HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Best/Worst Trades Of The Day

Old
04-04-2013, 01:27 AM
tml145

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Minnesota and the Caps trades sucked.

At least Pomminville is a good player. Erat is just a dime a dozen old 2nd-3rd liner.
Pommi isn't any better than Erat

tml145 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:34 AM
Hans Landaskog

They O'Byrne trade was the best. Good riddance.

Hans Landaskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:34 AM
Filip Forceberg

People calling Erat a "plugger" or a "tweener" are going to be surprised when Erat performs very well in Washington. And that's going to be annoying. Erat is highly underrated.

Filip Forceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:57 AM
Duffman955

The Minny trade was stupid too. Pomminville getting paid as much as Iggy+Bouwmester++

Pommy isnt even that good

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:05 AM
sunnydaycrash

People ignoring Michael Latta being part of the Caps Preds deal seems odd.

He's a pretty decent prospect.

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:38 AM
Lazarrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckie View Post
Best move is the Sabres getting so much for Pominville. They really bent the Wild over on that one.

Kessel got 2 firsts and a second. Pommer gets a 1,2 plus two good prospects. Wow.

I think we canucks bent the stars over for Derek Roy. We only paid a second for the guy plus a b prospect who wasnt in our plans or lighting it up anyways. We drafted him in the third round.

Worst trade? I see a lot of Bolts game. Conancher is a little fireplug but he is not the next great thing. Hes kind of a poor mans Yoshie really.

Ben Bishop is young and already solid. I say Tampa won this trade. Andersen is 31 years old and having a fluke fantastic year. What happens when he comes down to earth next year? Who will they turn to then?

Worst trade is like other stated. What was Mc Phee thinking giving up on their coveted draft pick for this overaged guy. Erat is a plugger with hands, but hes no sniper. I just dont get it.

#FreeLehner

Lazarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 03:02 AM
Djp

Quote:

Kessel got 2 firsts and a second. Pommer gets a 1,2 plus two good prospects. Wow.
Pominville is a first line winger. the standard price is a 1st + 2 quality young players. What i think what happened in the deal was the sabres actually wanted Kuemper or Gustafsson. Since Minnesota preferred to move Hackett (which was fine by buffalo), Buffalo countered and said they will take that goalie if they trade Buffalo 4th for Minnesota 2nd in 2014. One of the deals for Miller, Pominville, or Vanek would have to return a goalie. Buffalo has a WHL goalie is Makarov who would move up to the aHL next year, and then to Buffalo in 2014. Having the 2nd goalie who can play at the NHL level now allows them to move Miller this offseason.

Quote:
I think we canucks bent the stars over for Derek Roy. We only paid a second for the guy plus a b prospect who wasnt in our plans or lighting it up anyways. We drafted him in the third round.
This is what happens when a player is a pure rental and the market isnt as much there for a second line center. Especially if they dont feel they will sign them in the offseason. Dallas wanted to get some return for him instead of walking away for nothing. In talking to roy they felt they werent going to sign him...so get something for him. teams knew this---thus lower bids.

Buffalo got more return because they know they could just say no and wait until the draft to try again. Thus that inherently raises the value.

Quote:
Worst trade is like other stated. What was Mc Phee thinking giving up on their coveted draft pick for this overaged guy. Erat is a plugger with hands, but hes no sniper. I just dont get it.
Washington actually has depth at that position from where they traded. The issue is the fact this was a high pick. Washington has the pressure to get to the playoffs. They felt they needed a spark to do that.

Nashville is doing something similar that Buffalo is doing--taking a step back but to prepare for a few steps forward.

Here is a different way of looking at this deal:

2012 #21, Erat, Latta
Gaustead, 2013 4th round, 2012 #11 (Forsberg)

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 03:03 AM
Abraham85

Larsson, Hackett, a late 1st and late 2nd isn't much to give up when your pool is as deep as Minnesotas. The West is getting awfully close right now and Minnesota has a tight schedule, it's a great deal for both teams imo.

Best deal was Sullivan for a 7th.

Abraham85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 08:50 AM
AwaKe

Im surprise how everyone hate Washington's deal...

McPhee gave alot but in return he's getting a player not a rental. Martin Erat is a pretty decent winger, I think he can play 1st line minutes, and will probably stay in Washington for a while at a pretty decent price. At 4.5m/per and signed for the next 2 seasons he's a bargain. As for Latta i've never seen him play but looking at his stats he looks like a strong power forward and he's putting up some good numbers in the AHL.

Filip Forsberg play in 2nd division in Sweden, so he might still be a couple years away from being NHL-ready and the Caps will probably make a push for the Cup in the next 2 years. They have a young d-core and a diamond in the rough coming to North America next season in Evgeny Kuznetzov.

AwaKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:11 AM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
East coast bias with the Erat hate.

Erat over a full 82 game season in Washington will probably put up 30 and 65.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:12 AM
backofthenet

I guess I am the only one that does not like Gabby to C-Bus? I think they pulled the trigger too quick for an elite player and that player is so inconsistent that it will backfire.
I also think The Rangers (I am NOT a fan) made out very well. They got some much needed depth and Moore is looking like a very solid dman.

If I was C-Bus, I would have waited one more season at least.

backofthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Best: Gaborik (CBJ wins) Pomminville (Buf wins) Bishop (both win)

Worst: Forsberg (Caps get bent over)

Dissapointing: Luongo not being moved. Great player strangled by a horrid contract.

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:26 AM
tony d
Ruffles in Space

Best: Buffalo getting their goalie of the future in Matt Hackett and a 1st rounder this year.

Worst: Washington giving up on one of their top prospects for Martin Erat.

04-04-2013, 09:26 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Pominville is a first line winger. the standard price is a 1st + 2 quality young players. What i think what happened in the deal was the sabres actually wanted Kuemper or Gustafsson. Since Minnesota preferred to move Hackett (which was fine by buffalo), Buffalo countered and said they will take that goalie if they trade Buffalo 4th for Minnesota 2nd in 2014. One of the deals for Miller, Pominville, or Vanek would have to return a goalie. Buffalo has a WHL goalie is Makarov who would move up to the aHL next year, and then to Buffalo in 2014. Having the 2nd goalie who can play at the NHL level now allows them to move Miller this offseason.
Not correct. Darcy Regier said the first thing put on the table in the trade discussions for Pommer were the picks. It was the players that were being negotiated/added.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Quicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwaKe View Post

Filip Forsberg play in 2nd division in Sweden, so he might still be a couple years away from being NHL-ready and the Caps will probably make a push for the Cup in the next 2 years. They have a young d-core and a diamond in the rough coming to North America next season in Evgeny Kuznetzov.
Where did you hear this? I've always heard 2014 at the earliest.

Quicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Hero
Buffy is Back

Wow Erat is so under rated.
He's on pace for 60 pts most seasons, on pace for 20+ goals.
One of the better two-way wingers in the league.
Excellent player.

They overpaid for him, by a lot, Forsberg will likely some day be as good as Erat is, but I see Forsberg likely to become an Erat type player.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:29 AM
threeVo

Conacher is not that good of a player.... Theres a reason guys go undrafted, he was playing with Stamkos FFS. Hes going to be a 2nd/3rd tweener with average linemates, he cooled off immensely after his hot start. You gave that up for a potential 1G? Even trade. Im a huge Conacher fan (he played college hockey here) but to say OTT fleeced TB is brutal

threeVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:34 AM
99 steps
to the top

I thought the Caps/Preds trade was fair. Erat is a very good player. As I Hawks fan, I am happy to see him out of a Preds uniform.

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 50
Best/worst trade was Nashville getting another Forsberg. (Good for Nash)

I liked the NYR trade a ton. Moved out a 31 year old on the decline for 3 young-youngish players who can fill in voids that have been killing us all year. Stoked about seeing what John Moore can bring and watch him progress.

I think Minnesota paid out the ass for Pominville but they had the assets to do it so still a good trade for both teams if Minny makes a serious cup run.

The most baffling trade had to be Bishop for Conacher. Just don't get it. AFAIK Anderson isn't 100% yet and the Sens are serious about a playoff run... I know they have Lehner but Bishop was playing very well no?

04-04-2013, 10:24 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwaKe View Post
Im surprise how everyone hate Washington's deal...

McPhee gave alot but in return he's getting a player not a rental. Martin Erat is a pretty decent winger, I think he can play 1st line minutes, and will probably stay in Washington for a while at a pretty decent price. At 4.5m/per and signed for the next 2 seasons he's a bargain. As for Latta i've never seen him play but looking at his stats he looks like a strong power forward and he's putting up some good numbers in the AHL.

I agree. They had two 1st rounders last year and with Kuznetsov, they felt they could sacrifice a prospect for the immediate which isn't a rental. He's a very underrated player and this move helps Washington WIN the division imo.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Dan the bruiser*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
People ignoring Michael Latta being part of the Caps Preds deal seems odd.

He's a pretty decent prospect.
I guess your right, and not to far from the NHl.Not a skillful player but a role player.

Dan the bruiser* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Girgenburger
doginthebathtub

Was honestly stunned when the Caps traded Forsberg. I thought they were higher on the kid than that.

But I think Erat will play well in Washington, and probably put up a few more points. Not like he had much help offensively in Nashville. Give him some better linemates and he's probably a 50-60 point player again. Definitely can be effective for at least another 4-5 years, possibly longer. Caps will definitely make good use of him until his current contract runs out.

Girgenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Reign Nateo

Is there anywhere to see a list of what picks each team now has in the draft? Buffalo must have a horde of them now...

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:02 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova III View Post
You guys make Cory Conacher sound like the second coming of Nazem Kadri.
And you guys make Nazem Kadri sound like the second coming of Wayne Gretzky

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:42 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Is there anywhere to see a list of what picks each team now has in the draft? Buffalo must have a horde of them now...
Buffalo has 8 in the top 60 picks over the next 2 years.
2013:
1st
1st (MIN)
2nd
2nd (STL)
3rd
4th (STL - conditional, if Blues win 1 playoff round)
5th
5th (STL - conditional, if Blues do not win a playoff round)
5th (NJD via FLA)
6th
7th

2014:
1st
2nd
2nd (MIN)
2nd (LAK)
3rd
5th
6th
7th