HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cory Schneider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2013, 12:01 AM
  #51
Vorkosh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Vancouver buy out Luongo and for whatever reason (injury? change of mind?) Florida and Luongo doesnt come to an agreement after the buyout.
Okay, so now, in addition to you thinking that GM's don't honor their word with other GM's. You think GM's don't honor their words with players either, or vice versa.

Based on this opinion, why even have trades? Everyone is out to screw everyone else right?

If Vancouver buys out Luongo, there is already a deal in place between Luongo and Florida.

I mean christ JUST to make you happy, and I hope you realize how ridiculous this is now.

1) Vancouver trades 28 million dollars in cash and Roberto Luongo to Florida in exchange for Nick Bjugstad.

Condition 1) Florida must use the 28 million dollars to buy out Luongo
Condition 2) As a pretext to this trade, Luongo must sign a new 4 year, 16 million dollar contract with the Vancouver Canucks after he is bought out by the Florida Panthers
Condition 3) Vancouver must trade Roberto Luongo and Nick Bjugstad back to Florida for a Goalie, a 1st round pick, Cash, and future considerations.

Happy?

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:03 AM
  #52
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed
 
Howboutthempanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brow. County, Fl.
Country: United States
Posts: 3,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCKNESS View Post
same here, I wouldnt mind Luongo being a Canuck for life. Could get alot from FLA, TOR, PHI, NYI..
We don't want your goaltenders, go away.

Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:10 AM
  #53
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
Okay, so now, in addition to you thinking that GM's don't honor their word with other GM's. You think GM's don't honor their words with players either, or vice versa.

Based on this opinion, why even have trades? Everyone is out to screw everyone else right?

If Vancouver buys out Luongo, there is already a deal in place between Luongo and Florida.

I mean christ JUST to make you happy, and I hope you realize how ridiculous this is now.

1) Vancouver trades 28 million dollars in cash and Roberto Luongo to Florida in exchange for Nick Bjugstad.

Condition 1) Florida must use the 28 million dollars to buy out Luongo
Condition 2) As a pretext to this trade, Luongo must sign a new 4 year, 16 million dollar contract with the Vancouver Canucks after he is bought out by the Florida Panthers
Condition 3) Vancouver must trade Roberto Luongo and Nick Bjugstad back to Florida for a Goalie, a 1st round pick, Cash, and future considerations.

Happy?
Teams cant trade cash.

Also ask Iginla about honoring his word about being traded to Boston.
I also remembering a Nabokov expecting to end in Detroit.

Its always better to have it on paper, than just have verbal agreement, especially when players and 1st round picks are in play.


Last edited by palindrom: 04-04-2013 at 12:17 AM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:15 AM
  #54
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
i think its the opposite, Talon would lose his reputation and Gillis would look like a genius.


Its would not be like Talon wasn't trying to to find a loopholes by circumventing the rules and get his ass kicked for it


Wake up, there are no GM association protecting their victim. Its everyone for themselves. If any GM would refuse to make a deal with Gillis in the future, they would just hurt themselves as much as Gillis. Especially since they would allow other GM to get better deal from Gillis because they remove themselves from making competing offer.

What about this instead:


1. Luongo agrees if he is given a compliance buy out he will sign with Florida. He negotiates this before trade is made.

2. Vancouver releases Luongo

3. Luongo signs with Florida

4. Florida does a lopsided trade to vancouver such as goalie + 1st for $$ and future considerations.

Of course nothing force Florida to do the step 4 and nothing force Luongo to sign with Florida.
This can work. Markstrom still needs 3 years with far less pressure.

Lui can sign with the panthers for 2 mil for 3 years to mentor Markstrom and help ease him into the starting position.

canucks need to put Luongo on waivers first. If he clears, and he should, then the pre arranged deal is for Lui to sign with Florida.

Tallon then trades a quality prospect to us for a 7th rounder.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:16 AM
  #55
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckie View Post
This can work. Markstrom still needs 3 years with far less pressure.

Lui can sign with the panthers for 2 mil for 3 years to mentor Markstrom and help ease him into the starting position.

canucks need to put Luongo on waivers first. If he clears, and he should, then the pre arranged deal is for Lui to sign with Florida.

Tallon then trades a quality prospect to us for a 7th rounder.
and if Luongo is claimed on waiver?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:18 AM
  #56
Vorkosh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Teams cant trade cash.

Also ask Iginla about honoring his word about being traded to Boston.
Lindros was traded for cash.

Gretzky was sold for cash.

You're just nitpicking now really, which is pointless.

Boston jumped the gun with Iginla.

Same thing could have happened if Mike Gillis was like "Hey, We just got Ryan Clowe" and then Ryan Clowe goes "nah, I wanna go East with the Rangers"

Why blame Iginla when he has a NTC and has every right to choose where he goes?

You're really stretching here, but fine, I'll play along.

Aqualini sends a cheque for 28 million dollars to whoever owns the Panthers. Has a lawyer draw up legal papers saying that this 28 million dollars is a loan with 23% interest that's due back in 1 year with accrued interest. However, if the owner of the Panthers uses the 28 million dollars to buy out Luongo as a condition of the previously mentioned trade scenario, then the 28 million dollars is a gift out of the goodness of Mr Aqualini's heart.

Happy now?

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:19 AM
  #57
Dick Whitman
Registered User
 
Dick Whitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,332
vCash: 500
1) Luongo has handled this incredibly well

2) Vancouver is stuck with him for the foreseeable future

3) Being stuck with a top 10 goaltender only seems to be a problem in Vancouver

4) There is no way that Gillis was shopping Schneider AND Luongo at the deadline. That would make him look incredibly weak

5) LOL to those guys talking about some weird ploy to buy out Luongo and still get assets for him. Sanity left you a while ago.

