HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Rumours and Speculation Thread #4

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 05:11 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
and that 3rd is 2 years from now. not like we wont get a chance at another 3rd...
Dude! In 7-9 years that 3rd round pick could be a solid 4th liner... We are so screwed!

Old
04-03-2013, 05:12 PM
JVR21
G

I'm dying thinking of what we could've gotten for Briere if he had been healthy and bullied into waiving his NMC.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:13 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
I'm dying thinking of what we could've gotten for Briere if he had been healthy and bullied into waiving his NMC.
This x2000000000000. It is literally painful to think about.

04-03-2013, 05:15 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

I will not be the least bit surprised to see Ben Bishop get absolutely torched next season.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:23 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Dude! In 7-9 years that 3rd round pick could be a solid 4th liner... We are so screwed!
I clearly dont understand the recipe for success!

Old
04-03-2013, 06:49 PM
PredsFanFromla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Martin Erat's name is being thrown around.

Weber probably won't be too happy if they are trading off pieces. The guy said he wants to win and for the organization to prove to him they want to win. Step 1 was signing him to big money, step 2 was paying for other talent, not trading it away.

Erat requested to be traded two weeks ago,gave poile a list of ten teams,The preds are going with a younger team,erat is getting older and wants to win a stanley cup ,also ryan suter leaving and the monster offer sheet that shea weber from philly had a little bit to do with marty's decision

Old
04-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFanFromla View Post
Erat requested to be traded two weeks ago,gave poile a list of ten teams,The preds are going with a younger team,erat is getting older and wants to win a stanley cup ,also ryan suter leaving and the monster offer sheet that shea weber from philly had a little bit to do with marty's decision
If Martin Erat believes he can't win a championship in Nashville what do you think Weber is thinking? Erat believes they are going through another rebuild, and won't be a contending team for a while. I know it's not very likely to happen, but if I was Nashville, I would be a little worried about Weber.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:36 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFanFromla View Post
If your trying to convince Flyer fans that Weber isn't coming to Philly then I'd just give up now. It's a lost cause.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
If your trying to convince Flyer fans that Weber isn't coming to Philly then I'd just give up now. It's a lost cause.
I'm not even saying he will be coming to Philly, but with what Weber was saying in the offseason about the Preds, he can't be happy with the recent happenings. He wanted that team to prove they were contenders and were willing to go ll out in acquiring talent(spending to the cap). So far they have not proven that.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
I'm not even saying he will be coming to Philly, but with what Weber was saying in the offseason about the Preds, he can't be happy with the recent happenings. He wanted that team to prove they were contenders and were willing to go ll out in acquiring talent(spending to the cap). So far they have not proven that.
Time to move on.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Time to move on.
Pretty sure I have, and you would know that by reading the bold.

I am aware that the Flyers won't get Weber.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:29 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
don't know if this has been stated, but LeBrun said the asking price from OTT for Bishop was Couturier

Old
04-03-2013, 09:31 PM
SuchySays

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
don't know if this has been stated, but LeBrun said the asking price from OTT for Bishop was Couturier
damn.. so glad they didn't do that

Old
04-03-2013, 09:49 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
The trading of the pick isn't what bothers me about this trade (it is more likely that that pick never sees the NHL than it is that he ever turns into anything of value). It is trading for a goalie who has been pretty bad since his rookie year and making a ton of money (for a backup). The only way this makes sense is if the plan is to buyout Bryz, and even at that point it is worrisome based on his play over the past few seasons.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:50 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Next year, if we're out of a playoffs spot. And if we're in, you'll be happy to have him.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:52 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
The trading of the pick isn't what bothers me about this trade (it is more likely that that pick never sees the NHL than it is that he ever turns into anything of value). It is trading for a goalie who has been pretty bad since his rookie year and making a ton of money (for a backup). The only way this makes sense is if the plan is to buyout Bryz, and even at that point it is worrisome based on his play over the past few seasons.
S. Mason isn't that bad imo. Still has a shot at breaking out and if not, well it's a quality backup.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:14 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
Next year, if we're out of a playoffs spot. And if we're in, you'll be happy to have him.
There's a really good chance he won't even be on the roster next year.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
For cap reasons alone, Briere has to go. Amnesty.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:20 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
actually, I don't think there is any chance of this. We will keep him.

