HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Saga: The Great Gosbee Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2013, 05:21 PM
gra
Custom User Title

vCash: 466
Oh goodie!!! Another pretend to want to own the Coyotes jackass is going to meet with Gary Bettman and Company. I can't wait till we see his face all over the news and disappear long enough only to come back and say that Glendale is the problem towards getting a deal done.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:25 PM
ParisSaintGermain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Oh goodie!!! Another pretend to want to own the Coyotes jackass is going to meet with Gary Bettman and Company. I can't wait till we see his face all over the news and disappear long enough only to come back and say that Glendale is the problem towards getting a deal done.

Can I meet Gary too? Please!?.... Pretty please?

Old
04-02-2013, 05:31 PM
gra
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain View Post
Can I meet Gary too? Please!?.... Pretty please?

Sure! Hell we can even get into a suite and have all over the food and drinks in the process of the photo-op designed to try and fool the public. After all, Glendale is paying for all of it.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:27 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Good Fan/Bad Fan

vCash: 50
Buying the coyotes is harder than this...

Old
04-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Naurutger

vCash: 1454
"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: Reports of Greg Jamison's demise have been greatly exaggerated. Source close to him confirms he's still working on deal to buy the #Coyotes."

"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: Source adds that Jamison has never stopped working on deal since missing previous Jan. 31 deadline. Says he has made significant progress."

Old
04-02-2013, 09:17 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: Reports of Greg Jamison's demise have been greatly exaggerated. Source close to him confirms he's still working on deal to buy the #Coyotes."

"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: Source adds that Jamison has never stopped working on deal since missing previous Jan. 31 deadline. Says he has made significant progress."

Old
04-02-2013, 11:34 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
Buying the coyotes is harder than this...

I loved that game!

Correction: I loved setting up those pieces, making the trap fall once, and then putting it away to never see the light of day again!

Old
04-02-2013, 11:52 PM
gra
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post

It would be sad if there is even anyone on the Sharks organization that likes this good for nothing tool called Jamison.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:02 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I will put down ten dollars, but I want to be majority owner with a controlling interest. Any of you guys can join my investment group, if you'd like, but keep in mind, ten dollars must represent at least 51% of our offer. Anybody in? HFGroup?

04-03-2013, 12:11 AM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I will put down ten dollars, but I want to be majority owner with a controlling interest. Any of you guys can join my investment group, if you'd like, but keep in mind, ten dollars must represent at least 51% of our offer. Anybody in? HFGroup?
I got 20 bucks and a lucky 2 dollar bill in my dashboard. Can I sit in the team suite with you and put my face all over the news, if I "invest"?

Old
04-03-2013, 12:15 AM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Coyote 96 View Post
I got 20 bucks and a lucky 2 dollar bill in my dashboard. Can I sit in the team suite with you and put my face all over the news, if I "invest"?
Lets go have a sit down with GB and the boys.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:19 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Coyote 96 View Post
I will take the two, but you keep the twenty. I'm the chief of this tribe. Just looking for more Indians. Of course, you could donate the twenty to the new suits fund. We've got to look sharp for all the media attention. We've each got to buy at least one shiny new blue plaid suit. We can wear it every time, though. No need to splurge on more than one suit each. I assume the NHL will be providing us with the Yotes jerseys and hats. We're gonna look like first round draft picks!

Old
04-03-2013, 12:21 AM
BeSeeingYouSeattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post

Old
04-03-2013, 01:58 AM
coyotes

I think Glendale is being mis portrayed. Let's remember, they ultimately gave Jamison everything he wanted. When it was Jamison's turn to fullfill his obligation, he coulnd't do so.

Glendale does not want to get played again. They are not going to promise anything until a buyer is found. Glendale prefers to keep the Coyotes. There is no other business or sales tax revenue generation that can replace 13,000 people attending a game on a weekday. Glendale is going to offer a subsidy within reason however none of this matters until someone will buy the team.

I never believed we would have a buyer in place by this week. However that doesn't mean the same buyers won't close on a deal. It's going to take some time. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes another 2 months.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:33 AM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes View Post
However that doesn't mean the same buyers won't close on a deal. It's going to take some time. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes another 2 months.
There isn't even a lease being drawn up. No purchase agreement with the NHL. The team does not have 2 months.

Old
04-03-2013, 03:23 AM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I will take the two, but you keep the twenty. I'm the chief of this tribe. Just looking for more Indians. Of course, you could donate the twenty to the new suits fund. We've got to look sharp for all the media attention. We've each got to buy at least one shiny new blue plaid suit. We can wear it every time, though. No need to splurge on more than one suit each. I assume the NHL will be providing us with the Yotes jerseys and hats. We're gonna look like first round draft picks!
I like your plan rt, however since I am now the main investor in this purchase you're going to need to make several concessions to me including but not limited to; Full control of day-to-day hockey operations, an arena management fee of no less than $18 million per season for 37 years, and you must convince the city to give us $100 million in bonds up front to assist in our purchase the team, which will then partially be paid back over the next 6 decades through hot-dog sales at the arena. As an added incentive to city, I will personally guarantee Glendale that we will pay back up to .02% of any revenue lost through the sale of the bonds. Once you have met all of these requirements, notify me immediately and I will let you know if I'm still interested in investing, in about two weeks.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Naurutger

vCash: 1454
That Pastor fella will be on 1060 am here in a minute.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:09 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes View Post
I think Glendale is being mis portrayed. Let's remember, they ultimately gave Jamison everything he wanted. When it was Jamison's turn to fullfill his obligation, he coulnd't do so.

Glendale does not want to get played again. They are not going to promise anything until a buyer is found. Glendale prefers to keep the Coyotes. There is no other business or sales tax revenue generation that can replace 13,000 people attending a game on a weekday. Glendale is going to offer a subsidy within reason however none of this matters until someone will buy the team.

I never believed we would have a buyer in place by this week. However that doesn't mean the same buyers won't close on a deal. It's going to take some time. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes another 2 months.
Have to disagree.... they aren't completely at fault for this saga, but Glendale pooched itself more than once with this franchise.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:11 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Gadfly

Quote:
There isn't even a lease being drawn up. No purchase agreement with the NHL. The team does not have 2 months.
I tend to agree with that assessment, but the NHL will hold on a few months longer if they have to.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:14 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Gadfly

Today's interview with Pastor now available on the front page.

http://www.azsportstalk.com/

Old
04-03-2013, 09:07 PM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
I've never seen a gif more properly used. I actually laughed out loud.

Thank you good sir.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:45 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post

Wow. I didn't think I could get pumped about an owner again but I am officially rooting for this guy. If you're a Yotes fan, you need to listen to this interview. He says the team is an "under-valued asset" multiple times. He also flat out says "the team is staying in Glendale". He also says he doesn't understand why it's taken so long for some of these potential owners to close the deal. This is by far the best, most positive interview I've heard in the 4 years this mess has gone on. Thanks for posting the link!

Old
04-03-2013, 11:00 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Wow. I didn't think I could get pumped about an owner again but I am officially rooting for this guy. If you're a Yotes fan, you need to listen to this interview. He says the team is an "under-valued asset" multiple times. He also flat out says "the team is staying in Glendale". He also says he doesn't understand why it's taken so long for some of these potential owners to close the deal. This is by far the best, most positive interview I've heard in the 4 years this mess has gone on. Thanks for posting the link!
I hope so, but after all these years, I'm still skeptical. I'm rooting for Pastor but until I see Bettman on the podium announcing completion of the sale, I'm taking everything that is said with a grain of salt.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:03 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
If you're a Yotes fan, you need to listen to this interview.

No, you don't. Let me spare you all. The guy gave zero concrete details, and misspoke on several counts.

Quote:
He says the team is an "under-valued asset" multiple times.
Which proves what a phony he is. He didn't say how or why. He just said "as a banker, this is under-valued." Well, you're a moron then. You've got zero real buyers that have emerged because the team is overpriced. We've got years of subsidy attempts and plenty of examples in other cities as to what a small market team is worth. The asset is in no way under-valued. It is over-valued precisely because the NHL can earn back every dollar they spend and then some by selling to another market. Really, it takes a serious level of audacity (or stupidity) to claim that an asset losing 30mm annually is 'under-valued.'

The guy is a crock of ****. Exactly what you would expect of someone who introduces himself via press release. Move along. Some of you need to develop critical thinking skills.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:03 PM
coyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post

Great Interview. Honestly, out of all the interested buyers, he is easily the most sincere and straight shooting. Here is what was said

1. Pastor met with Glendale Mayor today and said they had a great conversation. Pastor said the Mayor was refreshing and approachable. Said mutual interest and had great meeting.

2. After the meeting, spoke with Bill Daly of the NHL.

3. Pastor said "It was a great experience to attend the game and it's always fun to beat the Kings" He went crazy after third goal

4. Says there is misinformation regarding who would purchase the team. He said Pastor family interests and not Capstone Affluent Strategies (his company) would purchase it. Says there is enough capital to purchase the team to not include Capstone Affluent Strategies. States that has always been the case and has not changed. He said no one contacted him directly about this or their PR firm. He said sources just made the assumption that the purchase would be from Capstone Affluent Strategies and that the media didn't do their research.

5. Pastor states he has been working on this for 6 months.

6. When asked about the 6 month period, Pastor said "The only way to buy something is to make sure the money is in place"

7. When asked about competition from other groups trying to buy the Coyotes, Pastor replies "Are these the same groups that have been around the past 3 years" (sarcastically to suggest he is not concerned)

8. Says he doesn't understand why it's take so long for a deal to get done. He says you have an undervalued asset in one of the greatest cities in America. Says he doesn't understand why it takes 12-24 months to close a deal.

9. Says he has been in Phoenix for the past two days and is getting his team involved.

10. Says as a banker it is an undervalued asset.

11. Roc and Manuch say the area (Westgate) will go under if the deal doesn't get done. Pastor responds sarcastically "Yeah what are you going to do have 365 days of tractor pulls" LOL - I love this guy already

12. Defends Phoenix community by saying it's hard for community to buy tickets to a game when there is no assurance the team will be here in the long run. He says there is no owner and that impacts ticket sales.

13. Says he spoke with Mike of the Coyotes

14. Says he has to work in tandem with the NHL and City of Glendale to get deal done and says this is one reason why deals failed in the past.

15. Says Glendale Mayor gave his process of how this deal will work and Bill Daily has his process.

16. Says he received paperwork from NHL today. Pastor gave paperwork to his lawyers. Says his lawyers will guide him on how to proceed. Could not give timeline on when a deal will get done from today.

17. Says has not given thought regarding Arizona vs Phoenix Coyotes. Jokingly says Coyotes is rougher animal than a Duck

Closed Thread