I think the best thing to do is for Vancouver to eat Luongo's contract and let him walk in the offseason. If you can't get Scrivens and picks for him, why even let this be a distraction any longer?

Dick Whitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:19 AM
  #58
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
Lindros was traded for cash.

Gretzky was sold for cash.


You're just nitpicking now really, which is pointless.

Boston jumped the gun with Iginla.

Same thing could have happened if Mike Gillis was like "Hey, We just got Ryan Clowe" and then Ryan Clowe goes "nah, I wanna go East with the Rangers"

Why blame Iginla when he has a NTC and has every right to choose where he goes?

You're really stretching here, but fine, I'll play along.

Aqualini sends a cheque for 28 million dollars to whoever owns the Panthers. Has a lawyer draw up legal papers saying that this 28 million dollars is a loan with 23% interest that's due back in 1 year with accrued interest. However, if the owner of the Panthers uses the 28 million dollars to buy out Luongo as a condition of the previously mentioned trade scenario, then the 28 million dollars is a gift out of the goodness of Mr Aqualini's heart.

Happy now?
guy, it was in old CBA.....the last and new CBA doesnt allow teams to trade Cash.


Last edited by palindrom: 04-04-2013 at 12:26 AM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:23 AM
  #59
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
We don't want your goaltenders, go away.
2mi for 3 years hell yes you would.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:28 AM
  #60
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.
 
Flowzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckie View Post
2mi for 3 years hell yes you would.
I'm pretty sure as a fan of their own team, they would be more knowledgable about their own goaltender situation as opposed to you now. It seems that Markstrom is more than enough. I highly doubt they sign Luongo/Schneider as a backup, in the same way the Leafs don't want Luongo as a backup. They're starters, not benchwarmers.

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:29 AM
  #61
Vorkosh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
guy, it was in old CBA.....the last and new CBA doesnt allow teams to trade Cash.
Guy, you should probably reread what I posted

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:34 AM
  #62
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
Guy, you should probably reread what I posted
I hope you wasn't really insinuating a team could pass a cheque of 27 000 000$ under the radar?

Under the current CBA teams cant trade cash, there are no way around it (unless you trade a player salary). Especially if you are trying to trade 27 000 000$ hoping no one would notice.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:37 AM
  #63
Vorkosh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
I hope you wasn't really insinuating a team could pass a cheque of 27 000 000$ under the radar?

Under the current CBA teams cant trade cash, there are no way around it (unless you trade a player salary). Especially if you are trying to trade 27 000 000$ hoping no one would notice.
Who's trading?

It's a personal offer from Aqualini to Florida.

Why is the NHL even involved?

see, I can play the what if/arguing semantics game as well.

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:46 AM
  #64
Dick Whitman
Registered User
 
Dick Whitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
Who's trading?

It's a personal offer from Aqualini to Florida.

Why is the NHL even involved?

see, I can play the what if/arguing semantics game as well.
It's called circumvention of the rules. Hope you didn't get too attached to first round draft picks for the next little while.

Dick Whitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:52 AM
  #65
Vorkosh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
It's called circumvention of the rules. Hope you didn't get too attached to first round draft picks for the next little while.
It's also called not really a real offer. Can't really get too attached to things that were never in jeopardy in the first place..

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:01 AM
  #66
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
It's also called not really a real offer. Can't really get too attached to things that were never in jeopardy in the first place..
Why no one ever thought about it before? You dont trade cash, what you send its a loan or a gift between owner.

Its clever, You have potential!!

Well, more i think about it, more i think many GM thought about your idea before, these kind of transaction probably often take place, but no one know about them because they are secrets deals. This explain a lot of loop-sided deals.

How could a deal like Gomez to Montreal ever happened? NYR probably send some "gift$" to Montreal.

So if Luongo is ever traded to Florida this summer for Bjugstad, then Florida buy-out Luongo, then Vancouver sign Luongo to a better deal and trade him again along with Bjugstad for a 1st and a goalie to Florida, the privileged fans who had the chance to read this thread will know there was a secret deals involved.


Last edited by palindrom: 04-04-2013 at 02:23 AM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 03:45 AM
  #67
Whale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
A lot can happen between now and the summer. Toronto has a very tough stretch, almost every game they play is a four pointer until the end of the season. I would not be shocked or surprised if the miss the playoffs again and have repeat of last seasons collapse.

Frankly I am happy that they didn't accept the reported offer of picks and Scrivens. Now we are heading into the playoffs with Schnieder playing well and if he falters or is injured then we have a very, very motivated Luongo waiting in the wings. Goaltending cannot be used as an excuse this year, not that it has ever been the issue. Though it does seem that Canucks fans always find a way to blame the goaltending for these horrible collapses, Potvin, Cloutier, Luongo... line em up and shoot em down, guess who's next?

Nothing would make me happier than to see Lou get another shot at the starting job, have the team rally around him instead of leaning on him, and win the whole damn thing.

Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 03:47 AM
  #68
serge2k
Registered User
 
serge2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post
NHL would not allow assets to move for nothing.

Completely against the cba, if luongo is bought out that's it for Vancouver.

Also double whammy, luongo still gets his 60 million and would likely sign a very low cap hit deal with the new team allowing them to properly build and retain all of their assets.
for a conditional 7th round pick in 2016 if the Canucks and Florida both make the finals for the next 2 seasons.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:20 AM
  #69
Dick Whitman
Registered User
 
Dick Whitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
It's also called not really a real offer. Can't really get too attached to things that were never in jeopardy in the first place..
Of course it's not a real offer because it's stupid.

Dick Whitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.