HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Vancouver offered Luongo for Scrivens + two 2nd rounders.

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 05:55 AM
ACC1224

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
In 2009 Snow was clearly angry, that Burke was so open with the Toronto press about potential NYI/Toronto trade talks. Snow keeps things very close to the vest.

He said something along the lines of 'that's not how we do things'.
Burke was fired before the season started, Nonis is the Leaf GM.

Old
04-04-2013, 05:57 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by deftones1986 View Post
To PHI:

Luongo (25% off)

To VAN:

Couturier
2014 1st

PHI buys out Bryz and he goes to one of those 3 teams mentioned.
Philly would probably make it conditional that they take Bryzgalov in the deal and Couturier probably wouldn't be moved in that situation. More realistic would be...

To Van: Bryzgalov, Talbot + 1st in 2014
To Phi: Luongo + mid-late pick.

Old
04-04-2013, 05:57 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Burke was fired before the season started, Nonis is the Leaf GM.
Did you misread the 2009 part?

Old
04-04-2013, 05:59 AM
BoHorvatFan

Nonis would never treat other GM's the way he's treating Gillis. David Nonis is an extremely classy individual but this is very personal. Mike Gillis took a lot of shots at Mr. Nonis when he took over and has gone on to use a huge amount of Nonis era players, even the coaches to get great results.

IMO Nonis has every right to be angry. Gillis is all smoke in mirrors, one could argue he's a gigantic fraud, like Obama once said ''you didn't build that'' well Gillis didn't build the Canucks foundation, Mr. Nonis did, he was fired right when he finally had cap space here.

I just hope Reimer holds up and the Leafs get in the playoffs and do well.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:02 AM
eyeball11

The very first day Luongo rumours started I said I'd be willing to trade Gunnarsson + Scrivens + a pick or prospect but no higher. I was widely ridiculed about the value but it appears to real world GMs he is only worth part of my offer (though actually not that far off - they substituted a pick for Gunnar). Even that got turned down. Huh.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:03 AM
masterson*

If this is accurate, then it s a horrible move by Toronto, and astounding Vancouver would have settled for so little. After all the bogus over hyped goalies that have gone thru Toronto the past decade, they finally have an opportunity to get a truly elite goalie, and theyd rather keep a guy who will not be remembered 3 years from now.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:05 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Teams aren't going to want to talk trades with Nonis if he constantly turns around and reveals the details to his cousin.
Right. Because A)Nonis is the only possible person who could leak any info B)He's the only GM around who would leak info and C)It couldn't possibly be coming from the Canucks camp right? All the lemmings talk about the Nonis/Dreger relationship meanwhile, the assistant GM of the Canucks has been leaking stuff for days. It's like people around here don't even try anymore. Lazy critics of the Leafs.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:08 AM
ACC1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Did you misread the 2009 part?
No I read fine, Nonis wasn't the GM in 2009.

What does 2009 have to do with Nonis giving Dreger information?

Old
04-04-2013, 06:09 AM
BoHorvatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Right. Because A)Nonis is the only possible person who could leak any info B)He's the only GM around who would leak info and C)It couldn't possibly be coming from the Canucks camp right? All the lemmings talk about the Nonis/Dreger relationship meanwhile, the assistant GM of the Canucks has been leaking stuff for days. It's like people around here don't even try anymore. Lazy critics of the Leafs.
Come on, the way Dreger puts out Leaf info can't even be compared to anything other journalists do.

He's basically the press secretary for the Leafs putting out talking points.

All GM's use the media at times, but the Nonis/Dreger thing is above and beyond the norm and makes a lot of people sick. And Im a huge Dave Nonis fan and Leaf supporter. It's just embarrassing when your fan base tries to tell everyone it isn't happening when it's so obvious.

Old
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterson View Post
If this is accurate, then it s a horrible move by Toronto, and astounding Vancouver would have settled for so little. After all the bogus over hyped goalies that have gone thru Toronto the past decade, they finally have an opportunity to get a truly elite goalie, and theyd rather keep a guy who will not be remembered 3 years from now.
Totally agree. Incredibly stupid for the Leafs not to be charitable and take on one of the worst contracts in league history. And that 37 year old Reimer is a bum! I mean, his numbers are brutal! Has a nice future in the ECHL.

