HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We Got Outplayed But wow The Flyers Should Buy a Lottery Ticket

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 12:16 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
"We Got Outplayed But How The Flyers Should Buy a Lottery Ticket"

What?
edited the title to say what I think was meant.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
04-04-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Remember how their goals went in?
Some lucky news. Boullion totally wusses out on that late dump...icing I believe but could not hear the game. We could have at least got to OT. No excusing that. I think MB let the team down by not getting some help on the size side at least for the regular season. Tim Jackman from the Flames would have even helped. Sick of watching our players get hammered by losers like Hartnell & Simmonds.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:30 AM
MarkersMark*

First time since under the new Habs era that I'm ashamed to be a fan... and not because of the team but because of the garbage I've seen on this forum tonight.

You guys should be ashamed.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:32 AM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Pretty disappointed, Price really kept us in the game and they blew it hopefully they come out strong against the jets.

Old
04-04-2013, 02:31 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfox View Post
Pittsburgh lost their best player, Boston lost their's and tonight Montreal loses their best player.
the irony is impossible to miss

Old
04-04-2013, 04:09 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
the irony is impossible to miss
Told you to stop celebrating injuries.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:08 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Well they definitely deserved to lose that one. Lots of sleepwalking going on for whatever reason. Not really that upset since they were due for a stinker but they will need to bounce back tonight.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:12 AM
Top Corner2

Wow that was a terrible game....

Philly really put us in our place. I'm curious to see if we sink or swim after that one. It was pretty demoralizing.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:20 AM
SeriousHabs

I only watched 45-50 minutes, but from what I saw we dominated them. Only one Flyer was able to beat Price. Bouillon, Subban and Emelin are their other scorers. The Flyers are a terrible team and if they somehow make it to the playoffs I wish we face them.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:25 AM
SeriousHabs

And of course, by beating Price I mean open net goal

Old
04-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
Wow that was a terrible game....

Philly really put us in our place. I'm curious to see if we sink or swim after that one. It was pretty demoralizing.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:30 AM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Bah. Flyers are tough to beat at home (12-5-2) and were pretty much in a do or die situation. For the Habs, I guess it was just another game.

Let's just hope Plekanec's gonna be back for Saturday's game against Boston.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:42 AM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
I only watched 45-50 minutes, but from what I saw we dominated them. Only one Flyer was able to beat Price. Bouillon, Subban and Emelin are their other scorers. The Flyers are a terrible team and if they somehow make it to the playoffs I wish we face them.
I wouldn't say that. You can hardly dominate a team while being outshout 26-6 over the last 2 periods. It was one of the very few games this year where the Habs were unable to impose their puck possession game. Plekanec's injury sure didn't help.

Flyers were desperate yesterday, basically throwing everything at the net hoping for a good bounce and it paid off. But yeah, I'm confident Habs would eat the Flyers alive in the playoffs.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:07 AM
gillyguzzler

OK, so they had a bad game. It happens. The team has been pretty resilient this year and will bounce back.

However, we can't lose Plek and Patches on the trade deadline day. Hopefully, it's very short term.

Bouillon? Yes, he wasn't good yesterday and left me cursing him when he got beat on that icing that led to the goal. But, in his defense, he's had 4 different D partners during the past month, he's playing left, he's playing right,... One thing for sure - he and Gorges are terrible on the PP. That has to stop but the other options aren't very good.

In my opinion, the turning point of this game was the Plek injury. It screwed up the lines and the team played like collective crap soon after. It just goes to show how important #14 is.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:39 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereforaquickpost View Post
First time since under the new Habs era that I'm ashamed to be a fan... and not because of the team but because of the garbage I've seen on this forum tonight.

Sorry but if you feel ashamed to be a Habs fan because of what gets posted by a select few fans on this forum after a Habs loss then HF really isn't the place for you I'm afraid..

Old
04-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Alexdaman

Why is it so hard for some to take a loss,? I must of been 12 when I understood that when watching sports, you should never to take defeat too harshly, because watching your team can become a nightmare...

Pittsburgh got blasted a couple times vs Philly and they lost 6-1 to the rangers last night. That's the reality of hockey, if Chicago can lose 6-2 to the Colorado Avalanche we shouldn't get too riled up about losing 5-3 vs the Flyers.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Lemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Why is it so hard for some to take a loss,? I must of been 12 when I understood that when watching sports, you should never to take defeat too harshly, because watching your team can become a nightmare...

Pittsburgh got blasted a couple times vs Philly and they lost 6-1 to the rangers last night. That's the reality of hockey, if Chicago can lose 6-2 to the Colorado Avalanche we shouldn't get too riled up about losing 5-3 vs the Flyers.
Say what you want, pens are half the team without Sid

Old
04-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
Say what you want, pens are half the team without Sid
Yeah and they lost twice to the flyers with sid in the lineup.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I love all the panic going on this thread. we win 3 straight then lose one on(admittedly a poor final 40 minutes) and 3 goals off legs/skates and the sky is falling.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Craig71

Quote:

I agree, it is the reality of sport and not the end of the world. It is what keeps teams humble and the habs will be ok after this loss. If we came back from a 6-0 disaster then we can come back from this one. The guys just got away from the game plan and lost the game.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Tuggy

Quote:

Age and/or maturity probably has a lot to do with it I would think. I often wonder sometimes if certain posters enjoy posting more about the team losing than winning.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I love all the panic going on this thread. we win 3 straight then lose one on(admittedly a poor final 40 minutes) and 3 goals off legs/skates and the sky is falling.
I said that last night and was told that I was too emotional and that if I could'nt take the heat that I should get out of the kitchen.

I am waiting for the tank nation and Therrien is a bum threads.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Hugo Sham

we lost, **** happens. I didn't like the way we lost and hoping for a bounce back. With the parity in the NHL, if we don't show up every night, we'll get burned. Hope this quiets all the posters trying to trade #14 on main board trade threads. Depth still remains an issue for this team (salary cap). The thing that bothered me the most was the passivity. We kill teams with our skill, speed and transition game. When we play like water-bugs all over the ice we win. The lack of size showed last night. Prust was great but Moen basically fights like a guy afraid to get concussed again. We also didn't get any cycle going against an extremely slow D AND we missed a mean crease clearing dman - more than anything last night. Someone who could've slugged Simmonds or Hartnell who basically did whatever the **** they wanted in front of Carey.

that's what worries me about playing a philly or Boston in the playoffs. the whistles are put away and we get ground down again - like the year we finished first. I still think we lack size all over the ice and hope it gets addressed in the summer.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereforaquickpost View Post

You're obviously new here..

No worries, eventually you'll be able to recognize which posters not to bother with.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:34 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

I agree with Whitesnake's post.

Thinking about that, I think while we might have used an extra d-man on the backend, yesterday's game showed just how many elements we're missing in order to be a very competitive team. Our defense is missing a lot of elements. It's worrying though that there will not be any move whatsoever before next season, since our d-core is pretty much complete with Bouillon being re-signed.

Closed Thread