HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Thank you Marian Gaborik!!!

Old
04-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
When I found out he was traded bi immediately thought of this clip. Gabs loved living & playing in new york.
Well, if that's true, he can just come back next year when he's a UFA.

04-04-2013, 08:32 AM
snowcloud

vCash: 500
Good luck, Gabby. It was great having you here. You were a joy to watch and have as a Ranger. I hope you do well with Columbus.

snowcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I really liked Gaborik a lot. Fun player to watch most of the time. Always felt he got a bad rap here, especially in the playoffs last year when he was still putting up points (and it turned out, he was doing it with one arm).

There was one play his first season here where he was at our blueline, the puck was by the opposite bench, and I swear he went from standing still to the opposite blueline in 1 second. Got a breakaway, scored a goal. I want to say against Buffalo, but I can't be sure. It was one of the single most amazing plays I've ever seen.
I think the game was 12/23/2009 vs. Florida.

You can find it here: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...ed-share-video

04-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Just my personal opinion, but I dont know how you can love Marian Gaborik as a player.

I've always respected his talents, respected his goal scoring ability, but hes just not the type of player I could really commit to as a fan.

I cant put my finger on one reason why - probably has a lot to do with his lack of a compete level.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 08:57 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post

That clip is from this season

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Synergy27

Maybe the wrong thread for this, but again, for people who wanted draft picks for Gabby, how do those help a team trying to win it all in the short term? And like I've been saying, how does hanging onto Gaborik help us in the playoffs where his invisibility is even less helpful shift to shift?

I thought Gabby might fetch some higher quality young players than he did, but the guys they did get will do more in the tight checking playoffs than Gabby right away in my opinion.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:04 AM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Just my personal opinion, but I dont know how you can love Marian Gaborik as a player.

I've always respected his talents, respected his goal scoring ability, but hes just not the type of player I could really commit to as a fan.

I cant put my finger on one reason why - probably has a lot to do with his lack of a compete level.
hell yeah I agree guy was amazing here and i thank him for being the spark that made the gomez (even though i didnt think he was bad here) drury and redden situation easier to put behind us...

however, why does everyone love hockey? its bc of its fast pace, skill but most of all its physical, grit and in your face style.. far from gaborik.. rather have heart and sole in the form of grit and physical play (dictates the play of the game so much!!!) then just a pure scorer.. but i appreciate everything he did and it wont be forgotten!!! Real lucky to have had him!!

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Cake or Death

Best of success to you #10. I am glad you chose to come to NY and that you so clearly wanted to play here. I was nervous when we signed you due to injury history, but I am glad you proved me wrong and had a few monster seasons. Sad to see you go, but I am glad you got away from this ECHL coaching staff and I hope you light it up in Columbus.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:17 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Lol. You think the Rangers care about the tattoo on your arm?
Yeah I got this because I think the Rangers will love it, not because I'm a fan. good one.

Besides, Gretzky liked it, and that's the best opinion of all.

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post

Quote:
You can use the menus to get to the highlights from the game Jabroni is talking about.

That might be the play, but for some reason I remember one similar to that being near the benches. Either way, demonstrates the same thing.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:28 AM
thepoeticgoblin

Thank you Gabby. The first free agent success in a long time and 114 G(?) is something to be proud of. Thank you for last year especially where you were one of our most important players and sole sniper! I wish you the best.

PS: don't score 5 on Hank again. Ever?

thepoeticgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:49 AM
cjc5103

Thanks for everything Gabby. You will be missed!

cjc5103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Figured I'd join in on this thread.

Gabs might of had his (noticeable) flaws, but scoring 100+ goals for this offensively-inept franchise was great. He scored many of them at key moments, and didn't only feast of weak teams like people like to say. (although he did own the Fishsticks.)

Let's not forget that he scored on of the most memorable goals in recent memory. 12:14 AM, and my dad were jumping out of our seats and celebrating like crazy.

I wish him the best in Columbus, along with all of the other former Rangers there. When they're down a goal, and have 6 skaters on, they can field:
Dubi-Arty-Prospal-Gabby
Erixon-Tyutin

Thanks for the memories, Gabs.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:55 AM
MichaelDelNotto
Likes Hockey

Gonna miss this guy. Thanks for the memories.

MichaelDelNotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:02 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
He was a good player, always enjoyed watching him. I never took a shine to him like some of our other guys though. Still, thanks, Gabs.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
If you go to the game on 12/23/09, I think that's the one.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
Yeah I got this because I think the Rangers will love it, not because I'm a fan. good one.
Then why do you think someone made this thread? Oh yeah, because they are fans. No one actually thinks Gaborik will read this.

Good one.

04-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Thanks and good luck in CBJ, brochatcho

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Pizza

Sincerely the Best to you Gabby. I really hope you can regain your form and help Cbus make the post season. That fan base really deserves it.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:17 PM
SlapshotTheMovie

i love gabby. easily my second favorite rangers next to cally the last couple of years. He was aware his contract was losing value and he wasn't producing. Sucks but this might work out better for everyone and that is all you can really ask.

SlapshotTheMovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:22 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:

Lack of compete level is such BS. People associate not hitting and not blocking shots with a lack of compete level which just isn't true. That was never Gaboriks game. Fact is, when he's not scoring he's not noticeable. All of sudden though, he'll sneak up on a team and just pot a goal.

How much he has scored is not a mistake. He's a wonderful player. He's a sneaky player. He's not a guy that stands out like Nash.

People who don't like him, or don't respect him, don't understand the different types of players in the NHL.

He is one of 3 rangers in HISTORY to score 40 goals for the team twice. He did that in essentially a 3 year tenure here. I don't know how you have any sort of trouble understanding how people love him, when he was one of our best FA signings of recent and is arguably one of the best goal scorers to ever put on a Ranger uniform.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:37 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I think he's earned this thread.

You were awesome here....you weren't perfect, but you scored goals and made this team exciting in your 3 seasons here. Wishing you the best of luck is Columbus!!
Ditto.
PS -- you showed heart, man.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
He is one of 3 rangers in HISTORY to score 40 goals for the team twice. He did that in essentially a 3 year tenure here.
Who's the third, Gabby, Ratelle and ?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:44 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Who's the third, Gabby, Ratelle and ?
Gartner

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Fleury4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Lack of compete level is such BS. People associate not hitting and not blocking shots with a lack of compete level which just isn't true. That was never Gaboriks game. Fact is, when he's not scoring he's not noticeable. All of sudden though, he'll sneak up on a team and just pot a goal.

How much he has scored is not a mistake. He's a wonderful player. He's a sneaky player. He's not a guy that stands out like Nash.

People who don't like him, or don't respect him, don't understand the different types of players in the NHL.

He is one of 3 rangers in HISTORY to score 40 goals for the team twice. He did that in essentially a 3 year tenure here. I don't know how you have any sort of trouble understanding how people love him, when he was one of our best FA signings of recent and is arguably one of the best goal scorers to ever put on a Ranger uniform.
Thank you, could not agree more. It's the unique talents that make the NHL worth watching. You can get Grindfest '99 and wall-humping in any hockey league. If it was the superior style Detroit would have been one garbage team for the past 20 years.

Fleury4ever is offline   Reply With Quote