Old
416Leafer

Not a chance TB takes Luongo. They have two young goalies that theyll be ttesting for the next 1-2 years before theyll feel like they need to switch it up, and thats only if both of them play poorly.

Not to mention financially. Lecavalier is getting 10M a year for another couple of years, and then i think aroubd 8.5M for a few years. Adding a goalie getting 6.7 or whatever it is that Luongo is getting the next 5-6 years is unlikely.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:11 AM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
As per Darren Dreger.

The Vancouver Canucks offered Roberto Luongo to Toronto for:

Ben Scrivens
2nd Round Pick (2013)
2nd Round Pick (2014)

Vancouver made three offers in the final hour of the trade deadline.

The Maple Leafs rejected all three.

What will his value be in the summer? If James Reimer falters between now and the end of the season, I think there is the possibility that Luongo replaces him. But how bad is the goalie market? Reimer would be attractive to a team like Winnipeg, if they feel like replacing Ondrej Pavelec. Reimer is a Manitoba native and a solid #1 goalie for a middle of the pack team, but still with some potential. He's only 25 years old.
Big supply of quality goalies available in the offseason. Luo should have been traded last Summer.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:11 AM
ACC1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
The very first day Luongo rumours started I said I'd be willing to trade Gunnarsson + Scrivens + a pick or prospect but no higher. I was widely ridiculed about the value but it appears to real world GMs he is only worth part of my offer (though actually not that far off - they substituted a pick for Gunnar). Even that got turned down. Huh.
Yeah I initially thought Bozak + 2nd, then changed that to they wouldn't take him for free.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
Come on, the way Dreger puts out Leaf info can't even be compared to anything other journalists do.

He's basically the press secretary for the Leafs putting out talking points.

All GM's use the media at times, but the Nonis/Dreger thing is above and beyond the norm and makes a lot of people sick. And Im a huge Dave Nonis fan and Leaf supporter. It's just embarrassing when your fan base tries to tell everyone it isn't happening when it's so obvious.
What do you expect? it's the biggest market in the league. So only Dreger talks about the Leafs? Honestly, how reliable is he anymore? Mckenzie is the only concrete guy around. The rest are just speculators. People outside of Toronto get pissed anytime Toronto is mentioned. There's always going to be bias in the media. People out west hate Dreger? that's fine, I gotta listen to Hughson. Bias is everywhere, time to get over it.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:14 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
No I read fine, Nonis wasn't the GM in 2009.

What does 2009 have to do with Nonis giving Dreger information?
Holy crap, re-read the freaking post. He's talking about how in 2009, Snow was mad at Burke, it's about how Burke talked about a trade, now people are saying Nonis did the same sort of thing (maybe it's true, maybe it's not, for the sake of this example, the assumption is that he blabbed to Dreger, so go follow along k? Because that's the whole point of that comment).

Do you understand now? Because if you don't after this...I give up.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:14 AM
masterson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Totally agree. Incredibly stupid for the Leafs not to be charitable and take on one of the worst contracts in league history. And that 37 year old Reimer is a bum! I mean, his numbers are brutal! Has a nice future in the ECHL.
Despite all the Reimer hype, and Reimer for Calder/Vezina and Reimer is a top 5 goalie threads, he will never be as good as Luongo. You think you guys would have learned from the Racyrofts, Gustavsons, etc but its literally as though every guy who gets between the pipes in TO is the next Patrick Roy

Old
04-04-2013, 06:18 AM
Fuzzy Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Teams aren't going to want to talk trades with Nonis if he constantly turns around and reveals the details to his cousin.
This is one thing I don't get with "insiders". They are NHL paparazzi.

With Dave Nonis & Dreger being similar age (46 and 44 respectively) I can see them growing up in a close relationship where perhaps they can share this info but the work done by pro sport insiders seems rather sleazy to me.

I have an older cousin who is a coach and I would never imagine brown nosing for some junk rumor although I very rarely see him anyways. It just seems rude and rather classless. Last time I saw him - which was nearly 2 years ago - I kept it to family and the basics of how it's going in life and the team, not looking for dirt to advance a career.

