HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguins @ Rangers 4/3/13 - Byron Boy's JAM Session!

View Poll Results: Three Stars of the Game?
Ryane Clowe 252 96.92%
Derick Brassard 230 88.46%
John Moore 57 21.92%
Henrik Lundqvist 33 12.69%
Martin Biron 4 1.54%
Carl Hagelin 2 0.77%
Byron Boy 131 50.38%
Rick Nash 2 0.77%
Anton Stralman 3 1.15%
Ryan McDonagh 11 4.23%
Dan Girardi 4 1.54%
Taylor Pyatt 2 0.77%
Ryan Callahan 2 0.77%
Brad Richards 21 8.08%
Derek Stepan 10 3.85%
Steve Eminger 1 0.38%
Michael Del Zotto 2 0.77%
Darroll Powe 4 1.54%
Arron Asham 3 1.15%
Mats Zuccarello 7 2.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-04-2013, 05:32 AM
Placid

vCash: 500
hehe, guys, give it at least 5 - 6 games for everything to "settle" before making any calls. If the team as a whole keeps up the energy and effort they have now, things are definitely looking up

Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 05:46 AM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Why is it odd or sad? Clowe and Brassard had big games. Miller and Kreider are kids with bright futures. Miller probably shouldn't have been up to start with. Kreider is better off in Hartford than having Torts screw with his confidence.
Because to me, players being brought in to play the same positions matching totals exactly as soon as they arrive is a weird coincidence.

It's sad because 2 players getting top 9 minutes most of the time had 7pts between them in 50 odd games and is one of the many, many reasons why this team is struggling

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 05:47 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
Watch the highlights.

Zuccarello is WAY too ****ing happy. Every goal... this guy's face
Just proves that he loves hockey and he is a team player. I genuinly believe that he donīt care too much about his own production as long as he plays good an contributes.

He turned down a great contract in Russia next season to sign a short term contract with the Rangers.

Of course, producing points helps his confidence. On the other hand, he should have had 4-5 assists already if his teammates had been as effecive as last nights game.

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
Because to me, players being brought in to play the same positions matching totals exactly as soon as they arrive is a weird coincidence.

It's sad because 2 players getting top 9 minutes most of the time had 7pts between them in 50 odd games and is one of the many, many reasons why this team is struggling
Miller was getting top nine minutes mostly with offensive dynamos Pyatt and Boyle. Kreider spent most of his games on the fourth line or benched because Torts gave him an absurdly short leash. It's dumb to try and draw conclusions from the results of the crappy situation they were put in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
Kreider was probably the one most in need of pre season training to learn the system. Half of the posters around here had him pinned as a +50 points player, but big guys take time to adjust. And he did look better after his second call-up. Him being slowly adjusted to the big league is not a bad thing, keeping him up when he's not performing would be worse for his confidence. Now he get time to work on specific parts of his game off stage. And hopefully he will take another step in his progress to become the player we all think and want him to be, come playoff time.
Kreider was playing well during his second call up right up until Torts banished him to the fourth line a shift or two into the Montreal game and made his minutes disappear. It's not encouraging to me that Torts decided to reward Kreider's improved and seemingly productive play in that manner.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

How many forwards from our ECF team are left? 5+Kreider? Am I leaving someone out?
Hags, Steps, Cally, Boyle, Beaver?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:28 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Trying to forget the result and the fact the Pens have to be (and looked) emotionally and physically drained...this was a completely different Rangers team than I've seen in a long while.

I think Clowe really changes the complexion of the team and equally the subtraction of Gaborik's style completely changes things.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:30 AM
patnyrnyg

For the 3 stars, I would go with Gaborik, Gaborik, and Gaborik. He fetched us 2 goals and 3 assists tonight!

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Boyle's value is now clearly a 1st and a top prospect.
You gotta chill bro. BB had one of his better games
But he was very fortunate to get points; pucks were bouncing off if him twice when he was in the ice. He has been crap all year even defensively. Hopefully these new linemates and playing on the wing helps him to become adequate. And you and he should enjoy this one but let's not lose all perspective.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Sticky Fingers
NYR

Quote:
Miller was getting top nine minutes mostly with offensive dynamos Pyatt and Boyle. Kreider spent most of his games on the fourth line or benched because Torts gave him an absurdly short leash. It's dumb to try and draw conclusions from the results of the crappy situation they were put in.
No mather line mates, they both have under performed point wise. If Kreider was ready while being as talented as told around here, he sure as hell should be able to put up better numbers imo. Same goes for Miller. Both need to improve their game, and to take that next step is on them self. The chance will soon come again, and they better be ready.

Quote:
Kreider was playing well during his second call up right up until Torts banished him to the fourth line a shift or two into the Montreal game and made his minutes disappear. It's not encouraging to me that Torts decided to reward Kreider's improved and seemingly productive play in that manner.
I've watched all but five games this season, and to me Kreider has been good/real good in 3-4 games. Same goes for Miller, even though he have had a higher effort level than Kreider, he have also made more mistakes. Kreider to me has been pale, looked lost.

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Sticky Fingers
NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
You gotta chill bro. BB had one of his better games
But he was very fortunate to get points; pucks were bouncing off if him twice when he was in the ice. He has been crap all year even defensively. Hopefully these new linemates and playing on the wing helps him to become adequate. And you and he should enjoy this one but let's not lose all perspective.
Yeah, standing in front of the goalie is all about luck and had nothing to do with us scoring!

