hands. One or the other.

It was a good trade all the way around. Bishop now has a real chance at becoming a #1. Something he hasnt had in the past. All you had to do is watch him play this year and it doesnt take a genius to see how good he actually is.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:58 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

I'm not sure why the Caps were in such a hurry to trade Forsberg. If they really wanted to move him why was it for Martin Erat? Doesn't make much sense to me.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Wizeman*

Best move is the Sabres getting so much for Pominville. They really bent the Wild over on that one.

Kessel got 2 firsts and a second. Pommer gets a 1,2 plus two good prospects. Wow.

I think we canucks bent the stars over for Derek Roy. We only paid a second for the guy plus a b prospect who wasnt in our plans or lighting it up anyways. We drafted him in the third round.

Worst trade? I see a lot of Bolts game. Conancher is a little fireplug but he is not the next great thing. Hes kind of a poor mans Yoshie really.

Ben Bishop is young and already solid. I say Tampa won this trade. Andersen is 31 years old and having a fluke fantastic year. What happens when he comes down to earth next year? Who will they turn to then?

Worst trade is like other stated. What was Mc Phee thinking giving up on their coveted draft pick for this overaged guy. Erat is a plugger with hands, but hes no sniper. I just dont get it.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Smartguy

vCash: 580
While I spent my day watching all the trades I could not believe that Columbus managed to acquire gaborik, never thought I'd see it from Columbus of all teams so cudos to them for getting that deal done.

Then just as I'm so curious as to why Washington is do quiet about this late day trade they made, I resort to the Internet to look, as tsn continually had a hard on for louongo all day and kept talking about him instead of this trade, I see someone had brought up filip forsberg and then when I seen the return was erat I couldn't believe wash would trade away a solid prospect like that for a old second line tweener after I had seen them flames get fleeced in 2 deals, so cudos to Nashville for pulling that put would have thought the price would be less for a guy like erat. So best to Columbus worst to Washington

Smartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:34 AM
Kadri 4 Hart

I thought the Bishop/Conacher trade was just strange..I had no idea an unproven goaltender could get that type of value right now.

What could Jonathan Bernier return? He's a bit younger, was more hyped, and is having a similar season. If Quick wasn't struggling this season I think LA would have dealt him for sure.

Kadri 4 Hart is offline   Reply With Quote