Although, I do understand that many of these organizations make use of these journalists for their own gain and if these people want to have a career it's part of the basic duties if they want to feed their families. I'm just not fond of the way it unfolds sometimes.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:21 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterson View Post
Despite all the Reimer hype, and Reimer for Calder/Vezina and Reimer is a top 5 goalie threads, he will never be as good as Luongo. You think you guys would have learned from the Racyrofts, Gustavsons, etc but its literally as though every guy who gets between the pipes in TO is the next Patrick Roy
Wow. Reimer hype? Where? Top 5? how many Leafs fans actually think this way? Maybe 1% of the fanbase? Patrick Roy? Thats a joke right? so let me get this straight...Leafs fans feel Reimer is a top 5 goalie, the next Roy, yet a good chunk of the fanbase wants Luongo. Right.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:21 AM
tml145

lol DD isn't even the first to report this

Old
04-04-2013, 06:22 AM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

Quote:
Holy crap, re-read the freaking post. He's talking about how in 2009, Snow was mad at Burke, it's about how Burke talked about a trade, now people are saying Nonis did the same sort of thing (maybe it's true, maybe it's not, for the sake of this example, the assumption is that he blabbed to Dreger, so go follow along k? Because that's the whole point of that comment).

You're just misunderstanding each other. He's not asking for an example of general managers being upset or shunning another general manager due to leaking, he's asking for an example of Nonis leaking info to Dreger. It seems like people just assume that's what happens and he was looking for evidence, not questioning your reasoning in the case that it's true.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:22 AM
ACC1224

Quote:

You should give up.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:23 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
This is one thing I don't get with "insiders". They are NHL paparazzi.

With Dave Nonis & Dreger being similar age (46 and 44 respectively) I can see them growing up in a close relationship where perhaps they can share this info but the work done by pro sport insiders seems rather sleazy to me.

I have an older cousin who is a coach and I would never imagine brown nosing for some junk rumor although I very rarely see him anyways. It just seems rude and rather classless. Last time I saw him - which was nearly 2 years ago - I kept it to family and the basics of how it's going in life and the team, not looking for dirt to advance a career.

Although, I do understand that many of these organizations make use of these journalists for their own gain and if these people want to have a career it's part of the basic duties if they want to feed their families. I'm just not fond of the way it unfolds sometimes.
LOL they're second cousins. Second cousins. It's like you guys have photos of them as babies together playing with blocks. The imagination of some folks around here is astounding.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:26 AM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
I don't see any team wanting Luongo unless the Canucks eat a portion of his salary. That's the reality of his contract.
The Toronto Maple Leafs and every other team in the league know that the Canucks are desparate to move Roberto. No one is doing Vancouver a favor. MG looked silly at the deadline. He will be lucky if he gets anything for Luongo now. When a player has an asset teams are supposed to be calling them. This was not the case.
Come draft time or in the Summer with an abundance of cheaper options. Oh boy.
Not to mention, Roberto himself hurt Gillis bargaining power with his comments.
Even if a team is willing to take Luongo for say a 7th round pick the contract is such a gamble with the new CBA.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:27 AM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

vCash: 50
Gillis is deluded if he still thinks he can do a hockey trade for Luongo. He messed up this thing for a year now. Just get rid of the contract and breathe a sigh of relief that you won't have that cap hit for another 9 years. The added cap space is the return in a trade.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:27 AM
deftones1986

Quote:
Philly would probably make it conditional that they take Bryzgalov in the deal and Couturier probably wouldn't be moved in that situation. More realistic would be...

To Van: Bryzgalov, Talbot + 1st in 2014
To Phi: Luongo + mid-late pick.
I don't see how VAN would get rid of Luongo because of cap reasons, just to bring in Bryzgalov... who PHI would be trying to get rid of for the same thing.

Also, I don't see any way the Flyers are going after a #1 goalie or D-man without sending Couturier the other way.

I just want Bryz bought out, and Luongo for a cheaper cap hit. Bryz is not a terrible goalie, but it's all about the money, and for that reason he is really losing the fan base here and Philly needs to rebuild.

Buying out Briere and Bryz would help a ton. And Luo if traded with salary retained, or bought out and signed, I think would be a good fit in Philly due to his personality and skill level.

Last edited by deftones1986: 04-04-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Closed Thread