Last edited by achdumeingute: 04-04-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old
04-04-2013, 12:55 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

I think Leopold is a UFA this summer, would he help with moving the puck? Provided we don't get one through the draft that can step in right away?

Old
04-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Curufinwe

He is, and he only made $3m this year.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Prongo
Beer

I'm not a fan of leopold. Just to ask buffalo fans how they feel about his play, he stuggled immensely up there. He is the puck moving defender we could use, but honestly I rather target streit. Even though it would be a 35+ contract I wouldn't give him more than 2-3 years. He still can play pretty well and we could use his shot from the point Leopold would be overpriced and probably underwhelm. Similar to Matt Carle is Tampa right now

Old
04-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Sec201

Couts

I have been reading a lot (specifically Pannacio this am) that mentions the fact that Ottawa was demanding couts if we were to make a Bishop trade. Pannoch goes on to mention that he was glad we didn't do that as we would need couts as a trade chip over the summer for a dman. Am I the only one who thinks it would be a very crappy decision to get rid of couts for anything? I think couts has big upside!! The fact that every team is demanding couts in some sort of trade should set off bells that the guy is pretty d*mn good! I would rather trade our b. Schenn for a dman. Schenn has not remotely shown anything that leads me to believe he is going to be a force in this league and he has more experience then couts. I think it would be a very bad decision to even think about trading couts. It will look worse then the Pat Sharpe trade by far; no matter what the return!

Old
04-04-2013, 08:26 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec201 View Post
I have been reading a lot (specifically Pannacio this am) that mentions the fact that Ottawa was demanding couts if we were to make a Bishop trade. Pannoch goes on to mention that he was glad we didn't do that as we would need couts as a trade chip over the summer for a dman. Am I the only one who thinks it would be a very crappy decision to get rid of couts for anything? I think couts has big upside!! The fact that every team is demanding couts in some sort of trade should set off bells that the guy is pretty d*mn good! I would rather trade our b. Schenn for a dman. Schenn has not remotely shown anything that leads me to believe he is going to be a force in this league and he has more experience then couts. I think it would be a very bad decision to even think about trading couts. It will look worse then the Pat Sharpe trade by far; no matter what the return!
First to address the post. I do believe if the Flyers find a player they value extremely high(young top pairing dman) they will involve Couts in a trade. He is not being shopped, but teams are constantly asking for him because we lack middling prospects. It is either top tier prospects like Couts/Schenn or players like Cousins who project to be third liners. Scott Laughton I will say seems to be projecting more than a third liner right now. He was tied for points in the playoffs in the OHL(up until yesterday I believe) and is playing like a force up there. The reason everyone asks for Couts, yes is he a very good young player, but also he is one of our only trade chips.

Now for the bolded. Sean Couturier actually has the same amount of NHL time as Brayden Schenn. He actually has played more games too(Couts 122 games/Schenn 100). They both took different paths to the NHL. Schenn was groomed and developed slowly, while Couts was asked to step right into the NHL. Schenn also has been playing pretty good this year. When he struggles, it is when he is put with Briere. Briere has brought down every line he has played on this year. Also Schenn plays more of the prototypical Flyers hockey, he hits, will fight, and will score. Schenn has all the skill, and can skate pretty well too. Couts biggest problem is his skating, although it improved this year, still holds him back. He does work with someone though in the summer for it, so hopefully if he is here, he comes back even better.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec201 View Post
I am with you. Even with this crap year, I believe the Flyers need for a top defenseman is overblown as to require trading a good young player like Couturier or even B.Schenn. The last three games have shown what a commitment to team defense can do. I believe a lot of the teams problems were turnovers in the neutral zone and forwards not getting back. I am for signing a guy like Streit and building the defense thru the draft. Maybe they can package Read with Coburn and get an upgrade.

Closed Thread