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Wow what a debut, that was the most satisfying game I've seen in years, my son said the Garden erupted when Clowe flattened Englland on the 1st shift and never stopped...Asham punched Glass in the face 7 times...Brassard's passing was right on the tape...but the biggest surprise was 3 for 3 on the PP and the 1st unit was Boyle- Clowe- Brassard...I like Moore's point shot also, its very accurate...great game...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:47 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 783
Sucks that I had to miss the game, now I can't see any replays because MSG isn't showing replays...sucks.

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:49 AM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
3pm today on NHL Network is probably your best and only chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Sucks that I had to miss the game, now I can't see any replays because MSG isn't showing replays...sucks.
Not unless you don't have the NHL network and a DVR if you are at work.

Doctor King Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Zil

Quote:
No mather line mates, they both have under performed point wise.
Miller hasn't underperformed. He shouldn't have been up in the first place. He should be down in Hartford getting experience at center.

Quote:
If Kreider was ready while being as talented as told around here, he sure as hell should be able to put up better numbers imo. Same goes for Miller. Both need to improve their game, and to take that next step is on them self. The chance will soon come again, and they better be ready.
Kreider did improve his game. He was getting shots on net and generating chances. He went down to Hartford and got his game together and came back looking dangerous. This comes down to Torts just not trusting him to go play.

Quote:
I've watched all but five games this season, and to me Kreider has been good/real good in 3-4 games. Same goes for Miller, even though he have had a higher effort level than Kreider, he have also made more mistakes. Kreider to me has been pale, looked lost.
Like I said before, Miller shouldn't have been up. He's too green and needs playing time at center. There's no reason for anyone to knock him for not producing in the circumstances he was thrust into.

Kreider looked tentative during his first stint with the team. He looked like a completely different player in his second stint though. I don't understand why they decided to mess with him.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:52 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

One thing for sure:

Regardless of how well we do on the scoreboard, so long as we're doing all the right things (even if we're losing because of not finishing), we're on the right track. For half of the people saying this is one game, it's one game that we took control EVEN IF the Penguins relinquished control. It's not every day we score 6 goals when playing a bad opponent or an opponent off their game. In fact, based on the last time we scored 6, it's only once a year we do this

For those getting excited, it's only one game and pucks were bouncing our way tonight and the Penguins didn't get the bounces when they set themselves up for capitalizing on bounces.

Clowe didn't have to punish players physically tonight because the Penguins mailed it in 15 minutes in. All three of our new players didn't have to be tested defensively. We haven't had to truly grind against a solid defensive team playing a solid defensive game with a solid goalie in net yet and we haven't tested out the new goal scoring potentials in that setting.

Between being happy about it and being cautious, I'd rather just be happy, for once this year 6 goals! I still can't believe it!

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:54 AM
NikC

Without a doubt, their best effort, and best game this season! Lets hope this the start of playing winning hockey. Its a pretty good time of year to find our game.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:54 AM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

What was your favorite goal? It's hard for me to choose but Brassard's power play backhander and McD's goal are probably my top 2.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

This high HFNYR is on right now and the optimism in here is going to either get higher or really turn this place into an absolute **** gong show

Old
04-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
What was your favorite goal? It's hard for me to choose but Brassard's power play backhander and McD's goal are probably my top 2.
I didn't watch the game so I can't really tell you.

I would think rationally, the best one has to be the game opening goal, knowing that we're not going to be pwned by the Penguins entirely and that we might actually win this game considering how well we were playing.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
I didn't watch the game so I can't really tell you.

I would think rationally, the best one has to be the game opening goal, knowing that we're not going to be pwned by the Penguins entirely and that we might actually win this game considering how well we were playing.
That goal was also great because Richards scored on the PP from the point, even though it hit Boyle in front of the net. It gives me hope that Richards is coming back online these last few games.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Yeah, standing in front of the goalie is all about luck and had nothing to do with us scoring!
Alot of the time he was lyingnin front of the net. I don't want to piss on the parade but let him get results in more than one magical game before we start proclaiming that he has all this trade value.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 08:30 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I usually reserve such bold statements. I'm gonna go out on a gut limb here. If Staal comes back healthy, I think this team wins the cup this year.

A little bit of background about me:

-I'm a libra.
-6 foot.
-Still unable to grow a thick mustache.
-Not delusional/psychopathic.
-Predicted we'd trade for Nash 2 offseasons go.
-Predicted we'd trade for Clowe at last year's deadline.

So yea. You heard it here first.

And if we lose on Friday and Saturday we should tank.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 08:54 AM
NYR Viper

I can not express how much more I like Boyle on the wing as opposed to at center. I also liked Powe at 4c with Asham. Pyatt was meh again.

It simplifies his game, and I have said this for years, the guy is not a NHL centerman.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:10 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
One thing for sure:

Regardless of how well we do on the scoreboard, so long as we're doing all the right things (even if we're losing because of not finishing), we're on the right track.
The bolded is exactly whats been happening all season...so by that logic we've been on the right track all year

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Kane One

vCash: 1881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
When Moore scored my mind was instantly blown. I mean, I was already amazed before that, but that did it for me.