Official Trade Deadline Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Yea I agree that we never had a prospect that good, but WSH should in a win now mode with Ovi and Backstrom in their primes. I realize they gave up a good prospect but this isn't the type of move teams that want to win should be doing. The point isn't to stock pile draft prospects until your core is to old to compete it is to win they are in a win now mode and this vastly improves their roster.

I agree not re-signing Semin was a retarded move, GMGM has horribly managed the Caps over the last 2 years but this is one move I like but it only had to be made because of the fact he didn't re-sign Semin. In a vacuum I think it is a good trade but if you account for the fact he made this move necessary by giving Semin away then it is a bad move.
Looking to compete now by trading futures away is perfectly fine, but its the manner in which the Caps did it which makes this look very, very bad for them. For a prospect of Forsberg's calibre, they should have done better than Erat. And giving up on Forsberg, who could have stepped in as soon as next season and likely be an impact player for the duration of a cheap ELC for Erat's 4.5M isn't a smart utilization of assets whatsoever.

On the other hand, got to give Poile a lot of credit in snagging Forsberg for Erat, who requested a trade two week ago and has a NTC.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Beats By CoRD
Who really run this?

vCash: 50
Like I said earlier, I wonder if McFee asked about Glencross. I would've traded Glencross for Forsberg in a heartbeat.

HawnzDynastyProductions.com
Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:34 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Looking to compete now by trading futures away is perfectly fine, but its the manner in which the Caps did it which makes this look very, very bad for them. For a prospect of Forsberg's calibre, they should have done better than Erat. And giving up on Forsberg, who could have stepped in as soon as next season and likely be an impact player for the duration of a cheap ELC for Erat's 4.5M isn't a smart utilization of assets whatsoever.

On the other hand, got to give Poile a lot of credit in snagging Forsberg for Erat, who requested a trade two week ago and has a NTC.
I guess we just have different views of Erat and Forsberg? Personally I think Erat could be a 70 point 2 way player on Washington. I think Forsberg would be lucky to become a consistent 60 point player.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

As an aside, the Canucks really mismanaged the Luongo situation. Recall their fans asking for Bjustad or Hubderdeau from the Panthers, Connolly from the Lightning or Gardiner+Kadri from the Leafs as late as the draft last year. And the rumor of Gillis turning down Schenn (who they could have flipped for JVR) straight up. And then today;

Quote:
Darren Dreger %u200F@DarrenDreger
Multiple options in Luongo trade talks with Leafs. Told Canucks wanted Scrivens and multiple picks in talk between 2pm and 3pm et. #TSN
They called three times and were rebuffed at each turn. And the asking price went down with each call. It's worse than how the Flames handled Iginla because at this rate, they'll have to buyout Luongo in the summer.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
I guess we just have different views of Erat and Forsberg? Personally I think Erat could be a 70 point 2 way player on Washington. I think Forsberg would be lucky to become a consistent 60 point player.
I guess so. If it goes down in the manner you suggest, it'll turn out to be a very good trade for the Caps. But I think Forsberg could be an impact player in this league.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:41 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
As an aside, the Canucks really mismanaged the Luongo situation. Recall their fans asking for Bjustad or Hubderdeau from the Panthers, Connolly from the Lightning or Gardiner+Kadri from the Leafs as late as the draft last year. And the rumor of Gillis turning down Schenn (who they could have flipped for JVR) straight up. And then today;

They called three times and were rebuffed at each turn. And the asking price went down with each call. It's worse than how the Flames handled Iginla because at this rate, they'll have to buyout Luongo in the summer.
God I hope so, Gillis is such a mock ****. He threw Hodgson under the bus and I have always hated him because he was the agent of one of the worst captains in Canucks history Naslund.

Old
04-03-2013, 06:42 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I guess so. If it goes down in the manner you suggest, it'll turn out to be a very good trade for the Caps. But I think Forsberg could be an impact player in this league.
That is probably why I think it is a good deal and you don't. Its doesn't mean either of us are wrong (but you are ) just different views. Often on this site we as posters argue things like they are black and white clearly this isn't.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:57 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 500
Quote:
That is probably why I think it is a good deal and you don't. Its doesn't mean either of us are wrong (but you are ) just different views. Often on this site we as posters argue things like they are black and white clearly this isn't.
That statement is 100% scientifically proven as wrong and insulting to all things honest!!

MarkGio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:18 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 500
Quote:
That statement is 100% scientifically proven as wrong and insulting to all things honest!!

MarkGio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:27 AM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

Just speculation on my part, but perhaps there is a reason Forsberg fell in the draft, and WSH was willing to move him for a seemingly weak return? Maybe there is a flaw to his game? Personality?...just suggesting it might not be so black and white.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:05 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

I wish we would of put Cammy on the table for Forsberg. I know our owners do not like to eat salary but it would of been worth it here. That would of been a fantastic rebuild trade for Feaster and would be great for Cammy. Oh well, we'll see what happens in the summer.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:04 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I wish we would of put Cammy on the table for Forsberg. I know our owners do not like to eat salary but it would of been worth it here. That would of been a fantastic rebuild trade for Feaster and would be great for Cammy. Oh well, we'll see what happens in the summer.
I doubt they wanted Cammy. I think a defensive player that can put up 60+ points is what they wanted. Cammy can't play defense nor can he play right wing very effectively.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Sean Monahan
#boring

No one wants cammy with his 6m price tag.

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote