HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mark Streit staying or going?

Old
04-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Dan-o16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Teams/GMs sometimes get themselfes into trouble when they overpay for players that aren't really worth it. Not only do you have an overpaid player on your roster then, but the next, similar player will come and ask for the same money. I can imagine that Streits demands went up when he saw what Visnovsky got. And I can understand if he thinks that he shouldn't get less than Visnovsky, they have a very similar skillset IMO.
It's really hard to tell if that's true right now, because we don't know how hurt Streit is. But if we go by how they're playing now, it's not at all true. They're close offensively, but Visnovsky is much better both defensively and moving the puck in his own end. He's also been far more decisive than Streit.

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

I'm guessing he's staying

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:17 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
It's really hard to tell if that's true right now, because we don't know how hurt Streit is. But if we go by how they're playing now, it's not at all true. They're close offensively, but Visnovsky is much better both defensively and moving the puck in his own end. He's also been far more decisive than Streit.
I've been begging for Snow to get the deal with Streit done. I cut him a lot of slack because he's playing with a leg injury and still leading the team in ATOI.

But, I think he's on the downside of his career and don't want him back at the numbers being tossed around in the press. Hopefully, he helps the isles into this season's playoffs and Snow has a plan B to replace him for next season.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Nolanitis

So what kind of salary is Streit going to get. He wants 3 years at atleast 15 million up to 16.5. Does he get it and which team will do that?

And Snow has a plan b. one of Donovan, Reinhart, or Pedan. There is no way the Isles do not bring in one of these guys. I think Reinhart has a good shot.

Nolanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Krishna

I wouldn't be against a 3 year deal for Streit if the flyer get rid of Meszaros

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:16 PM
StrongIslanders90

AT the terms hes seeking I would rather let him walk...and mayby that forces the Isles to try an trade for an upgrade...

FWIW the way I see it...

ViZ-Hamonic
AMAC-B.Strait
Hickey Carkner

Mayby hopfully Donovan is ready to bump someone down the depth chart..

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote